The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, badgerthewitness said:

The old 'gets emptied/claims bites' response. 

Randomguy levels of minter.

Why else would I have popped in? You think I actually care what's happening down here? 🤣 

That's a minter mate. 

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I didn't say they were shite loans though, did I? Reading, or lack of it, not your strong point then?

Well your loans were shite and you said ours were no better so....... 

Edited by RR #1

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Gullan was only there for half a season FFS. Scored 9 in 14 starts which is top drawer.And maclean only played  5 and scored 2 as the season ended quickly. He did more in those 5 games than Macmillan did all season for us.

I didn't say they were poor and I didn't say that McMillan was any good for us either. I'm merely trying to disprove your assertion that Falkirk are failures in the loan market while Raith Rovers and 'other teams in this division' are very good at it. Trying to say we can't utilise the loan market while using McManus as an example is pretty poor TBH. As per usual, you're just trying to jump on a negative to highlight how bad you think we are.

As other folk have said too, we've plenty of examples of good loans over the past few seasons. Burgoyne, Rudden, McManus, DKD, Nelson, Jakubiak, all guys who did well for us. Don't suppose they count though?

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I didn't say they were poor and I didn't say that McMillan was any good for us either. I'm merely trying to disprove your assertion that Falkirk are failures in the loan market while Raith Rovers and 'other teams in this division' are very good at it. Trying to say we can't utilise the loan market while using McManus as an example is pretty poor TBH. As per usual, you're just trying to jump on a negative to highlight how bad you think we are.

As other folk have said too, we've plenty of examples of good loans over the past few seasons. Burgoyne, Rudden, McManus, DKD, Nelson, Jakubiak, all guys who did well for us. Don't suppose they count though?

Isn't that half the squad that got you relegated you just named. 😂 f**k me this is a great laugh. I'm never leaving. 

18 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

I never said you said that. But it's fact your loans were shite and you said ours were no better......... 

No, McManus wasn't shite mate. I didn't say that yours were no better either. I said that I couldn't see how Shadwell could say that you got better value from yours which, considering they scored 11 league goals between them, isn't such a crazy suggestion, is it.

As I said, reading skills...

4 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Survival of the fittest. We've been shafted by too many clubs too many times. If one or some of those clubs go down the tubes,then offer the patronising sympathies whilst laughing up our sleeve and move on. Its about time we learned how to survive in Scottish football.

Falkirk for years sold low and bought high and were seen as as an easy touch.  Not helped by the Clydesdale Bank being none to confidential that any player asset was to be sold whatever the offer. The only time I can remember getting it right was in the Jim Jeffreys era.  Goodness me could Jeffreys and Brown not pick them up !

33 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

McManus I said was excellent but the other two were complete dugshit. Raith on the other hand had 3 excellent loan signings. That says to me they used the loan market better than us. If we had signed a couple of decent loan players instead of da vita and Macmillan we  would've more than likely got promoted.  I'm not talking about 2 or 3 years ago I'm talking about since we ended up in league one.  Our very own Morrison for example was at East fife last season.  Imagine we'd got him in instead of diddy like da vita..

Although it’s been pretty brutal reading the last page or so just wanted to point out we also had Callum Ferrie and that utter diddy Lewis Moore on loan last season. Also Raith had that pish ‘keeer from Ross County Munro as well.

Don’t think our use of loans has been too bad last few seasons tbh certainly better than it had been before that. We had 5 loans last season 1 was a back-up and didn’t play, 3 were dugshite but then McManus was comfortably our best player and probably best in the league as well so do you take a few shite squad players for 1 brilliant player? For me it’s an absolute no brainer.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Falkirk for years sold low and bought high and were seen as as an easy touch.  Not helped by the Clydesdale Bank being none to confidential that any player asset was to be sold whatever the offer. The only time I can remember getting it right was in the Jim Jeffreys era.  Goodness me could Jeffreys and Brown not pick them up !

Our Manager of the Millennium and you spell his name wrong........twice!!

6 hours ago, Russ said:

Although it’s been pretty brutal reading the last page or so just wanted to point out we also had Callum Ferrie and that utter diddy Lewis Moore on loan last season. Also Raith had that pish ‘keeer from Ross County Munro as well.

Don’t think our use of loans has been too bad last few seasons tbh certainly better than it had been before that. We had 5 loans last season 1 was a back-up and didn’t play, 3 were dugshite but then McManus was comfortably our best player and probably best in the league as well so do you take a few shite squad players for 1 brilliant player? For me it’s an absolute no brainer.

Christ I forgot all about Moore he was that bad. Another shit loan signing last season.  McManus apart they really were dreadful.  If you do your job properly you get 4 decent loan signings and bobs your uncle your promoted. It's not a you have to have one good one and 3 shit ones. It's all about the right scouting . 1 success out of 5 is crap and a few quid on wages pished down the drain.

Hate to mention this.  I like to think of myself as a rational thinker, not naturally pessimistic, BUT, with all the talk about the imminent announcement of another lockdown in England starting next week, Scotland would follow.   Today's game might just be the last game in (insert your guess here).

Be very happy if I am wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Hate to mention this.  I like to think of myself as a rational thinker, not naturally pessimistic, BUT, with all the talk about the imminent announcement of another lockdown in England starting next week, Scotland would follow.   Today's game might just be the last game in (insert your guess here).

Be very happy if I am wrong. 

Non essential retail should shut before football imo. There’s a cultural and social benefit to the Fitba being on.