The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats a bit much given his performances last season. There was nobody on here slagging him off. The vast majority of Gary Miller discussion here last season was that he should be our captain.

I was alluding to the gomis and miller combo. Was clear that it just doesn’t work in league 1, and indeed we were all happy when and reaped rewards for the binning of it early days this season. 

But yeah agreed on his individual performances last season - he was everywhere in games, breaking up play and playing simple passes. Think he was our best player for a month or 2. But again performances are more important than what he’s “meant to be good at”, and he’s not showing it now. 

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats a bit much given his performances last season. There was nobody on here slagging him off. The vast majority of Gary Miller discussion here last season was that he should be our captain.

Exactly right. McKinnon started him in midfield in his last game and there he stayed where he barely put a foot wrong for the rest of the season. Like a lot of others he's just not been at it this season at all so far, but I'm struggling to work out how the fans knew he was no good 13 months ago!? FWIW, I think I'd probably play him at RB as he's generally a more solid performer than Mercer who seems pretty inconsistent. 

I was alluding to the gomis and miller combo. Was clear that it just doesn’t work in league 1, and indeed we were all happy when and reaped rewards for the binning of it early days this season. 
But yeah agreed on his individual performances last season - he was everywhere in games, breaking up play and playing simple passes. Think he was our best player for a month or 2. But again performances are more important than what he’s “meant to be good at”, and he’s not showing it now. 
Ok. Well I can agree with that. And Miller is not beyond criticism either for his own performances. It's not like he carried us to the title and has a load of credit in the bank.

9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Yeah you're not on the right page, he wasn't good enough last year either. The reason the "combo" doesn't work is because Miller is rotten. If you put Dowds up front with Ronaldo you wouldn't say the "combo" doesn't work, you'd say Dowds is sh*te. All we need to say is Miller is sh*te. 

2 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Yeah you're not on the right page, he wasn't good enough last year either. The reason the "combo" doesn't work is because Miller is rotten. If you put Dowds up front with Ronaldo you wouldn't say the "combo" doesn't work, you'd say Dowds is sh*te. All we need to say is Miller is sh*te. 

Very harsh. He bossed games last season and that was the reason there were zero complaints when he was made club captain. 

He is however very very limited, so when he stops doing the things he did very well, he becomes pointless. His legs have also gone a bit too

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Very harsh. He bossed games last season and that was the reason there were zero complaints when he was made club captain. 

He is however very very limited, so when he stops doing the things he did very well, he becomes pointless. His legs have also gone a bit too

He never bossed games with us, you're just proving my initial point, fans don't seem to spot it. He's not brave on the ball and looks for the easy option every time. He shouldn't start. 

3 minutes ago, MS RR said:

He never bossed games with us, you're just proving my initial point, fans don't seem to spot it. He's not brave on the ball and looks for the easy option every time. He shouldn't start. 

He should be starting at right back. He is streets ahead of The Snail Mercer.

Miller hasn't been up to much in midfield this year but was probably our third best player last season after Mutch and McManus. That maybe says more about the rest of our squad than Miller himself right enough. 

8 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Thoughts on Calumn Morrison? I don't think he's kicked a ball since his contract extension.

Best player in the league and every team knows it. Hence why he has two players on him every time he gets the ball. That's a positive though as it creates space for others.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Best player in the league and every team knows it. Hence why he has two players on him every time he gets the ball. That's a positive though as it creates space for others.

...and, unfortunately, he's creating space for players who aren't close to producing the goods. I still expect more from him, considering his pedigree is at least one division higher.

He should be starting at right back. He is streets ahead of The Snail Mercer.
Miller hasn't been up to much in midfield this year but was probably our third best player last season after Mutch and McManus. That maybe says more about the rest of our squad than Miller himself right enough. 

He doesn’t have the legs or any presence going forward. He is, at best is a holding midfielder breaking up play but he has been poor this season.

I listened to a LMs interview on FTV. I’m convinced he watches different games from me.
I am not having any of the bad weather pish. The weather was bad for Cove, Airdrie and every other team in Scotland that won today-look at Hearts and Raith... it’s time for honestly and stop trying to kid the fans or himself.
I know that if anyone has told us we’d be 4 points clear before New Year we’d have be delighted but the way it’s is unfolding it’s s really concerning.
Big improvements needed and soon as this duo won’t escape failure this season and I’m pretty sure of that.

38 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Thoughts on Calumn Morrison? I don't think he's kicked a ball since his contract extension.

He gets marked out of games. Which should free up space for other players, but we're not always clever enough to make the best use of it.

Happy to be where we are at the moment, I'd have taken 4 points clear going into the new year before the season started. The last 2 games have been disappointing especially as we looked like we were playing good stuff up to the airdrie game. On the other hand there isn't a team in this league to be scared of including the last 2 opponents.

5 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Happy to be where we are at the moment, I'd have taken 4 points clear going into the new year before the season started. The last 2 games have been disappointing especially as we looked like we were playing good stuff up to the airdrie game. On the other hand there isn't a team in this league to be scared of including the last 2 opponents.

Quite right shouldn’t be scared of any team In this awful league but I don’t think the message has reached our managers.

Should be taking the game to every team we play not the timid shite served up in the last two games.

We should have enough about us to get out of this league (given resources and squad), but we are now just one bad result away from losing momentum and giving encouragement to the other sides in the league.

As mentioned elsewhere, I reckon Rawlins is the man/organisation to bring about a real shift in what FFC is all about. He will see anything other than getting out of this league as champions as failure.

The one guy I know who had a bit of insight into his workings at Stoke saw him as a good guy, a sharp guy, but not a good guy to those he considered not up to the job or who considered themselves billy big shots.

We will find out soon enough.

10 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

He doesn’t have the legs or any presence going forward. He is, at best is a holding midfielder breaking up play but he has been poor this season.

I listened to a LMs interview on FTV. I’m convinced he watches different games from me.
I am not having any of the bad weather pish. The weather was bad for Cove, Airdrie and every other team in Scotland that won today-look at Hearts and Raith... it’s time for honestly and stop trying to kid the fans or himself.
I know that if anyone has told us we’d be 4 points clear before New Year we’d have be delighted but the way it’s is unfolding it’s s really concerning.
Big improvements needed and soon as this duo won’t escape failure this season and I’m pretty sure of that.

I tend to feel this way with most of Miller and McCracken's post match interviews when we haven't performed. I know they don't want to throw the players under a bus but just tell us how it is and don't make out we have done something we haven't.

I am really concerned that they appear to be happy with that squad and don't think they need to add to it, maybe they have been told they aren't getting to add to it. Mind you looking at some of the shite they have signed that might not be a bad thing.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Morrison is an ok player but not the genius many seem to think he is. I honestly think this is because we've been so poor in recent years we're desperate for someone to actually be decent which I understand..  As someone said above he's been anonymous for weeks and you can't just put that down to marking, any half decent player is going to get marked tightly and most of those marking him aren't even full time footballers.

Having said that he's far from the worst.  Telfer should have started yesterday with Mercer out and Miller to RB.  Todd or Telfer next to Gomis and Alston in the centre.  

Up front we're really poor - what's the point in having LM listed as a player if we're going to continually play duffers like Sammon, Francis and Dowds ahead of him?  

On the plus side Gomis and Dixon are two strong contenders for player of the year so far.  Shame they're both ancient.