The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

England deciding if a two week circuit breaker is brought in as infection over many parts of England escalating to critical levels. I’m sure we won’t be far behind, as our FM normally goes one better than Bobo, probably four weeks. Cant see the three lower leagues getting away with no testing much longer especially when the SFA Santa handed out 500K to the championship, and dribbles to other two leagues 

A few of the clubs down south have apparently responded to the FA saying they wont support a 2 week break at this stage of the season.

Aye, but how do you know what sort of player he is and whether he's any good is what I meant. I'm assuming (hoping) that you don't  watch too many sevco reserve games?

No but I do know people who know what is coming through at youth level and his name has come up a number of times.

I have said consistently we need youthful legs in the side and this lad I believe fits the bill.

30 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye 4 1 we pumped them. Crawf was the first Falkirk player to score a hat trick in the premier League and the only one I think for quite a few years after that.

Also one of the most consistent players I have seen in a Falkirk jersey, don't think I can remember him having a bad game. Only other player that I can say about is John Markie.

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Also one of the most consistent players I have seen in a Falkirk jersey, don't think I can remember him having a bad game. Only other player that I can say about is John Markie.

I’ve a really sketchy memory of being at a game when a young laddie  and Big Craw got a red card for wiping out the opposition goalie with a really, really late tackle then claiming he was concussed and could not remember the tackle ?

Can anyone help me here ? Did this happen ?

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’ve a really sketchy memory of being at a game when a young laddie  and Big Craw got a red card for wiping out the opposition goalie with a really, really late tackle then claiming he was concussed and could not remember the tackle ?

Can anyone help me here ? Did this happen ?

Indeed - it was versus Ayr United and he was indeed concussed.

Just watched Gary Deans interview and it has left me fucking raging. Not only did that c**t Doncaster and his fellow band of fuckwits deny us the chance of promotion last season but they have now handed Alloa and Arbroath who will run at a fraction of our budget half a million quid whilst we get £150k. Scottish football is rotten to it's core and Doncaster needs hunted 😡

Edited by Harry Kinnear

16 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

It just so happens that the Alloa owner is on the SFA board ? Rotten and bent to the core, how on earth was the funding calculated.....

I've said it already and it's only my opinion but to me they looked at the financial state of the championship clubs and worked out what was the minimum amount required to get them all through the season. When we're not even half way through and there's rumours about the likes of morton not being able to pay their December wages then your talking about that sort of cash to get them through to April.  They've then decided that they can't give different amounts to different clubs in the same league so everyone ends up with 500k. Crazy giving a part time organisation with 26 employees a free gratis grant of half a million pounds whilst restaurants and shops go bust and people end up on the dole elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just watched Gary Deans interview and it has left me fucking raging. Not only did that c**t Doncaster and his fellow band of fuckwits deny us the chance of promotion last season but they have now handed Alloa and Arbroath who will run at a fraction of our budget half a million quid whilst we get £150k. Scottish football is rotten to it's core and Doncaster needs hunted 😡

The idea that the money given out should in some way be decided by the fans delusional view of how "big" a club they are is far more laughable than anything Doncaster has ever come up with.

Maybe you should budget according to the level you currently enjoy playing at.

Then, you can dry your eyes

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

The idea that the money given out should in some way be decided by the fans delusional view of how "big" a club they are is far more laughable than anything Doncaster has ever come up with.

No the money given out should have been decided on whether a club is full-time or not, the amount of employees they have, the daily running costs of the club no matter what league they are playing in. What is laughable as none of this seems to have been taken into account and the amount clubs have been given has just been decided on what league they are playing in. So for example a club that is part-time with far fewer employees gets £500k and a full-time club with many more employees gets £150k. It would only happen in Scotland, the way  our football is run is an absolute joke.

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Eh we do . How do you think we made a substantial profit last season despite covid and dropping a league. Main complaint is that the sg shouldn't be bailing out sides that are unable to budget correctly . Any club needing 500k only 3 months into the season was never going to reach April and should never have agreed to start the season to begin with. We were going to be fine with or without a handout.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

No the money given out should have been decided on whether a club is full-time or not, the amount of employees they have, the daily running costs of the club no matter what league they are playing in. What is laughable as none of this seems to have been taken into account and the amount clubs have been given has just been decided on what league they are playing in. So for example a club that is part-time with far fewer employees gets £500k and a full-time club with many more employees gets £150k. It would only happen in Scotland, the way  our football is run is an absolute joke.

But Falkirk should be bailed out because they decided to stay full time with more staff and  costs despite dropping down a division?

AstonishingLittleJellyfish-small.gif

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Eh we do . How do you think we made a substantial profit last season despite covid and dropping a league. Main complaint is that the sg shouldn't be bailing out sides that are unable to budget correctly . Any club needing 500k only 3 months into the season was never going to reach April and should never have agreed to start the season to begin with. We were going to be fine with or without a handout.

Maybe you can get your fans to stop whinging about it then?

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yes I very much doubt the sg gives the grants out to other businesses depending on the standard of their product.  Sorry your food isnt up to much so your getting this much even though you have ten  restaurants and employ hundreds of people whilst the wee cafe down the road where the home made grubs great will be getting 3 times as much even though they only employ two folk and are shut for 3 days a week. 

Just now, Mr X said:

But Falkirk should be bailed out because they decided to stay full time with more staff and  costs despite dropping down a division?

AstonishingLittleJellyfish-small.gif

Maybe you can get your fans to stop whinging about it then?

We don't need bailed out with government money, we have the fanbase to look after ourselves. We also have substantial investment coming into the club very soon. We will be fine.