The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Back to football, rumour has it we have a closed door match today versus Aberdeen apparently. No idea of KO time/location as yet.  

Thanks for this.

I think that it was over on the Clyde thread where one of their posters was questioning their pre-season friendly opponents being lower league teams where Clyde were taking 6 or 7 off them. He posed the question that, on the assumption that they would be near the bottom of the league, perhaps they should have been playing higher league opponents where Clyde could practice “shutting up shop”.

By the same token, on the assumption that we will have teams coming to TFS and “shutting up shop”, maybe we should be playing lower league opponents in our pre-season friendlies where we can practice opening up defences?

Just sayin’ like.

27 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Thanks for this.

I think that it was over on the Clyde thread where one of their posters was questioning their pre-season friendly opponents being lower league teams where Clyde were taking 6 or 7 off them. He posed the question that, on the assumption that they would be near the bottom of the league, perhaps they should have been playing higher league opponents where Clyde could practice “shutting up shop”.

By the same token, on the assumption that we will have teams coming to TFS and “shutting up shop”, maybe we should be playing lower league opponents in our pre-season friendlies where we can practice opening up defences?

Just sayin’ like.

I like the idea of playing teams currently better than us tbh, ie Dundee Utd, Ayr Utd, Killie & Aberdeen. Will give us a harder task to break down & if we can, we take that form and knowledge into the league cup/league. 

Other than the Killie loss, which was a flattering score line in the end, we’ve done well. 

Guest Ecosse83

Has anyone who has got a season ticket for the first time in a while received anything through the post yet? I’ve paid mine but heard nothing since. Obviously still plenty of time but just curious! 

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Has anyone who has got a season ticket for the first time in a while received anything through the post yet? I’ve paid mine but heard nothing since. Obviously still plenty of time but just curious! 

Seen or heard nothing. 

21 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Got mine yesterday.

Re STs. I am leaving the Main Stand to return to the Crunchie Stand. Have received nothing, but there’s lots of time as you say. I am sure it will all be fine.

22 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I think the club are waiting to send them out. I went in to buy my Bonnyrigg tickets and they just handed me mine while I was there. If say 200/300 then that might save a fair whack on posting them out. Smart way to go about things.

26 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Re STs. I am leaving the Main Stand to return to the Crunchie Stand. Have received nothing, but there’s lots of time as you say. I am sure it will all be fine.

Coming to join all the hooligans and homophobes in the south stand as this forum tells us . Welcome to the party . 

Edited by deano25ffc

I think the club are waiting to send them out. I went in to buy my Bonnyrigg tickets and they just handed me mine while I was there. If say 200/300 then that might save a fair whack on posting them out. Smart way to go about things.

Same here when I got my Bonnyrigg ticket last week. I got my new season ticket whilst there too. It was mentioned that they had got the cards in so would be sending out shortly….