The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Seen or heard nothing. 

is it not Clark EPOS that are dealing with this? lol

Nope. The card printing machine was used by Ticketmaster & now Total Tickets. 

Clarke EPOS were supplying the kiosks only. Not now obv. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Losing 4-1 disappointing, but not really important. It does seem to back up what we have learned so far……back to vulgar fractions, and we look to have 7/11ths of a very good L1 side……maybe even 8/11ths. It’s the missing bits that will do for us, but hopefully they will be addressed in the next three weeks or so.

Its a fair shift from last season when we never really got beyond 3/11ths at best.

Tbh  Aberdeen are throwing some cash at their team on the back of Ferguson and Ramsay leaving there's no shame in losing 4-1 to them. Without knowing the team lines I'd assume we maybe rested a few. 

8 hours ago, Jackie Myles said:

Paul Dixon's had a great start to his Peterhead career. Own goal against Raith then sent off v Dumbarton.😂

Rumoured to be one of the dressing room issues, very obvious he’d lost a yard last season. Not surprised on his start, for me he should have hung up his boots year before last. 

8 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Tbh  Aberdeen are throwing some cash at their team on the back of Ferguson and Ramsay leaving there's no shame in losing 4-1 to them. Without knowing the team lines I'd assume we maybe rested a few. 

Im not sure it sits right with me clubs like Aberdeen taking 3 million quid off the taxpayer one minute and then bringing in 5 million and spending it the next whilst other businesses struggle.

9 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Im not sure it sits right with me clubs like Aberdeen taking 3 million quid off the taxpayer one minute and then bringing in 5 million and spending it the next whilst other businesses struggle.

What really skewed Scottish football is teams like Arbroath getting Anderson money that far exceeded their annual turnover and full time teams like us and Partick getting far less because of the decision to allocate it on league positions rather than turnover. This will take several years to work its way out of the system and one reason Arbroath for instance are playing way above their usual level.

10 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

What really skewed Scottish football is teams like Arbroath getting Anderson money that far exceeded their annual turnover and full time teams like us and Partick getting far less because of the decision to allocate it on league positions rather than turnover. This will take several years to work its way out of the system and one reason Arbroath for instance are playing way above their usual level.

Then add on the 0.5M the championship clubs got……

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

My mistake I thought there was two handouts.

There was two. Money was given out to fund testing funded by the boy Anderson but it wasn't ridiculous amounts really. It was the govt money that skewed things quite a bit though think the kjlk got the two mixed up.

30 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Absolutely agree. It was lazy by the SPFL to hand the money out like prize money rather than using any business acumen at all. 

39 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Let’s not go there again FFS. We were in L1, there for a reason and got what we deserved. 

41 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

The reason Arbroath are in a position above their usual level is that they are a well run club with a good manager rightly they are rewarded appropriately.

Turnover, full time does not matter a jot. Its what is done on the pitch that matters.

31 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The reason Arbroath are in a position above their usual level is that they are a well run club with a good manager rightly they are rewarded appropriately.

Turnover, full time does not matter a jot. Its what is done on the pitch that matters.

I’m sure the extra 500k they received the likes of ourselves and Patrick didn’t helped produce “what is done on the pitch” as you put it . Most of the time money does tend to influence how good or bad the product on the park is unfortunately.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Everyone got £50k from Anderson.

The real difference was the £500k they got from the SG. We got, I think £150k.

Was at a function recently where Dick Campbell said that Arbroath had over a million in the bank!

My main point was that surely caveats should've been entered into these loans so that they could be paid back quicker if the club received certain large sums of money in the up coming period.  That cash could be better used elsewhere but is instead being paid back at zero percent interest over about twenty years .