The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Can’t be much budget left (if any) and can only hope that M&S previous relationships with the likes of Hearts, hold good for loan deals. A turd is a turd not matter how good it’s polished. Saturday we had at least four on show. 
Wouldn’t bet against Williamson will suddenly disappear with a troublesome injury, as his body language is so wrong. 
If M&S thought they’d be able to get a song out the named subjects, I’m sure Saturday night was full of explicits.

They'll be what gets him sacked unless he can somehow get us into the playoffs and afforded to clear the decks regardless at the end of the season. It may come to that anyway given we aren't exactly flush with cash. As it stands off the top of my head you'll have McKay, McCann, Mackie, under contract for next season the rest out but with a few on year options plus kids. If he's already questioning the lack of quality and belief in some that's not ending well. 

Is it a case of needing more directors to balance out the workload a bit? The FSS ad said a commitment of 20 hours per week which won’t be possible for most people.

Clearly it’s not an easy role so may be better to have more bodies needing to do less work each.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

13 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Lyle Taylor

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2007–2009 Millwall 0 (0)
2008  Eastbourne Borough (loan) 4 (1)
2009  Croydon Athletic (loan) 4 (0)
2009–2010 Concord Rangers 37 (23)
2010–2012 AFC Bournemouth 29 (0)
2011  Lewes (loan) 6 (2)
2011  Woking (loan) 5 (1)
2012  Hereford United (loan) 8 (2)
2012–2013 Falkirk 34 (24)
2013–2014 Sheffield United 20 (2)
2014  Partick Thistle (loan) 20 (7)
2014–2015 Scunthorpe United 18 (3)
2015  Partick Thistle (loan) 15 (3)
2015–2018 AFC Wimbledon 131 (44)
2018–2020 Charlton Athletic 63 (32)
2020– Nottingham Forest 57 (7)
2022  Birmingham City (loan) 14

(5

Rumarn Burrell

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2019 Grimsby Town 4 (0)
2019–2022 Middlesbrough 0 (0)
2021  Bradford City (loan) 2 (0)
2021–2022  Kilmarnock (loan) 6 (0)
2022– Falkirk 0 (0)

True, we had heard of neither Lyle Taylor or Rumarn Burrell but there the similarity ends.

Lyle Taylor had been banging them in for Concord Rangers when he was 19 -20. Can't see anything akin to that in Rumarn Burrell's playing past.

Anyhow, I hope that he has been signed to go straight into the first team and that he bags himself a hat-trick on Saturday. We can't afford another project signing, either literally or figuratively.

C'mon Rumarn!

Who the f**k are Concord Rangers?

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

For me I don’t honestly think there’s many wishing ill or failure with anyone regardless of player, coach, manager, or anyone connected with the club. The point that many are making with the forward players brought in, is the similarities of poor signings the club has made in the past few seasons.
Yes I believe M&S have steadied the ship defensively, but as we seen on Saturday, it’s upfront where surgery is critically needed. 

Does that not make you sick to your stomach that there’s even one so called fan that “wishes ill or failure” on anything to do with FFC?

The word “quality” is a very ambiguous one in football. A manager can simply mean that on the day, players he believes to be capable of better crosses, better passing, more clinical finishing……they just weren’t “at it”.

It could also mean something much less subtle…….players X, Y and Z do not possess the qualities needed to be in the team……..they simply aren’t good enough.

I doubt that McGlynn would publically write off players one game into the season (even if the voice in his head is screaming that they ain’t good enough).

I think his comments were intended to be along the lines of that on the day, the qualities needed to win the game simply weren’t there (rather than them simply not existing anywhere within the current squad).

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Is it a case of needing more directors to balance out the workload a bit? The FSS ad said a commitment of 20 hours per week which won’t be possible for most people.

Clearly it’s not an easy role so may be better to have more bodies needing to do less work each.

It has to be the case that the support in general do not really grasp the amount of work needed for FFC to function (nor do I). If you think that we have five directors committing 20 hours each per week (and I think that figure might be wildly underplayed), and then we have a CEO plus admin staff, a Commercial Manager, a Commercial Executive plus others plus volunteers on top of that, then the non footballing side workload has to be completely bonkers.

I think its been a case of folk have been nieve into how much damage has been done by the past and how much work needs to be done to repair that damage.  Dare say if you are working a full time job with that in the background then its understandable that someone stepped down.  

Again not ITK or that but but come on tae f*ck those that think here is some sort of agenda or something going on in the background (say apologists for the last regime) give it a rest, I dare say the guy that stepped down and close friends will only be the ones that know the reasons for stepping down and like I say is probably a case hasn't got the time to commit..

Edited by AL-FFC

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

How do you know it’s this, it could be his own personal circumstances have changed and he can’t commit the time required.

I was told it certainly wasn't through a change of circumstance.  Heard from someone that the boys resigned as a patron too but I can't confirm that. Concerning though.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Can a Patron resign? Didn’t they simply all shell out £10k for shares in their own names with no obligatory strings attached?

They're a group who vote two members on to the board so I'm sure  they must have some kind of membership regime surely. 

24 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Can a Patron resign? Didn’t they simply all shell out £10k for shares in their own names with no obligatory strings attached?

The group had an agreed notice period all members signed up to and would need to give should they want to withdraw themselves/they’re shareholding from the group. Think it was 6 months. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

55 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

I was told it certainly wasn't through a change of circumstance.  Heard from someone that the boys resigned as a patron too but I can't confirm that. Concerning though.

Not a good sign if true. 

16 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Not a good sign if true. 

I’d be taking stuff like this read on here with a massive pinch of salt unless the person posting is actually prepared to substantiate it or give even the remotest hint of detail, wouldn’t even have to be to the extent of breaking a confidence but just something more that what could well be bog standard shit stirring with no tangible information given.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’d be taking stuff like this read on here with a massive pinch of salt unless the person posting is actually prepared to substantiate it.  

That of course is your perogative mate no problem with that. I'd be exactly the same. All I can say is I'm concerned about things and I'm not the only one. 

Disappointing to hear Doug has resigned as he seemed to be a decent guy.

We seem to be moving forward slowly as a club let’s hope the FSS get a good replacement for him now. 

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I agree that we need a bigger Board to spread the workload 

I think its been a case of folk have been nieve into how much damage has been done by the past and how much work needs to be done to repair that damage.  Dare say if you are working a full time job with that in the background then its understandable that someone stepped down.  
Again not ITK or that but but come on tae f*ck those that think here is some sort of agenda or something going on in the background (dare say apologists for the last regime) give it a rest, I dare say the guy that stepped down and close friends will only be the ones that know the reasons for stepping down and like I say is probably a case hasn't got the time to commit..

I’ve no reason to believe there’s anything untoward in this resignation as I know no one associated with the board, but I definitely object to mates of those on the board calling anyone who dares to ask question old board apologists.
One could also suggest that your comments are a deliberate attempt to play down the matter due to personal interest.
Are we honestly no longer allowed to hold the new board to the same levels of accountability as previous regimes, or should we just restrict ourselves to question / criticise the manager and players from now on?…

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve no reason to believe there’s anything untoward in this resignation as I know no one associated with the board, but I definitely object to mates of those on the board calling anyone who dares to ask question old board apologists.
One could also suggest that your comments are a deliberate attempt to play down the matter due to personal interest.
Are we honestly no longer allowed to hold the new board to the same levels of accountability as previous regimes, or should we just restrict ourselves to question / criticise the manager and players from now on?…

I haven't got any personal interest and I don't know anyone on the new board but ffs if someone can point out anywhere in this statement where it suggests anything untoward has happened enlighten me ? because unless your Nostradamus or Mystic Meg or a personal friend of Doug, all there is is speculation and rumour.  You can also look at the posts suggesting that something has happened behind the scenes can be someone with an axe to grind , I honest to f**k wish that One F was still here as that sort of sh*t negativity, gossip, rumour sh*t stirring was rife on there, they've just swapped platform and drag it onto here. There are some I think would be happy for what's being put in place or what's changing to fail just so they can say GIRFUY, Even folk questioning McGlynn after 1 game ffs.

"We can announce that Doug Moodie has stepped down as Falkirk Supporters’ Society representative on the board of Falkirk FC. 

We would like to thank Doug for all his efforts during his time on the board. 

We will now consult with FSS about recruiting a replacement for Doug, and an announcement regarding this will be made in due course. "

Coming on here now is like the merchants of doom for all things FFC, the seats aren't blue enough, the new striker is shit before anyone has seen the lad in action, even questioning McGlynn after 1 game the mans been straddled with last years failures and having to make do until the imposters contracts run out but even at that its still an upgrade on the past 2 years.