The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I’m afraid we’re going to disagree again. And the reason I disagree is because of your final sentence. You are 100% correct in what you’ve said in it.

Neither of us know if there is an issue, but I think it’s very likely given the comments from some of his friends and his response to them. The question is how you deal with that.

For me, you do one of two things. You come out openly and tell the world what the problem is. Or you keep your mouth shut and work quietly behind the scenes with the FSS committee to get it fixed so your successor doesn’t encounter the same issue.

What I don’t agree with is endorsing people who’re dropping hints and innuendo. I just don’t see any benefits to anyone in taking that approach. It’s neither open nor transparent, which is something we’d been promised the new setup will be.

Firstly, “who’re” seems like an unacceptable interpretation of “who are”. Secondly, who is dropping hints or innuendo, and who is endorsing that?
I don’t do FB or Twitter, but a chap reacted to someone posting on the subject by saying that Doug Moodie “liking” a comment was not the behaviour they wanted to see from a FFC Director. Lucky then that the “like” wasn’t made by a FFC Director. Phew! That was a close call.

Your “one of two things” isn’t really a popular choice in the real world, is it? Your “open and transparent” cards are no match for a pair of “private and confidentials”

See to be honest, I’m a member of FSS to try and help the club and I have absolutely no interest on ever getting on the board or who goes on the board. I’m not a rich person, I’ll never be a patron as the kind of money needed to do that I would never be able just to give the club but I take my hat off to those that can.
The bottom line for me is the team and how they perform on a Saturday, the politics of the board is of no interest to me. I’m happy that we have fans on the board who have our best interests at heart. If someone wants to chuck it then so be it.

I sometimes think us Falkirk fans have had such a shit time of things in the past 4 years that we just look for the negative in everything.
Could not have put it better. Nice one Harry

Guest Caractacus Potts
41 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I’m afraid we’re going to disagree again. And the reason I disagree is because of your final sentence. You are 100% correct in what you’ve said in it.

Neither of us know if there is an issue, but I think it’s very likely given the comments from some of his friends and his response to them. The question is how you deal with that.

For me, you do one of two things. You come out openly and tell the world what the problem is. Or you keep your mouth shut and work quietly behind the scenes with the FSS committee to get it fixed so your successor doesn’t encounter the same issue.

What I don’t agree with is endorsing people who’re dropping hints and innuendo. I just don’t see any benefits to anyone in taking that approach. It’s neither open nor transparent, which is something we’d been promised the new setup will be.

No problem with disagreeing. Life would be dull if we all agreed about everything. 

You can have your opinions on how you would deal with it but the point is it’s not you and it’s not your or anyones right to demand the person come out and reveal all. Most will just say nothing but if you’re a fan and want to reveal that something is not right then liking a post can at least allow others to start asking questions.

In the same sense that you can say not to make suppositions when we don’t know the full ins and outs, maybe you should try speak to Doug before making your own judgements about his conduct. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

To me the “out of respect for the board” line is all wrong. The FSS shouldn’t be here to show respect to the board, the purpose is surely to represent and advocate for the interests of the club, in particular the supporters. If that necessitates being critical of the board, so be it.

Its another reason Imo why we need a genuinely balanced board- i.e. one not composed entirely of patrons.

There will be points when the perspectives of the patrons and the FSS are not aligned and current model creates a conflict of interest when that happens.

Agree with this 

Interesting all the sides going on here!

In one we have the friends of the outgoing FSS director making vague accusations of discord in the board and being liked by all the ex board stirrers and trying to keep the unrest going.

In another, we have acquaintances of current insiders (or really balanced people) trying to get over we don't know the facts and trying to calm it down.

Then most of the rest either unaware or don't want to say.

It's a shame, as all the good debate and posters are going missing while this is fought out. 

Pretty embarrassing really in my view.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m not assuming anything regarding the Douglas Moodie resignation gossip, I’m not even presuming there has been some kind of “disagreement” yet and nor should anybody else be to be honest, in fact I actually think him stepping down is most likely storm in a tea cup type stuff that shouldn’t really detract from the bigger picture. I was merely responding to another post regarding running the club by consensus and how it should work which in my opinion is totally correct, we are heading toward majority fan ownership and no single shareholder or director should presume they’re opinion out weighs that of the collective. 

We have 400 oddfans though paying in upwards of a tenner month which is a decent amount of cash for the club. That allows us to vote on two reps to give us influence in the way the club is run and the decision making process. Now running the club via consensus is fine as long as you don't end up in the situation mentioned earlier where a voting clique occurs and some directors are then sidelined and the fss ends up having little or no influence at all and the club is simply treating it as a means of extra funds every month.   Let's not forget that the club is still teetering on the brink of going bust and we've just lost the guy trying to fix that side of things. If your not concerned then you really should be.

Edited by Jackie Myles

21 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Interesting all the sides going on here!

In one we have the friends of the outgoing FSS director making vague accusations of discord in the board and being liked by all the ex board stirrers and trying to keep the unrest going.

In another, we have acquaintances of current insiders (or really balanced people) trying to get over we don't know the facts and trying to calm it down.

Then most of the rest either unaware or don't want to say.

It's a shame, as all the good debate and posters are going missing while this is fought out. 

Pretty embarrassing really in my view.

I'm sure some people would love to say more about a number of things but there's at least one poster on here that will just report back to the board everything that's been said  in the same way they've been doing for a while now. . 

Anyway….

Looking forward to seeing what Saturday brings. Can see a decent travelling support heading through and a couple of changes from last Saturdays match. 

Tickets should be on sale for Edinburgh away in a fortnight too. Hearing we’ll get just over 700 tickets. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

I'm sure some people would love to say more about a number of things but there's at least one poster on here that will just report back to the board everything that's been said  in the same way they've been doing for a while now. . 

Bit paranoid to suggest there is a spy in our midst feeding back to board especially when information on this thread is open to every Tom, Fife and Harry

8 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

Bit paranoid to suggest there is a spy in our midst feeding back to board especially when information on this thread is open to every Tom, Fife and Harry

Of course anyone can come on and read it themselves  but it's a bit different when you've been given the job of doing it specifically.

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

One of a few rumours doing the rounds.

More likely to get him perhaps even after the transfer window has shut but the loan market is still open. If he hasn't had much game time they may let him go elsewhere even though neilson has so far stated he isn't going anywhere.