The Falkirk FC Thread

Much improved performance from us. Having said that, Peterhead look like a lowland league side at best.

Williamson outstanding for us, which was good to see as I do think some of the criticism of him has been over the top.

We will need to take more of our chances against the better sides as we won’t be gifted that many opportunities.

To that end, Alegria won’t do for me. I’d also start Lawal in place of Nesbitt. For me, we don’t need Mcginn and Hetherington in midfield for games like this either.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Enough chances to win 4 games. They are poor but got a draw at Clyde 🤷‍♂️
Williamson and Morrison decent. Algeria held it up pretty well today and brought others into the game. He could do with a goal. 
Scum winning late on a bit of a downer. 

Turned out to be a decent win in the end. Could and should’ve scored a lot more. Morrison and Williamson were our best players by a long way today.

I think the midfield shape is still wrong, too many sitting players and they don’t get about the park enough. Very strange for Lawal to only get a couple of minutes

it was a bit of an early Sheerin performance, looked alright in spells but lacking in ideas going forward

Williamson a completely different player today, not just his stunning goal.  Happy to eat humble pie!  Him and Morrison need to reproduce that though, having shown they have it in them,  and do it against better teams than Peterheed ( ie everyone else in the league). 

Bampot referee, or maybe high on drugs; the foul given against McCann was utterly mind-boggling. 

Alegria is utter horseshit. Pathetic in front of goal, and minter South American theatrics. Get him tae feck back to the Govan tax cheats and give auld Jean his jersey. 

3 hours ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

I am getting really close to hoping Williamson gets injured - nothing serious; hamstring, broken nail - and Hetherington gets lost on his way to the stadium, as the only hope we have of McGlynn not continually picking these utter wasters.   

Williamson was fantastic today!

10 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Williamson a completely different player today, not just his stunning goal.  Happy to eat humble pie!  Him and Morrison need to reproduce that though, having shown they have it in them,  and do it against better teams than Peterheed ( ie everyone else in the league). 

Bampot referee, or maybe high on drugs; the foul given against McCann was utterly mind-boggling. 

Alegria is utter horseshit. Pathetic in front of goal, and minter South American theatrics. Get him tae feck back to the Govan tax cheats and give auld Jean his jersey. 

My understanding - and I’m not 100% sure on this is that the parent club, in this case Rangers, has to decide whether to terminate the loan deal early or not. The only way we could probably trigger this would be if Alegria got injured or McGlynn didn’t want him as part of his plans at all and he’d get no game time. Having Kai Kennedy on loan probably further complicates things.

I'm with BPM, I think Alegria could be doing with a goal. Holds the ball in very well and his knock down to Morrison in the first half was one of many good bits of link up from him.

The fact he's getting into the right positions for the chances he's getting for me is a positive sign. He just needs to bang one in.

Thought that was much better today..but hard to overstate how bad Peterhead are.

Came at a really good point in the season as had we lost heavily to a decent team again confidence would have been totally shot.

Well done team and McGlynn..can only beat what's in front of you and this was a credible performance. Onwards and upwards..huge game next weekend now to see if this is something we can build on or just beating up on a Junior side.

Really happy with that today, not perfect but much much better than previous weeks. A few players clearly given the proverbial rocket up the arse over the last week, Morrison immediately springs to mind as does Williamson. The former actually seemed to be thinking when the ball was at his feet today as opposed to snatching at chances, hopefully something he can continue to build on next week.

I’d have liked to see Alegria finish the game today to be honest. A cracking save, slightly unlucky with the header and not entirely sure what happened with the first chance as I was sitting at the opposite end of the stadium. Not forgetting the penalty shout in the second half either.

Their keeper kept them in the game today but they are absolutely dreadful, relegation fodder. I’d went into this game expecting three points, same goes for the next two. Build a bit of momentum going into a tough September.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm with BPM, I think Alegria could be doing with a goal. Holds the ball in very well and his knock down to Morrison in the first half was one of many good bits of link up from him.

The fact he's getting into the right positions for the chances he's getting for me is a positive sign. He just needs to bang one in.

He had two one on ones with the goalie and was embarrassingly awful with both. What better chances is he likely to get? Nah, he's just not up to it. No strength or physicality in a challenge either.  Bin. 

6 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

He had two one on ones with the goalie and was embarrassingly awful with both. What better chances is he likely to get? Nah, he's just not up to it. No strength or physicality in a challenge either.  Bin. 

You've got to be kidding ae, he ragdolled their centre backs all day. 

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Williamson was fantastic today!

Yup and happily eating humble pie right now.  Clearly his best game for us. Looked a different player. Would love to claim reverse psychology with that one!  

But he needs to perform like that more often, he's shown today that he can be effective, positive, and assertive. Keep it going and I'll happily sing his praises. 

Give him a chance. He’s a young laddie and a goal will do his confidence the world of good.

Played much better compared to last week. Morrison and Williamson easily the best players on the park, just need to see it on a consistent basis...

Nesbitt/Hetherington looked better, but still passengers compared to the rest. Alegria gets a rough time on here, but I find everything but his finishing ability and being in the right place quite good. Hard to tell if this will continue as Peterhead looked utter shite. Hopefully not down to the opposition and more down to us improving 

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Aye alright he was good today, still no my favourite though 😁👍

😂👏

Mich better today, hopefully that improves the confidence.

Have to say Hetherington really is a waste of a jersey though, the guy does hee haw! 

Guest Ecosse83

Surprised to read Alegria not being good enough, I thought he was decent today with some decent hold up play, something we lacked once he went off. Really hope he gets a goal soon though!