The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Sense alot of frustration here this morning from the Falkirk fans.Honest opinion though please ,how did Ryan Williamson play last night?

Looked rusty which could be expected, couple of decent runs to byline and he wasn’t the worse of the shite/incumbents on the park.

If you can keep him injury free, he’s a decent RB, unfortunately you need the fire brigade on standby when he shaves. 

16 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Sense alot of frustration here this morning from the Falkirk fans.Honest opinion though please ,how did Ryan Williamson play last night?

To be honest better than I expected but that is a very low bar.

Still a threat going forward but he does not have a tackle in him, appears terrified of the physical stuff in case he gets injured ( he will ).

McGlynn has a big decision to make for Saturday in terms of formation. Last time we went there we tried the diamond, which has worked well against Dunfermline and Montrose, and we were awful until we switched back to the 4-3-3. As we all know the 4-3-3 hasn’t been working recently. What will he do? I expect it will be the 4-3-3 knowing McGlynn but it will be risking if we lose again. 

Also, something I never said last night, McGlynn is getting all the stick and rightly so IMO however the players need to be held accountable too. He was right- that team should have been good enough to beat FC Edinburgh last night. These players need to step up. Craig McGuffie has the pace of my 88 year old Grandpa who has arthritis in his knees. McGinn needs rest and should only play at Hampden and in the play offs. Burrell should have scored first half and still misses to many chances for me. Donaldson has went completely off the boil, really unsure what has happened with him. Kinnear is just pure pish. Nesbitt was anonymous for the time he played last night.   

Edited by Tea and Busquets

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Just wondering if the club’s announcement about Nesbitt getting two further years has affected other player’s performances ?

Certainly didn’t affect his performance still busy looking busy without contributing.

Dont have an issue re signing him as a squad player but would hope that his salary matches his abilities.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

At the time I tried to remain calm and thinking there are enough games left for us to play ourselves out of this rut. Those games are rapidly running out now.

We have played 7 games thus quarter and taken 7 points (one win, 4 draws and 2 defeats). I will caveat that with one of those defeats was against a QotS side in a bit of form on the Saturday after the Ayr quarter final. Most people cut them some slack that day but since then we've had two 0-0's against 2 of the bottom 3 one of which was at home, two 2-2's with two of the top 3 both at home and then last nights defeat to a makeshift Edinburgh team in horrific form and who were beaten by Peterhead 10 days ago. 

We've got Alloa away then Peterhead away in the league with the semi final in between. If the players turn up in the semi then what they've been producing lately shows they've not being going at it 100 per cent since the Ayr game. Understandable but also not acceptable. I also wouldn't fancy having to go to Peterhead on the final day if they still have a fighting chance of finishing 9th. 

Sadly I think there are a number of reasons now to be concerned, mainly I believe the players have gotten into such a rut they're going to struggle to raise their game again for the remainder of the games. 

Looking at the number of subs we had last night and there's a thought in my head that we have too big a squad to keep them all happy particularly when he seems to have his favourites.

That’s all fair. I just thought the concerns have been evident for a while and I’ve had some amount of stick mentioning it. Even on our good run we kept giving teams a chance but I let it be as the results were what mattered and we did seem to show a bit of steely determination with some last gasp goals to secure points. 

You may be right to say QoS were on form but then you have to also acknowledge  that some of the teams we beat were on a bad run too. Ayr United was a great result but they were on a bad run of form and had fallen to second when we played them. It didn’t lessen the victory but it also wasn’t like we controlled the game with a penalty and deflected shot seeing us through along with a missed penalty for them. 

I’ll see what we produce in the semi before I consider personally whether he should lead us in to the playoffs. He deserves his opportunity for that as far as I’m concerned but we can’t afford to go in to the playoffs if we feel he has little chance of navigating us through them. As I said too I’d be considering a new manager either way but the semi is a great chance to show he can do it when it matters.  

Edited by Caractacus Potts

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

The signing of Jordan Allan baffles me more and more each day.

I don't think he's a bad player, McGlynn's just not bothered his arse trying to give him a run of games with a partner up top. Again never came on last night which was baffling.

This is now becoming increasingly reminiscent of Sheerin. Sheerin resisted everything that felt like two up front, and when he eventually tried it, he was “disappointed” at having to do so rescue a point at Montrose. He actually didn’t want two up front to work.

McGlynn finally gives in and starts Burrell……..but not in a two up front. He takes out Oliver, and effectively throws Burrell under the bus by playing him as a one up front when he knows full well that is not his game, and he will fail…….and it feels like that’s the outcome he wanted so that he can revert to Oliver, and leave Burrell on the sidelines.

I cannot imagine Burrell wants to hang around a minute longer than he has to.
Indulging in last night’s changes was as much about McGlynn’s vanity as anything else……..and yet again, he got caught out. The only teams that haven’t beaten us this season are Montrose, Peterhead, Alloa and Clyde, and of that four, two of them have another crack at it.

The one thing wholly above any criticism here is the manner in which the BoD have backed McGlynn. They really have done everything possible to support him. It’s McGlynn and McGlynn alone who has messed this up, and tbh, it’s pretty much the story of his managerial career wrapped up in a single season.

14 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Certainly didn’t affect his performance still busy looking busy without contributing.

Dont have an issue re signing him as a squad player but would hope that his salary matches his abilities.

Nesbitt will have signed because he doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of getting those terms anywhere else. Nesbitt has contributed around a dozen good performances in the last two seasons, and that’s enough to get him a two year extension. That’s just pure comic cuts.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't think he's a bad player, McGlynn's just not bothered his arse trying to give him a run of games with a partner up top. Again never came on last night which was baffling.

What was the plan? Even after he signed he didn’t get any game time. Utter rotter of a decision (so far) 

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

The signing of Jordan Allan baffles me more and more each day.

Me too, benchwarmer at us last season, a good half season with a struggling Clyde and Falkirk give him a 2 and a half year deal. Really bizarre, will be surprised if he's still in a falkirk shirt next season regardless of what division there in. 

Seriously, seriously hoping the players have subconsciously downed tools for the remaining league games and turn up when there's something to play for. I've been a big advocate of McGlynn's, but recent form has been nothing short of pathetic.

I can see it now, Burrell will again struggle for game time and McGlynn will say it's because he had his chance against Edinburgh. Play him in a f*cking 2. Played it against Dunfermline and we should've won, played it against Montrose - win. Revert to 1 up top and take 1 point out of 6. What does he see that we can't.

I dont think it's fair to say Airdrie will turn us over as I've seen a few suggest, we literally just drew with them a matter of days ago.

By the January transfer window, we'd lost something like 12 goals all season.  I think he signed Wright and Allan because they had bagged 4 of them combined. 

Two horse race, they scored against the Pars, we'll sign them, we'll beat the Pars.  Unfortunately, it turns out they're not very good. 

4 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Seriously, seriously hoping the players have subconsciously downed tools for the remaining league games and turn up when there's something to play for. I've been a big advocate of McGlynn's, but recent form has been nothing short of pathetic.

I can see it now, Burrell will again struggle for game time and McGlynn will say it's because he had his chance against Edinburgh. Play him in a f*cking 2. Played it against Dunfermline and we should've won, played it against Montrose - win. Revert to 1 up top and take 1 point out of 6. What does he see that we can't.

I dont think it's fair to say Airdrie will turn us over as I've seen a few suggest, we literally just drew with them a matter of days ago.

I don't think any Airdrie fan (sensible ones anyway) will come out and say we'll turn you over, but I'm certainly more confident of beating yous than i was 6 weeks ago.