The Falkirk FC Thread

Ryan Williamson being the best player on the park says a lot about the level some of these players have stooped to tonight.

In the end a bit of a dead rubber as I really think being away from home v Airdrie second leg suits us. Won’t judge us until after the semi and these games but so far the report card is going from A- to serious questions needing asked

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Bewildering team selection tonight and got the appalling result it deserved.

We have some massive games coming up and the manager has to really up his game every bit as much as the players have to.

I have been largely supportive of the manager but no defence for that tonight.

Finally I’m no fan of Williamson but the booing when he was leaving the pitch from some arseholes in the KM  stand was out of order.

Had Burrell been alive he'd have got himself one more assist than Blaine Rowe's had in his full time at us. I get the frustration due to him being made of chocolate but given we're one injury away from him starting games again have a bit of common sense.

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I don’t think McGlynn will get you though the play offs but with Dunfermline out the way he should win the league next season at a canter, especially given he’ll have the biggest budget but some way I’d have thought.

had the biggest budget this year though.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

In reality after the quarter final we really should have been finding our ideal formation and starting line up to get the best out of the players we have but instead McGlynn's stuck with the same broken way of playing and just gave players rests here and there. 

The 4-4-2 diamond midfield has to be the way forward from now on, we can't persist playing with something that clearly doesn't work. One of either Henderson/McGinn in the anchor role infront of the defence, Max in the 10, Morrison & Kennedy on either wing with Burrell & Oliver upfront together.

I'd be tearing my hair out if I was Allan at the moment, imagine moving to a club who's paid money for you having already scored 10 goals for one of the worst teams in the league and only getting 2 starts. He's not done himself much favours when he's came on but given how shite we've been he should have had a lot more chances by now.

That is an issue for me with all our strikers apart from Oliver. They have all had scraps in terms of game time and that isn’t how you get confidence or understanding into a front man’s game. They feed off confidence and a wee run of goals can make all the difference but none of them have had the chance to build up an understanding in a front pairing and get a run of regular goal scoring going.

Had Burrell been alive he'd have got himself one more assist than Blaine Rowe's had in his full time at us. I get the frustration due to him being made of chocolate but given we're one injury away from him starting games again have a bit of common sense.

Sorry but not at all sure what you are trying to say here.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Sorry but not at all sure what you are trying to say here.

As in the ones booing him or giving him absolute pelters after his one stray pass in the second half. I'm not going to give out a Gary Deans quote but it really doesn't help given we've got plenty still to play for this season.

For me, it feels as if we are well beyond the tipping point of getting any momentum or consistency before the play offs and semi final. The opportunity to build has gone.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

For me, it feels as if we are well beyond the tipping point of getting any momentum or consistency before the play offs and semi final. The opportunity to build has gone.

So why not try something radical ?

As in the ones booing him or giving him absolute pelters after his one stray pass in the second half. I'm not going to give out a Gary Deans quote but it really doesn't help given we've got plenty still to play for this season.

I think you are agreeing with Reggie in that the fans shouldn’t be booing Ryan. He was probably one of our better players tonight and for me also booing him is not right.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I was condemning the booing.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I think you are agreeing with Reggie in that the fans shouldn’t be booing Ryan. He was probably one of our better players tonight and for me also booing him is not right.

McGlynn deserves the boos

I’d now say we are the outsider of four in the Play Offs, and that’s two days after saying I did not fear any of the opponents. I cannot see us coming through these now. 

I’m usually positive but after tonight, there are some regulars who are so out of form it’s too much of a risk to play them.