The Falkirk FC Thread

Ok, last night was abysmal, a lot brought on ourselves by fannying about at the back with a goalkeeper who looks totally uncomfortable with a ball at his feet, and i'm not convinced he's much good anyway. I don't really rate PJ Morrison but i'd bring him back in. It might give him a boost and he'd raise his game to be part of the Semi final and Play Offs

The right back, Williamson played well first half, and is far better going forward than Rowe until he either ran out of steam or broke down again in the second half.

Rowe is an issue for me. I never got the feeling we'd found someone exceptionally great, and he's been given an easy ride from fans. His decision making is very slow, second goal last night he should be challenging No2 to the ball from Mutch, thereafter i think 10 out right that received the pass from 7 was offside but that is immaterial now. Rowe also got himself injured earlier by shitting out a tackle.

Rant over, no more trying to give folks game time, making substitutions after an hour just for the sake of it. No more trying to keep team, formation, tactics secret for Semi Final and Playoffs.

Team to start every game from Saturday PJ Morrison McCann McKay Donaldson Henderson Nesbitt Oliver Burrell Morrision Kennedy.  Right Back Williamson until he runs out of steam then Rowe if he wakens up. 

The Semi Final is just a bonus / distraction that winning would be financial utopia. Getting through the Playoffs has to be the be all and end all.

Edited by NUMBER 7

14 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's not been mentioned in the thread but the atmosphere in the last two home games in the KM has been subdued.

Took until we scored for any singing and to me there was a great deal of chatter in the stand so can only imagine how that translates onto the pitch. The only real noise (screams) came from the community teams in the Main stand.

You feel it shouldn't have to be co-ordinated or instructed but really need the singing section to get going continuously in the play-off games. 

Nah if the players perform then the atmosphere follows. We could have been 2 or 3 up last night and atmosphere would have been dire. 

2 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Dunfermline haven’t been outstanding, we’re building this league up far too much. Dunfermline have done what a full time team in league 1 should do. McPake is no tactical genius for managing to only lose 1-game this season. With our budget we should be ashamed to lose any games. 

Said the exact same thing to my dad last night. 

We scoffed at that lot when McPake was appointed but he has made this league look rightfully like walk in the park. 

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The way we have played has said to me that the players have accepted that was all they were playing for whether that was really the case or not. 

Then the players were wrong. Badly, badly wrong. Which is my most of them will still be flailing about at this level next season whilst Dunfermline are straight back to the Championship[.

I know nothing of Falkirk’s team and season but I would say it can be tricky to keep going when the main objective - the title - is gone and you’re comfortably going to make the play-offs. A strange sense of nothing to play for but the season is still to be decided, so Falkirk’s (and Dumbarton’s in L2) recent poor form isn’t a surprise to me. It’s a crap place to land. We coasted down to 3rd in 18/19 with Arbroath running away with the league, before beating 2nd place Forfar in the semis. 

On McGlynn specifically both times he took us out of L1, he did so after play-off failure. Nobody good seems to be coming down from the Championship so I would imagine any manager should take Falkirk up next season if needed. His play-off record is abysmal but I’m not sure that’s his fault, as such, he did lose four with us but from 3rd every time so we were never the favourites. 

Classic McGlynn for me would be beating ICT in the semi, his record against higher-ranked teams is very good, but losing the play-off semi first leg by two or three goals with a ‘brave’ win in the second leg just failing to turn it around. Is that enough to get him another year? 

Edited by Paco

16 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Then the players were wrong. Badly, badly wrong. Which is my most of them will still be flailing about at this level next season whilst Dunfermline are straight back to the Championship[.

Correct. The players need to get their fingers out and start performing like we know they can.  People say we don't turn up for the bigger games but to be honest that's all we've turned up for since the defeat at east end park. 

Just now, Enigma said:

Who would Falkirk fans want if you did sack McGlynn. Yogi would surely be one of the first to chuck his name in?

The board won't sack mcglynn. He'll be given the chance again next season even if we do miss out.  

24 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Said the exact same thing to my dad last night. 

We scoffed at that lot when McPake was appointed but he has made this league look rightfully like walk in the park. 

Right type of team for this league. Strong physical don't let in many goals . Smaller squad but that's been a positive for them . If they had had a lot of injuries though they might have really struggled but that gamble has paid off. Be interesting to see how they go next season.

16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The board won't sack mcglynn. He'll be given the chance again next season even if we do miss out.  

A luxury not afforded to others. I fancy he’ll win the league comfortably next season in all honesty. Seems like he’s having a good old time at Falkirk though, nice long contract and well backed by the board.

Edited by Enigma

2 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

We've said this every season down here 🤣

Looking at the teams likely to be in the league next season it should be your best chance. You’ll have the cup semi final money to chuck at it also I imagine.

Edited by Enigma

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

A luxury not afforded to others. I fancy he’ll win the league comfortably next season in all honesty. Seems like he’s having a good old time at Falkirk though, nice long contract and well backed by the board.

2 year deal wouldn't say that's especially long.  If he hadn't been backed we'd be bottom 6 . Theres no way we could've done anything with last season's squad. It had to be emptied and replaced . Still one or two hangers on but they'll be off in the summer thankfully.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

2 year deal wouldn't say that's especially long.  If he hadn't been backed we'd be bottom 6 . Theres no way we could've done anything with last season's squad. It had to be emptied and replaced . Still one or two hangers on but they'll be off in the summer thankfully.

Hopefully your board have had a good look at the contracts he’s been dishing out.

Assuming we are still here next season, don’t buy that we will win the league comfortably. Much of our downfall is across all teams. 

FFS we have a great chance to get up this year and McGlynn needs a rocket up his arse. Fck his two year gold plated deal, if I was on the BOD I’d sure be spelling it out that to the management that lasts night farce was completely unacceptable.

It’s not beyond impossible to get up this year, and I’d be reading the riot act today to every single player. Bunch of pussies.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Hopefully your board have had a good look at the contracts he’s been dishing out.

Not been any overly long ones handed out compared to the previous managers. Whats happening with Murray at your place. Has the challenge cup papered over the cracks of a pretty poor league campaign. I suppose it will keep him in post for another year . He's got another year to go too I suppose.