The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Could you imagine if it was Celtic or Rangers we were playing in just over a week’s time on this form? 

Truly terrifying.

3 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Could you imagine if it was Celtic or Rangers we were playing in just over a week’s time on this form? 

ICT are a decent side. . Had serious injury problems which have now eased. At least if we do play well we have a chance. Celtic or rangers I feel would beat us no matter our form unfortunately .

Now not having basically 7 guaranteed starters long term injured has definitely helped our revival. We're still missing Sutherland, MacGregor and Walsh, who arguably all start when fit.

At one point we had, Sutherland, MacGregor, Walsh, Deas, Devine, Samuels and Allardice out for months.  Our squad wins the Championship if those players are all fit all season. 

12 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The semi-final is of course, fantastic and despite recent form, having a day out at Hampden is never something to take for granted.

But for me, it’s now descended into a deflection tactic. Folk who don’t want to criticise the management team now go, “but the semi-final!”. As I said, great we’re there - but it’s only really Ayr who were a team we shouldn’t really have beaten on our run there. If we didn’t have the ICT game in a couple of weeks, this monumental collapse in league form would be getting more scrutiny imo.

Promotion is far more a priority than any cup run but we still  can't hide the fact that getting to a cup semi has made a huge difference to the financial situation at the club. No semi final and no promotion would have been a real problem. Getting to the semi has at least eased the pressure on promotion being the be all and end all this year.  How it's affected the players only they really know but there surely must be something in the fact that whilst our league form since east end park has fallen off a cliff our performance against Ayr was very good. 

10 clean sheets in 34 league games.

Another way to frame it, we’ve conceded in 24 out of 34 league games. 

3 v Clyde

2 v Peterhead

2 v Edinburgh

1 v Montrose 

1 v Alloa

1 v Kelty

For context, that’s only 4 more than the season before, probably our worst season ever.

The winner last night certainly reminded me of last season’s team.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Promotion is far more a priority than any cup run but we still  can't hide the fact that getting to a cup semi has made a huge difference to the financial situation at the club. No semi final and no promotion would have been a real problem. Getting to the semi has at least eased the pressure on promotion being the be all and end all this year.  How it's affected the players only they really know but there surely must be something in the fact that whilst our league form since east end park has fallen off a cliff our performance against Ayr was very good. 

Would you take a Scottish Cup win this season and stay in L1?

54 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Sounds like that was done in the changing room last night.  No it's very much not impossible although some folk on here would make you think we'd need to get past real Madrid and then man city in the playoffs.  Airdrie being held up as some sort of superstars considering  in the last two games we've beaten them comfortably and then  really should've beaten them at home despite our recent dip in form.  After tha it would be Hamilton, Arbroath or alloa it would seem if we get that far. We beat Ayr who are a far better side than either and alloa aren't exactly a team we should be fearing. We need to up our game but it's hardly an impossible task to see us still getting up.

You've only beaten us once this season.

7 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Would you take a Scottish Cup win this season and stay in L1?

There is absolutely no chance in hell we'd beat Celtic or Rangers in the final so we can forget winning it this season. Next Saturday gives us a decent chance of getting to the final but it will be the first time I've gone thinking we really do not have one single chance in hell of winning it.

13 minutes ago, Trump said:

3 v Clyde

2 v Peterhead

2 v Edinburgh

1 v Montrose 

1 v Alloa

1 v Kelty

For context, that’s only 4 more than the season before, probably our worst season ever.

As I said that to me is the biggest concern and far more of an issue over how many strikers we have out. Donaldson was excellent for the first half of the season and then has lost form completely for no obvious reason. Mackay has done okay but again  struggles without a steady partner. Mackie did well with Mackay at the start of the season but isn't fit and Watson didn't even make the bench last night so there's not many options outside dropping Henderson back and his form before moving into midfield wasn't exactly brilliant.  Very little room for manoeuvre if Donaldson doesn't regain form.

37 minutes ago, Trump said:

3 v Clyde

2 v Peterhead

2 v Edinburgh

1 v Montrose 

1 v Alloa

1 v Kelty

………….and of those 24 games where we have failed to keep a clean sheet, we have gone a goal down in 17 of them. We, a FT team, have gone a goal down in exactly half of the games we have played this season in L1.

Was in the south stand for the first time in ages last night, has anyone had the misfortune of sitting near a mouthy fake tanned 20years oldish female who by the way she was talking she seems to work or volunteer for the club/foundation/junior bairns. She spent the whole game calling the players Stephen,Kai, Gary etc. According to her the players are overworked, the fans are scum for criticising/booing, it was all the pitches fault for our poor performance(same pitch for both teams) and she was even arguing with 60/70 year old fans...she also wants our play off games moved to Broadwood since it has a better pitch.....what an eye opener last night was 🙄

3 minutes ago, martin ritchie said:

Was in the south stand for the first time in ages last night, has anyone had the misfortune of sitting near a mouthy fake tanned 20years oldish female who by the way she was talking she seems to work or volunteer for the club/foundation/junior bairns. She spent the whole game calling the players Stephen,Kai, Gary etc. According to her the players are overworked, the fans are scum for criticising/booing, it was all the pitches fault for our poor performance(same pitch for both teams) and she was even arguing with 60/70 year old fans...she also wants our play off games moved to Broadwood since it has a better pitch.....what an eye opener last night was 🙄

There’s plenty of them in attendance………

Guest Ecosse83

First post in ages. I’ve not read anything on here in months so not sure what the general consensus is these days! 

Hopefully Mcglynn isn’t getting pelters, yes he’s not perfect but the improvement this season is still huge despite our current form. 

One more thing to say though, Donaldson is fucking shite! 

25 minutes ago, martin ritchie said:

I don't but there are plenty hangers on from the club/foundation scattered about.

19 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

First post in ages. I’ve not read anything on here in months so not sure what the general consensus is these days! 

Hopefully Mcglynn isn’t getting pelters, yes he’s not perfect but the improvement this season is still huge despite our current form. 

careful now. 

32 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’ll bite!

Donaldson is our best centre back but is clearly chronically off form at the moment.

17 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Couldn’t create a chance if we were in a brothel with a twenty pound note attached to our knob. Get it sorted McGlynn.

If the reports/rumours on the contracts JMcG lumbered Raith with are true, it would be one of those fabled £500 notes…

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Looking at the teams likely to be in the league next season it should be your best chance. You’ll have the cup semi final money to chuck at it also I imagine.

If he stays then I’d be quite pissed off if we chucked any extra money at him(or any other manager for that matter). The budget we have should be more than enough and we still have a £400k gap in our finances so any extra needs to be put aside to ensure that is filled for subsequent seasons should we fail to generate extra income.