The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

On 28/11.  2021 and 2022 I made the same lump sum payments to FSS. I’ve paid twice. I assume the 2022 payment takes a “membership” up to November 2023. That was the commitment if paying a Lump Sum through the PayPal facility, you had two commit to pay for two years. 

Currently I’m quite happy how FSS is run, good communications, representation within FSS and on the board. I’ll review my position in November, but FSS will need to remind me my fees are due as currently although a member,  I’m no longer on a Direct Debit arrangement or Annual payment and it not the type of thing that you remember you got to pay.

It might not be flagged up until your next payment doesn’t come out but I can check with the admin to see. They are normally very good at chasing up missed payments or profiles that have been cancelled.

It might have slipped the net though as know from experience that there are a lot of emails that come through each day regarding payments and some issues with PayPal cancelling profiles due to changes in bank details etc. 

9 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'll take the second bite, I can think of his diagonal ball to Kennedy in the first game at TFS when Kennedy scored the volley and also off the top of my head it was Donaldson's run and pass to Morrison that started off one of the goals away at Airdrie in the 3-1 game.

Brad Mckay hoofs, Donaldson actually tries to pick a pass.

Maybe so, but 99% of the time his distribution doesn't go anywhere near where its intended. He really does get away with so much. If it was McKay, the furore would be considerably higher. The Guy thinks he's Maldini, but lets be honest in reality he's just a bang average Scottish centre half. 

On a slightly different note here as it is Alloa we are playing tomorrow, did anyone ever get caught as the culprit who gave Brian Rice the abuse at our last game. Club and folk on here seemed to make a big thing of it at the the time, and rightly so, but just wondered if the guilty party was ever found

I’ve listened to all the Walking Down Hope Street podcasts and enjoyed them all. There’s one obvious player from the 90’s period who hasn’t done one yet (outwith the guys who went on to have a management role at the club). Neil Oliver? It would  be good to hear his thoughts on his time at the club.

7 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’ve listened to all the Walking Down Hope Street podcasts and enjoyed them all. There’s one obvious player from the 90’s period who hasn’t done one yet (outwith the guys who went on to have a management role at the club). Neil Oliver? It would  be good to hear his thoughts on his time at the club.

I have also listened to the vast majority, I'd quite like to see more recent players on the podcast if at all possible.

1 hour ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Maybe so, but 99% of the time his distribution doesn't go anywhere near where its intended. He really does get away with so much. If it was McKay, the furore would be considerably higher. The Guy thinks he's Maldini, but lets be honest in reality he's just a bang average Scottish centre half. 

Donaldson, could easily slip a ball right and forward to Rowe in acres of space 5 or 6 times ever match and never does so. He always looks for something spectacular or gets pressurised, tied in knots and passes back to a keeper who is useless with the ball at his feet. 

1 minute ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Donaldson, could easily slip a ball right and forward to Rowe in acres of space 5 or 6 times ever match and never does so. He always looks for something spectacular or gets pressurised, tied in knots and passes back to a keeper who is useless with the ball at his feet. 

I dont think we often see him tied in knots, not sure thats fair. His failure to go down Rowes side anywhere near often enough, is absolutely fair though. 

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think we often see him tied in knots, not sure thats fair. His failure to go down Rowes side anywhere near often enough, is absolutely fair though. 

I agree, he constantly looks to go down the left side or through the middle where its packed out. Rowe just has to stand there with his hands in the air calling for the ball in acre of space.

3 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

I agree, he constantly looks to go down the left side or through the middle where its packed out. Rowe just has to stand there with his hands in the air calling for the ball in acre of space.

Some folk are used to this in the Main Stand, but i'm not as I sit in #KM7... At Montrose I could hear a lot of what McGlynn was shouting, and at least twice he had to tell Donaldson to use Rowe. 

It was mentioned on Saturday and Tuesday that Donaldson seems to have a bias for the right-to-left diagonal instead of the easy ball at times. 

After recent performances fans do seem to be highlighting these foibles as I can't recall them being such a big deal when we were winning 🤷‍♂️

Quite simply the preferred formation and shoehorning of players into roles they can't play or those who lack game time and haven't been good enough over time cost us on Tuesday. 

We have to hope when the semi comes we play our best XI and also that a couple of those play above their recent best to stand a chance at the moment. Ultimately that means Oliver, Donaldson and Morrison playing exceptionally well on the day!

Onto the FSS vs. FF debate and I also can't see why anyone would A) contribute to both or B) contribute to FF only.

Even if you're not behind fan ownership the fact that the monies enter the club and you could get a say via the fans reps makes it the superior offering and agree with @Zbairn that the club has too many initiatives that seem to be acute slices of the same fans pie.

13 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

Donaldson is shite, he's slow, has zero vision for a pass and is found out of position when it matter most. He has every quality of a bad junior footballer. Burrell is a better centre half than  him and that is a serious statement

Maybe not the Burrell point but I agree that he is not a great defender. He can actually distribute very well but he is not the player many make him out to be.  I genuinely don't see what ranks him so far ahead of McKay and Mackie in peoples minds.

15 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Benedictus would have been exposed playing the football we play. Dunfermline’s style has suited his game down to a T.

Given he often is inside the six yard box taking the ball of Mehmet at goal kicks, takes the ball forward into the midfield and is an ever-present in the best defence I the division, that is some wild take.

Another one that riles me is Kennedy and his apparent unwillingness to slip a ball to McCann on the overlap, particularly when McCann can hit the bye line. Far too often he uses McCann’s run to either try and cut inside or turn back.

A bit too predictable for my liking. Although he has quick feet and can beat a man, it’s always the same. Defenders love a one trick pony.

43 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Another one that riles me is Kennedy and his apparent unwillingness to slip a ball to McCann on the overlap, particularly when McCann can hit the bye line. Far too often he uses McCann’s run to either try and cut inside or turn back.

A bit too predictable for my liking. Although he has quick feet and can beat a man, it’s always the same. Defenders love a one trick pony.

Kennedy has possibly been the one bright light in our recent horrendous run of form.