The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

He was great up until we got beat off of Dunfermline. McKay has stepped up and is now our bes centre half in my opinion, don't think Mackie is better, had a few good games a the start of the season

MCKay was absolutely horrendous on Tuesday. I would get Henderson back in there with Donaldson. Gives you left/right balance and better distribution.

You can then play McGinn at the bottom of the diamond, Nesbitt/Morrison right, Max Left, Kennedy/Morrison up top and Burrell and Oliver up top, or burell, Morrison or Oliver, Morrison depending on how things are 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

MCKay was absolutely horrendous on Tuesday. I would get Henderson back in there with Donaldson. Gives you left/right balance and better distribution.

You can then play McGinn at the bottom of the diamond, Nesbitt/Morrison right, Max Left, Kennedy/Morrison up top and Burrell and Oliver up top, or burell, Morrison or Oliver, Morrison depending on how things are 

Henderson has proved his worth in the middle of the park and is needed there. McGinn and Max are too lightweight and don't get box to box like Henderson does.

Surely you have to admit Donaldson needs a spell on the sidelines?

56 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Wouldn't be against it games we will dominate the ball.

50 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Henderson has proved his worth in the middle of the park and is needed there. McGinn and Max are too lightweight and don't get box to box like Henderson does.

For who? Mackie's not fit and surely your not suggesting whacking Paul Watson in at this stage after over a year out.

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

For who? Mackie's not fit and surely your not suggesting whacking Paul Watson in at this stage after over a year out.

Didn't suggest that we do put Watson (or Mackie) in. It doesn't detract from the fact that Donaldson deserves to be dropped IMO and the only thing that I think prevents that is the lack of options at the moment. 

I don't really want to see McGlynn resting players tomorrow for the semi final, win tomorrow and it should be enough to confirm 2nd place. He really needs to use the next three games to work on our strongest starting 11 and get some consistency back. I'd be bringing back PJ Morrison, Kinnear's far too flappy for my liking and his distributions terrible. 

Morrison
Rowe Donaldson Mckay Mccann
Henderson
Morrison Max Kennedy
Burrell Oliver

We've shown ourselves to be capable of beating the teams we're likely to face in the playoffs we just need that consistency back that we had at the start of this year. 

Edited by FFC 1876

I think there's a real lack of confidence in the full defence. Whether that's because of a lack of confidence from Kinnear causing a lack of confidence in defence or vice versa I don't know but we look like we have a number of mistakes in us at the back in every game. Every goal we have lost recently has been through stupid defending (Airdrie's first in the 2-2 game, Dunfermline's second the week before, both goals on Tuesday). We've lost 7 goals in our last 4 games - 6 in 3 home games - that kind of defending isn't going to do anybody any good. 

Yes I'm aware we've also scored 7 in 4 but the defensive side doesn't make good reading. 

34 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't really want to see McGlynn resting players tomorrow for the semi final, win tomorrow and it should be enough to confirm 2nd place. He really needs to use the next three games to work on our strongest starting 11 and get some consistency back. I'd be bringing back PJ Morrison, Kinnear's far too flappy for my liking and his distributions terrible. 

Morrison
Henderson
Morrison Max Kennedy
Burrell Oliver

We've shown ourselves to be capable of beating the teams we're likely to face in the playoffs we just need that consistency back that we had at the start of this year. 

Goalkeeper aside (I'm 50/50 on the two goalies) this is the side I've been advocating for weeks. Tough on McGinn and Nesbitt (both of whom have had decent seasons) but its our best side IMO. Allan can come on for the least effective of Burrell or Oliver, but at least he will be playing in a 2 up front. Lots of creativity in the 3 behind the 2 strikers too. Henderson box to box and covering the back 4.

Remember the pelters Henderson was getting as a CB???? Too soft, to easily knocked off the ball, doesn’t dominate.

He has been our best midfielder for weeks….…the only one capable of consistently good passing. Stick him at CB, and I really think we are asking for trouble. We will lose more in midfield than we will gain in central defence. 

It’s the collective disorganisation at the back that is the biggest cause for concern. They simply do not work together as a unit, and they haven’t done so for a long time now.

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

He was on the bench v Dunfermline recently and that midfield was the one that played that day. And no I would not drop Donaldson 

Edited by Back Post Misses

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Kennedy has possibly been the one bright light in our recent horrendous run of form.

I think he blows hot ‘n cold. No doubt one of the more talented players in our team, but if I was Leon McCann I’d be frustrated as hell with him.

Watch the number of times McCann runs the length of the field to get past him and then he tries to cut inside. Sometimes it works as in the goal on Tuesday night (plus the Ayr match)…but quite often the better option would be to slide the ball through for McCann to hit the bye line.

My opinion only 😉

On 19/04/2023 at 20:48, Caractacus Potts said:

If they are being bankrolled then their turnover would surely be higher. They can’t just put in money and keep it from the accounts. 

Their accounts for this season won't be out yet.  They finished 8th last season nearly 30 points behind Kilmarnock. This season they are only 8 points off top after  they brought in about 12 new players and guys like Chris Maguire and Josh mullin won't be cheap. 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Morrison
Henderson
Morrison Max Kennedy
Burrell Oliver

Swap Henderson into CH and mcginn at the base of the diamond 👍

Guest Caractacus Potts
37 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Their accounts for this season won't be out yet.  They finished 8th last season nearly 30 points behind Kilmarnock. This season they are only 8 points off top after  they brought in about 12 new players and guys like Chris Maguire and Josh mullin won't be cheap. 

I realise that but last seasons accounts are a lot more to go by regarding their budget than simply judging them on being better than last season and having a couple of decent players on their books.

You talked matter of factly about them having a much bigger budget so presumed you had more insight than just judging on the above. 

26 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He was far too soft in there at the start of the season, looks much better in the middle of the park.

His distribution is excellent. If MAcKie is fit he would play in front of MCKay for me.