The Falkirk FC Thread

A week before a national cup semi final and can’t believe how quite the lead up is. Spent today back in Falkirk and the town is very quiet. 
Hoping that we can increase our numbers to around eight thousand which would be fantastic. Yes we’ve been absolutely gash of late, but can’t wait for next Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Diamond didn’t work the last time over at Alloa. Doubt he’ll do it again tomorrow. 

It didn’t include Oliver though 

1 minute ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Can't see the value in putting Henderson back to CH. He was a bombscare, always made a pretty big mistake. Best left in Midfield where he has been far better. 

Exactly. Unless Watson or Mackie are armed and ready to step in, McKay and Donaldson stay.

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Diamond didn’t work the last time over at Alloa. Doubt he’ll do it again tomorrow. 

We didn't play with any wingers that day so I wouldn't read too much into that. The midfield was far too narrow as we played with 4 centre midfielders so we didn't actually create anything for the two strikers until Kennedy & Morrison came off the bench. That was the line up that started the game.

Morrison
Rowe Mckay Mackie Mccann
Yeats McGinn Henderson
Nesbitt
Burrell Allan

54 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We didn't play with any wingers that day so I wouldn't read too much into that. The midfield was far too narrow as we played with 4 centre midfielders so we didn't actually create anything for the two strikers until Kennedy & Morrison came off the bench. That was the line up that started the game.

Morrison
Rowe Mckay Mackie Mccann
Yeats McGinn Henderson
Nesbitt
Burrell Allan

Yeah McGinn at the bottom of the diamond and Nesbitt at the top. We were quite narrow with Morrison, then Kennedy in the hole too. I’d just be surprised if he does it again. Played Alloa 4 times. Won 3 with the 4-3-3 and drew with the diamond. I think he’ll go 4-3-3 again. 

57 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Decent piece including Russell latapy on A View From The Terrace last night.  Also right at the end legend bit is Alex Totten. Good clips of brockville. Catch it on iPlayer 

The wee bit about Alex Totten was excellent.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Decent piece including Russell latapy on A View From The Terrace last night.  Also right at the end legend bit is Alex Totten. Good clips of brockville. Catch it on iPlayer 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The wee bit about Alex Totten was excellent.

Did it cover his fit of pique over Stainrod @Mcdairmid?

38 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Did it cover his fit of pique over Stainrod @Mcdairmid?

Funnily enough it wasn't mentioned. One of the biggest shames that goal was wiped from recorded history in the days before video phones and club TV. At least I was there that day and in my mind will never ever see a better goal. 

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

He didn't get outjumped, he didn't jump at all. 

Aye the problem that night was positioning himself right under the ball and letting the attacker get the jump on him so he physically couldn't jump. He just stood and watched it unfolding. 

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Funnily enough it wasn't mentioned. One of the biggest shames that goal was wiped from recorded history in the days before video phones and club TV. At least I was there that day and in my mind will never ever see a better goal. 

Or him leaving a Falkirk side top of the 1st Division, for the assistant job at the club that died? Aye, Mr Falkirk indeed.🙄

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

McGuffie this season was better 

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Absolutely not. On a lovely day, on AstroTurf with the goalie out. Stainrod was on the deck, into driving wind and rain from wet grass over a goalie. Mcguffies goal was excellent but stainrods better

We will agree to disagree. Much much harder to hit a ball accurately when it is off the ground. Your memory must be a bit fuzzy as Lindsay Hamilton was standing on his 18 yard line