The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

The 1% chance Falkirk have on Saturday is if Airdrie don't know whether to stick or twist, Falkirk get off to a flyer like Dunfermline at home and get the score back to 6-4 by Half Time. Even then, there is no way Airdrie won't score on Saturday. I've got tickets, so i'll go along. Prediction, we won't loose the tie by more that 5   

That stick or twist thing  was what I was thinking would be in play had we either held onto the 5-2, or even better managed to grab a third. Had we grabbed a third, Airdrie would have been wondering how the f**k they destroyed us with 5 goals in a half and were still only going in with a 2 goal advantage. 

As it is, we not only need to score at least 2 early/first half goals into a side who can happily sit back and stifle, but we would then need to go blood and thunder and get another 2 unreplied. 

It's football, there's always a chance, but if I go along it's only to comfort myself that I wouldn't have missed the miracle to end all miracles, and cos iv already paid my wedge. 

10 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I’m quite looking forward to Saturday. I can’t enjoy summer until I’ve spent the afternoon launching torrents of vile abuse at the players/management/club. It’s an annual tradition now.

Should really temporarily rename the stands for the final game of the season

Tickets for the Pressley North, the George Craig South etc

Just now, SouthStander1876 said:

not touched that hellhole in a while, was one of the culprits "Jordan Allans Goals"

I'm not sure. I had to switch if off when I read that McGlynn knows there's mega investment coming in and that's why he's not worried about taking a horsing for the ages. 

32 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Absolutely no one would pay a fee for Morrison

I disagree.  His agent could put together an impressive video with the best of his goals.  Yes it would flatter to decieve, but a carfully edited video would make him look like Johan Cruyff with his silky skills but in reality that is 1% of his game, the other 99% he is more like a dug chasing a balloon.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Iv just read some of the Discord channel for thr Falkirk Daft podcast..... and..... Holy f**k 🤣🤣🤣

Some of the takes on there are absolute beauties. 

Don't go in there. It's bad in there. 

Following last nights abhorrent horrors, I like hundreds of fans are at a crossroads. After nearly forty years of having an ST, I’m genuinely considering not renewing if this clown is kept for next season.

Backed this club for years and followed it with sponsorship and lately the FSS. Yes our life down here has been nothing short of appalling, watching shite after shite after shite. BOD after BOD making horrendous choices with Chairman Chairwomen or Chairtransperson.

Managers appointed that simply weren’t good enough and a hundred plus players signed on decent wages and stole the cash. Lucky if we could make a starting eleven to compete in the championship if truth be told.

We start each season with a reported 400K shortfall. (probably close to some of the L1 teams budget)

The new BOD have publicly asked for financial help, and we have some incredible supporters who have made fantastic contributions, patrons who again have dug deep, sponsors new and old that continue to contribute and FSS now contributing 100K per season. 

Where does this cycle end - it doesn’t, we don’t have enough people in the FSS to get near the shortfall and I’m guessing with seasons disastrous end we won’t see a large uptake.

Whats next ? we may be able to sustain full time but it will be our last season until god knows when. The BOD have made it clear that they don’t want outside investment, if I remember think the description used was “ someone predatory or shady” I agree, but surely the time has now arrived to consider outside investment? 

We are told that behind the scenes that wrongs are being corrected, and the newbies are getting the club back on an even keel, I don’t know how much wrongs were needing corrected but it would be good to hear updates as it’s gone frightfully quiet.

39 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

When McGlynn grasps for excuses citing the fans wanting 2 strikers (no we didn’t), and getting nothing from the officials, while saying “shape and formation has nothing to do with it”, then you know you are watching a manager who has run out of road, and has abandoned populist chit chat in favour of spouting something the Board might buy into in order to keep his job.

This is what McGlynn is good at.....blaming everyone else for his very obvious shortcomings.  I am glad he is your manager, and no longer ours......
Most over rated manager ever.

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I hear a lot of “1%” chance of success on Saturday, I wonder what the percentage actually is if such a statistical equation exists (like what they do in test cricket when they show percentages of win, lose or draw between both sides as the game goes on/draws to a close).

No statistician could account for the intangibles of the way we set about that first half. It was almost I possibly shite. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

How they want to sell that to the support base is going to be something to behold. In truth, I don’t think they can successfully do that. “A manager with one L2 title win 14 years ago, and about half a dozen play off failures is still our man going forward.” That’s a seriously hard sell to make.

I'm not convinced they have to sell anything though. That's my point. However big a laughing stock we are on the pitch - or, until fairly recently, off - fans continue to turn up in very consistent, respectable numbers. Season after season. What would it take to change that? I've no idea. Relegation down another level?! The club has - or certainly appears to have - pretty much a captive audience. So if McGlynn is still in charge going into next season, would that result in a few season ticket holders deciding to chuck it? Maybe. But hundreds, or certainly enough to have a real financial impact? I just don't think so.

There are some very sound football reasons for deciding to twist as far as the managerial position is concerned - you could start and end with that abomination last night. I just don't buy the "we need to empty him or season ticket sales will fall off a cliff" argument. Because, on all available evidence, they won't