The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

I’m torn on McGlynn, overall I think he’s just a decent enough job all things considered. However last nights result alone is enough to be sacked in my opinion. 

Granted Dunfermline this season were absolutely relentless… however our own points tally of 67 wouldn’t have been enough to win League one the past few full seasons anyway. (Cove 79, Arbroath 70, Ayr 76, Livingston 81)

Anyone think he’ll actually be binned? 🤔

Was it not a 2 season plan anyway with this season as something to build on, In all honesty with the exception of last night, FC Edinburgh and the semi final as well as the subbing at Airdrie at the start of the season I've enjoyed this season f**k its an achievement to finally get to the play offs instead of finishing mid table and even 6th at least its shown progress its the positives I can take from this season.

As usual Falkirk tradition though we shat the bed when it was time to be counted at least this time it wasn't at our place in front of a full house.

5 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

I’m torn on McGlynn, overall I think he’s just a decent enough job all things considered. However last nights result alone is enough to be sacked in my opinion..... 

Anyone think he’ll actually be binned? 🤔

Whatever anyone's view of McGlynn (good or bad) the only constant characteristic for me watching him over the years is how completely uncomfortable he is being interviewed on camera.  He just isn't media savvy and constantly digs holes for himself.  He doesn't seem to know how to fend off the awkward moments - and christ knows last night was an awkward time to be interviewed.  You see how the younger managers seem to cope better faced with a camera (eg Bartley at Queens) but the older guys often struggle.

Bairns' View is pleased to confirm the exclusive story that the club will be entering a team into the SPFL Reserve League from next season onwards.

Reserve team fixtures will help to bridge the gap between the under 18s squad and the first team’s starting 11, as we look to continue to advance youth development at the club.

The league will also provide the opportunity to get more minutes in the bank for players seeing a lack of first team action, helping them to stay sharp for when they are called upon.

The club will make sure that supporters are kept up to date with all of our matches in the Reserve League throughout the 2023/24 season.

The club would like to extend our sincerest thanks for each of the 440 plus supporters who have already purchased their season tickets for the 2023/24 campaign.

Your early commitment for next year helps the club to continue to prepare for next season, to help set budgets and to give John and Paul the strongest playing budget available. Everyone who signs up for the FSS and/or Forever Falkirk is also contributing directly to the playing budget, so please join if you are able to.

You can purchase your 23 / 24 season ticket and find all details below.

22 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Nothing to lose but to go all out 2 - 5 - 3 and play an old fashion 100-mile hour cup tie.

Pissing about for the first 15 minutes settling into the game is pointless

Let’s do an Airdriemedia and do the comeback (going one goal further than what Celtic managed years ago against Artmetia (?).

On 04/05/2022 at 22:34, Oberon43 said:

The majority of McGlyn’s loan signings were lacklustre to say the least. Personally I’m glad he’s gone. Much as I like him as a bloke, his record is nothing special. He seems to have lost the plot over the last few months and I’m afraid he may be turning into another Yogi. I feel sorry for the Bairns as I think this appointment may well turn sour very quickly. Good luck!

Absolutely telt ya 

16 minutes ago, Oberon43 said:

Absolutely telt ya 

Tbf it didn’t turn sour very quickly. We were on track to have one of our best and most enjoyable seasons in 6/7 years, from our lowest point ever. Last night is very hard to come back from though. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's trying to kick the ball. He has no idea where the goalie is. Are you trying to say he was deliberately kicking him?  It was no different to the Jota one recently where a yellow was quite rightly given and var backed that up ll. Accidental high feet no mallice whatsoever.

No, I'm saying that he's recklessly endangering an opponent. His boot shouldn't be that high, it's as simple as that. 

It's interesting that you say it's no different to the Jota one, that was reviewed in the following days and the consensus was it should have been a red. Jota got very, very lucky. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12870724/ref-watch-dermot-gallagher-gives-verdict-on-jurgen-klopp-feud-with-paul-tierney-and-diogo-jotas-high-boot-on-oliver-skipp

It's 

21 minutes ago, Onthegoalline1876 said:

No offence to Paul but no and the only move for Mr. McGlynn - oot the door please !

Why an automatic no to Paul? Ricey eventually became his own man. What’s Paul’s reputation? Is he more of a cones guy or more to offer?

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Following last nights abhorrent horrors, I like hundreds of fans are at a crossroads. After nearly forty years of having an ST, I’m genuinely considering not renewing if this clown is kept for next season.

Backed this club for years and followed it with sponsorship and lately the FSS. Yes our life down here has been nothing short of appalling, watching shite after shite after shite. BOD after BOD making horrendous choices with Chairman Chairwomen or Chairtransperson.

Managers appointed that simply weren’t good enough and a hundred plus players signed on decent wages and stole the cash. Lucky if we could make a starting eleven to compete in the championship if truth be told.

We start each season with a reported 400K shortfall. (probably close to some of the L1 teams budget)

The new BOD have publicly asked for financial help, and we have some incredible supporters who have made fantastic contributions, patrons who again have dug deep, sponsors new and old that continue to contribute and FSS now contributing 100K per season. 

Where does this cycle end - it doesn’t, we don’t have enough people in the FSS to get near the shortfall and I’m guessing with seasons disastrous end we won’t see a large uptake.

Whats next ? we may be able to sustain full time but it will be our last season until god knows when. The BOD have made it clear that they don’t want outside investment, if I remember think the description used was “ someone predatory or shady” I agree, but surely the time has now arrived to consider outside investment? 

We are told that behind the scenes that wrongs are being corrected, and the newbies are getting the club back on an even keel, I don’t know how much wrongs were needing corrected but it would be good to hear updates as it’s gone frightfully quiet.

I bet you bought a season ticket the season after M&M were tipped out and Sheerin was appointed. 

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

No, I'm saying that he's recklessly endangering an opponent. His boot shouldn't be that high, it's as simple as that. 

It's interesting that you say it's no different to the Jota one, that was reviewed in the following days and the consensus was it should have been a red. Jota got very, very lucky. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12870724/ref-watch-dermot-gallagher-gives-verdict-on-jurgen-klopp-feud-with-paul-tierney-and-diogo-jotas-high-boot-on-oliver-skipp

It's 

Aye there was the usual moaning and gnashing of teeth from pundits backing ludicrous new rules but  officials thankfully showed common sense in the Jota case.  I can't stand this desperation to send people off for complete accidents in modern sport .  For years high foot was an indirect free kick and  the two players got up and got on with it without a cheep. No whining no desperation for a red card just as it should be as it's a complete accident. From a still image it looks worse anyway. In the highlights you can see everything happens in a split second. Allens only intention is to get the ball. He has no idea the keeper is going to suddenly dive full length from his right side.

Red cards in these situations are a complete over reaction as they don't prevent it happening again as it's an accident and not a deliberate act so the same thing would happen in the same situation again and again. We need to stop trying to wrap players up in cotton wool. Footballs a hard tough game and injuries happen . By all means there should be no excuse for diberate serious foul play but red cards for complete accidents is a joke.

Edited by Shodwall cat