The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, AGPar said:

I'm not convinced they have to sell anything though. That's my point. However big a laughing stock we are on the pitch - or, until fairly recently, off - fans continue to turn up in very consistent, respectable numbers. Season after season. What would it take to change that? I've no idea. Relegation down another level?! The club has - or certainly appears to have - pretty much a captive audience. So if McGlynn is still in charge going into next season, would that result in a few season ticket holders deciding to chuck it? Maybe. But hundreds, or certainly enough to have a real financial impact? I just don't think so.

There are some very sound football reasons for deciding to twist as far as the managerial position is concerned - you could start and end with that abomination last night. I just don't buy the "we need to empty him or season ticket sales will fall off a cliff" argument. Because, on all available evidence, they won't

When did we have a manager as bad as this, and not change him? ST numbers have stayed up because each time, they have re-set (with the only exception being McKinnon, but he never got near this level of ineptness). Each season has started with a bit of hope. There will be precious little of that going into next season with McGlynn in charge.

There is so much evidence out there saying he is pretty much a serial failure in terms of league performances.

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Quite simply the reason we’re stuck in this division is because we have failed to find a decent striker. Until we find a 20+ a season striker we’re stuck. The board needs to show some ambition and find the finance for it. 

Dunfermline didn’t have one either yet romped the league. QOS had one and struggled

Genuine question:

Reading on here people moaning about wild takes, happy clappers and misplaced loyalty, can Falkirk's relatively large crowds be regarded as, it not a curse, at least a double edged sword?

The crowds should be a huge boost, not least in financial terms, but it's not working that way.  Are they part of the problem in any attempts to change direction?

14 minutes ago, Oberon43 said:

Dunfermline didn’t have one either yet romped the league. QOS had one and struggled

Wighton got 16 which would do for me any day of the week. Anything above 15 and your getting close to one in every two games.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Genuine question:

Reading on here people moaning about wild takes, happy clappers and misplaced loyalty, can Falkirk's relatively large crowds be regarded as, it not a curse, at least a double edged sword?

The crowds should be a huge boost, not least in financial terms, but it's not working that way.  Are they part of the problem in any attempts to change direction?

No 

51 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Doesn't have to be 20 goals but a good striker that scores goals regularly makes a huge difference.  Cove had one, Partick had one, queen's park had one  and Dunfermline have one.  Raith had   gullan for the first half of the season who fitted that bill back then. 

I’m not sure Wighton would have had scored as many goals  in our team or had much of a chance to be honest. By the end of January Wighton had 6 League One goals whereas Allan had 10 with Burrell and Wright level on 6. All 3 didn’t get much of a chance really, 16 league starts in total between the 3 of them whereas Oliver has had 25 with only 6 goals to his name. 

Edited by Van_damage

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

As long its its not Kinnear it has to be an improvement, last night was almost Leo Fasan level

I think he is absolutely stinking. He never seems to be at full stretch more flailing about or gets sat on his arse a lot of times with anything that comes near him. Hogarth was a more competent keeper, that said PJ must be wondering why he signed for us, he's had his injury woes but I'd be a bit pissed off if your the signed keeper and can't get a look in because McGlynn prefers a loan keeper(s) the latter of whom has been barely average at best. 

Edited by ebobsboy

I think the likes of Lawal and Burrell and Allan when asked “why so little game time?” don’t need to do much other than say “the manager was John McGlynn”.

His name is fast becoming a byword for “inept”.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think the likes of Lawal and Burrell and Allan when asked “why so little game time?” don’t need to do much other than say “the manager was John McGlynn”.

His name is fast becoming a byword for “inept”.

Whereas Nesbitt will probably say he's the best thing since sliced bread 💸📝

24 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I think he is absolutely stinking. He never seems to be at full stretch more flailing about or sat on his arse a lot of times with anything that comes near him. Hogarth was a more competent keeper, that said PJ must be wondering why he signed for us, he's had his injury woes but I'd be a bit pissed off if your the signed keeper and can't get a look in because McGlynn prefers a loan keeper(s) the latter of whom has been barely average at best. 

I know McGlynn said PJ had a bit of a dive in confidence and I get that and letting Kinnear get a shot but he is costing us too many goals he is gifting a goal a game last night if the first time I left a game so early I sacked it after 4, this is going to be unpopular with some folk and I get that the game is about opinions in the past 3 seasons of shite we have had a team to get excited about we went on a 13 game unbeaten run which given recent times for us is up there with getting a planetary alignment and winning the lottery, there have been games that have been a joy to watch especially Kennedys goal in the cup and McGuffies goal from his own half.

Last night has been up there with shittiest of shittiest results but I put it more down to players than manager I get the tactics were wrong but Nesbitt when back to his old self and don't even get me started on Williamson, big Coll as well is costing us.  Brad and Leon I thought were coping not too bad. Kinnear was too slow in getting the ball out again.  I genuinely believe in McGlynn and I really hope we keep McGinn but we really need to stop shitting the bed when it comes to big games its the Falkirk way we heap so much pressure on ourselves and we f**k it right up just once I would like to wake up the morning after an important game and have that warm and fuzzy feeling of we finally didn't bottle it.

Last night was a sore one mainly for the fact of the past few seasons of dross and shite we actually had a chance to get out this shitty league but the players cost us and the ones that let us down I hope to f**k McGinn let them know but they won't lose an iota of sleep over as they will never understand how much that meant to us  and how it changes nothing for them.

Adding into this teams sussed how to play against us we need a plan b to counter that and a plan c

Edited by AL-FFC

I don't think we'll sack McGlynn, unless as someone said we get trounced again on Saturday that may force the boards hand. 

He'll obviously already have the ball rolling on potential signings for next season we need far more quality and energy in. We made our first signing on the 26th of May last summer, Liam Henderson.

We better not sign Kinnear permanently as he's hopeless and McGlynn needs to find a way of fitting Jordan Allan into his starting line up which is worrying given his 4-2-3-1 love in.

Raging we've still got to put up with Brad Mckay for another year, he better just be a back up next season. I would also keep PJ Morrison but McGlynn clearly feels differently about that.

Goalkeepers

Defenders
Coll Donaldson
Brad Mckay
Sean Mackie
Leon Mccann

Midfielders
Stephen McGinn
Liam Henderson
Finn Yeats
Ola Lawal
Aidan Nesbitt
Calumn Morrison

Strikers
Jordan Allan
Gary Oliver

15 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Wighton got 16 which would do for me any day of the week. Anything above 15 and your getting close to one in every two games.

Allan got 12 this season, we just didn't bother giving him a run in the team.

Edited by FFC 1876

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Allan got 12 this season, we just didn't bother giving him a run in the team.

I think he was adjusting as to me he looked a bit overweight but the same time he's gone to full time football and also different style of play granted he's a poacher just needs a bit more confidence and game time to adjust but will get that pre season.

58 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Also, I can see a very lengthy break coming for myself soon enough. Other things in life to get my teeth into. I’ll always look out for the result come what may, but it’s definitely on my radar.

Yup, that was me that was. I started off just looking for score at 5 o’ clock but when it reached the stage I was watching Final Score or whatever it’s called on BBC Red Button from 3 every Saturday, I reckoned it was time to go back.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't think we'll sack McGlynn, unless as someone said we get trounced again on Saturday that may force the boards hand. 

He'll obviously already have the ball rolling on potential signings for next season we need far more quality and energy in. We made our first signing on the 26th of May last summer, Liam Henderson.

We better not sign Kinnear permanently as he's hopeless and McGlynn needs to find a way of fitting Jordan Allan into his starting line up which is worrying given his 4-2-3-1 love in.

Raging we've still got to put up with Brad Mckay for another year, he better just be a back up next season. I would also keep PJ Morrison but McGlynn clearly feels differently about that.

Goalkeepers

Defenders
Coll Donaldson
Brad Mckay
Sean Mackie
Leon Mccann

Midfielders
Stephen McGinn
Liam Henderson
Finn Yeats
Ola Lawal
Aidan Nesbitt
Calumn Morrison

Strikers
Jordan Allan
Gary Oliver

I thought Lawal was a year with a year option. Same with PJ. Even so if McGlynn is still in charge I'd expect both to be away. Donaldson is equally adept at selling the jerseys as McKay when he chooses so there's not much difference there. Mackie on the other hand I just don't know how he merited a three year contract, but probably for the same reason Nesbitt got a new one. Ie it's beyond any c**t's rationality bar McGlynn. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

I thought Lawal was a year with a year option. Same with PJ. Even so if McGlynn is still in charge I'd expect both to be away. Donaldson is equally adept at selling the jerseys as McKay when he chooses so there's not much difference there. Mackie on the other hand I just don't know how he merited a three year contract, but probably for the same reason Nesbitt got a new one. Ie it's beyond any c**t's rationality bar McGlynn. 

He did I'm just assuming we'll keep him on, we'd be daft not to.

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Goalkeepers

Defenders
Coll Donaldson
Brad Mckay
Sean Mackie
Leon Mccann

Midfielders
Stephen McGinn
Liam Henderson
Finn Yeats
Ola Lawal
Aidan Nesbitt
Calumn Morrison

Strikers
Jordan Allan
Gary Oliver

Find this really strange. He had a hot streak early in the season but he's not the standard of player that's going to get Falkirk anywhere, I said this when he signed and so did a few Clyde fans from what I remember. He's an okay finisher, and runs around a lot, but there's nothing else to his game. He's suited to playing in a poor side like Clyde where he has space to run into and can press and be a nuisance. Most of the time Falkirk face sides sitting deep where there's no space, in those circumstances he'll typically offer very little.

If you compare what he brings to guys like Paton, Gallagher and Wighton he's not on that level. If we're both still in League 1 next season I'd be delighted if you had him as your main striker.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

1 minute ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Find this really strange. He had a hot streak early in the season but he's not the standard of player that's going to get Falkirk anywhere, I said this when he signed and so did a few Clyde fans from what I remember. He's an okay finisher, and runs around a lot, but there's nothing else to his game. He's suited to playing in a poor side like Clyde where he has space to run into and can press and be a nuisance. Most of the time Falkirk face sides sitting deep where there's no space, in those circumstances he'll typically offer very little.

If you compare what he brings to guys Paton, Gallagher and Wighton he's not on that level. If we're both still in League 1 next season I'd be delighted if you had him as your main striker.

He scored 10 goals for Clyde in half a season he's more than capable of being a starter in this league. Definitely not as a lone striker but up there with a partner he'd be an asset.