The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Of the names that have been banded about so far Maybury & Kerr would be my choice but even then they signed Scott Mercer in January...

I mentioned Maybury before we appointed McGlynn, but he's fresh to the manager scene. He's done pretty well at Edinburgh considering.

Agreed on the signing of Mercer, but I doubt Edinburgh had the pick of the bunch with players this season.

9 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The best shout I think I’ve heard so far is Mayberry with Kerr as assistant.

Agreed, but if this were to somehow materialise, I reckon it'll divide our fanbase due to the experience issue. 

But what's the point in appointing an experienced manager who is stubborn and tactically inept.

12 hours ago, Rennieball said:

For fucks sake. Lefty snp voters 😂

Yes, lefty SNP voters - non Business individuals (unless they are Kate Forbes supporters of course).

The best Businessmen are ruthless right voters, Tories.

The majority of supporters at Falkirk appear to fall, sadly into the category of wokeness.

Businessmen are hard working individuals who have made their own way with their own thoughts and ideas.  Those who are employed are followers of the institution they work for.  Those who are unemployed are like blunt pencils (pointless).

John McGlynn is the best manager we've had in the last 10 years

3 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Yes, lefty SNP voters - non Business individuals (unless they are Kate Forbes supporters of course).

The majority of supporters at Falkirk appear to fall, sadly into the category of wokeness.

Businessmen are hard working individuals who have made their own way with their own thoughts and ideas.  Those who are employed are followers of the institution they work for.  Those who are unemployed are like blunt pencils (pointless).

What have you been smoking mate?

9 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

What an awful and irrelevant post.

10 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Thatcher has entered the chat

14 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

😂 What Have I just read

I’m very much in the camp of not getting rid of him, although I wouldn’t be gutted if he went. Every single person on this forum agreed that his signings, bar probably Wright improved us. You could now add Kinnear into that bracket. He said last summer we need more street wise players with a bit of dig and steel. He’s signed Nesbitt again, however he clearly rates him (as does his peers going by the team of the season). He knows where we need to Strengthen and I think he’ll do that again in the summer. I hope to see a fair few leave in the summer ie loan players bar Kennedy, McKay, McGuffie, Hetherington etc. Tuesday was a disgrace and I fully admit he should have changed shape when we went 3-0 down, however at least half of the goals came from players individual mistakes that no manager can compensate from. Give him until October/November and see where we are, because at worst case scenario , I don’t think we’d be far off play offs by then anyway.

5 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

The worst thing about our shambolic last two games is that it's brought a new class of shitty trolls to the thread. 

Look forward to the summer.

A quick check says that poster has been around for a while and even knows Bairnardo. 

He's eh, went a bit wild there. 

Just now, SouthStander1876 said:

😂 What Have I just read

The thing is, most of our supporters appear to have an idea about who / what we should appoint.  I remember shouts to get Yogi out when we were mid table in the Premier.  Then after a couple of seasons against Hibs, Rangers, Hearts in the Championship Houston was next for the crock.

A few bad appointments, and after a bad game against Airdrie, McGlynn is next for the shouting.  The trolls are those fools who have never run a company in their life, and would ultimately fail should they ever grew the balls to do so.  They are weak followers waving the Saltire as if they are real Scottish folk who will ultimately keyboard bully anyone who disagrees with them

Let's be honest, they are thick.

Businesses go through good and bad spells.  McGlynn in my eyes is the right man for the job.  these clowns, who, mostly don't even go to the games are on here spouting!

My point is good businesses are run by good business like minded people, and those people mostly vote the Tories - simple

2 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

The thing is, most of our supporters appear to have an idea about who / what we should appoint.  I remember shouts to get Yogi out when we were mid table in the Premier.  Then after a couple of seasons against Hibs, Rangers, Hearts in the Championship Houston was next for the crock.

A few bad appointments, and after a bad game against Airdrie, McGlynn is next for the shouting.  The trolls are those fools who have never run a company in their life, and would ultimately fail should they ever grew the balls to do so.  They are weak followers waving the Saltire as if they are real Scottish folk who will ultimately keyboard bully anyone who disagrees with them

Businesses go through good and bad spells.  McGlynn in my eyes is the right man for the job.  these clowns, who, mostly don't even go to the games are on here spouting!

My point is good businesses are run by good business like minded people, and those people mostly vote the Tories - simple

Not really getting involved with the whole politics side of things, but I agree with the points made about the current and previous managers.

4 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Not sure what this has to do with having an extremely stubborn manager who refuses to change things until 5-0 down at half time

29 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

dickhead-hello.gif

19 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Every single person on this forum agreed that his signings, bar probably Wright improved us. You could now add Kinnear into that bracket. He said last summer we need more street wise players with a bit of dig and steel.

His signings have improved us if you use last season and last season alone as your metric, which many fans seem to think is the only barometer of success. His signings haven’t improved us anywhere near enough.

He said we need to sign more streetwise players - he’s been backed and has brought in how many of his own players over the course of this season? How many of them would you describe as fitting that description?

19 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

He said last summer we need more street wise players with a bit of dig and steel. He’s signed Nesbitt again

Spot the glaring oxymoron here.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

32 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Eric Morecambe GIF - Eric Morecambe Frustrated GIFs

23 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

I can't be arsed with discussing politics on this thread, but there wouldn't be a Falkirk FC without the supporters pouring their hard earned cash into the club every season. Calling the majority of our fans thick lefties when they're the ones propping this club up season after season is wrong.