The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bairnschild said:

Yes, lefty SNP voters - non Business individuals (unless they are Kate Forbes supporters of course).

The best Businessmen are ruthless right voters, Tories.

The majority of supporters at Falkirk appear to fall, sadly into the category of wokeness.

Businessmen are hard working individuals who have made their own way with their own thoughts and ideas.  Those who are employed are followers of the institution they work for.  Those who are unemployed are like blunt pencils (pointless).

John McGlynn is the best manager we've had in the last 10 years

Is this a pretend poster?

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is this a pretend poster?

It's some weirdo troll account who has been kicking about for a while. The weirdness directed at me in subsequent posts started a few years back when they said something about my workplace (which they got completely wrong) and IIRC made an offer to discuss points I'd made on here face to face 🤣

Ruel St.... Maws in attendance presumably. 

Ignore. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's some weirdo troll account who has been kicking about for a while. The weirdness directed at me in subsequent posts started a few years back when they said something about my workplace (which they got completely wrong) and IIRC made an offer to discuss points I'd made on here face to face 🤣

Ruel St.... Maws in attendance presumably. 

Ignore. 

He's doing a very fine Arthur Birling parody thing.

Perhaps a little unsubtle, but he captures him well.

The view I am trying to take going into Saturday is that I’ll either witness one of the best comebacks ever in front of my own eyes, or I’ll reach new personal levels of apoplectic rage at a football match.

It’s quite exciting, to be honest.

16 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The view I am trying to take going into Saturday is that I’ll either witness one of the best comebacks ever in front of my own eyes, or I’ll reach new personal levels of apoplectic rage at a football match.

It’s quite exciting, to be honest.

It would the the greatest comeback in football history, but there's no way my rage will beat Tueaday nights. I was just absolutely gone. A ranting, raving bam. 

If we were to go another 3 goals down on Saturday I would simply get up and walk out, rather than staying specifically until I felt my personal abuse quota had been loudly and angrily met

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It would the the greatest comeback in football history, but there's no way my rage will beat Tueaday nights. I was just absolutely gone. A ranting, raving bam. 

If we were to go another 3 goals down on Saturday I would simply get up and walk out, rather than staying specifically until I felt my personal abuse quota had been loudly and angrily met

I may have taken my rage out on the stewards...

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

For you he has failed but it will obviously depend on what targets the board set him. If it was progress and minimum play offs this season (going up or not) then they will see that he has progressed. 

I would expect every single Director of Falkirk to have targeted promotion either as winners or through the playoffs. Sorry but if the BOD are happy to set a target of only reaching the playoffs, serious questions must be asked. 
A fifth season in this shitehole, and the BOD are setting targets other than promotion? I sincerely hope not. Second biggest budget by a country mile should have been enough to get up, but no, we’ve shat every big game and shat a semi cup final. A Humiliating defeat by Airdrie followed by a car crash interview when he didn’t do the right in taking responsibility for the appalling display finished it for me, sorry he has to go. As I’ve mentioned four season tickets under review if this clown is still in charge.

56 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

At first, I thought someone had hacked your account.

This isn’t about two critical games. We have been on a downward slide for at least a couple of months. I don’t get that bringing in a new manager with a full pre-season ahead of him makes it difficult. I don’t think we should be painting a picture that the close season is a bad time to bring in a new manager……it’s the best time……it always has been the best time.

That McGlynn may or may not have targeted players and friendlies for next season really isn’t any sort of realistic argument for keeping the man. That just reads as miles away from what would constitute your normal viewpoint on such matters.

I just really can’t get this argument that the close season would make it difficult for a new manager so let’s stick with McGlynn.

There is for me, an increasing sense that there is going to be a bit of a “Stick with John” charm offensive from here on in.

It’s increasingly likely (to me) that even if we get beat again on Saturday that McGlynn will still be in post next season trying to achieve what he has never achieved…….win L1 or triumph in a play offs. Unless the BoD back him financially to absolutely blow the competition out of the water, he will fail yet again……there is no evidence to feel confident that he will get us promoted.

Like I say, the only opinions that matter here are those of the BoD. I think the decision to keep him has already been made, and if so, then the BoD are confident that he is still their man. That has to be the reason for keeping him……and not because it would be difficult for a new manager because McGlynn has organised friendlies for next season, and has identified players he wants.

Looking across the season (as you have done), all I see is the usual McGlynn traits of a few nice wins, a few horrendous defeats, no title challenge, and a mid season fall off in results…..just a very typical McGlynn season.

Will keeping him see a revenue fall off? Almost certainly. No doubt the BoD will have carried out (if only on a fag packet) some sort balance of probability on the outcome of keeping him, and what sort of messaging they hope can land positively with the bulk of the support.

I doubt that there will be torches and pitchforks outside the main stand if he us kept on. There will be some sort of price to pay either via ST uptake, FSS numbers, and attendances. It may well be evident in the challenges that the 2Gs experience in raising commercial revenue.

If the BoD believe in him, then that is pretty much that, but the justification for keeping him cannot be because it’s difficult for a new manager coming in, or because pre-season friendly dates have been organised, or because he has had talks with players/agents. That would sit very badly with the support.

Fair enough. What will be will be. As you say the only ones who know what will happen will be the Board. They will know what targets he was set, what the expectations were and how he has performed against that. 
I think we should keep him on for the valid reasons I have stated. You disagree so be it. I personally think lots of fans are where I am (certainly a group of 20 in our messenger group are, and no one in that group is saying he should go).

3 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I may have taken my rage out on the stewards...

Hahaha I wonder you're the bloke I seen carrying on a fall out with the female steward who normally works at TFS on his way back up to his seat...... if so, your rage was about on a par with mine, in terms of projecting it outwards 🤣

Although our team, and at one point Aidan Nesbit were my primary targets 

Just now, Springfield said:

I would expect every single Director of Falkirk to have targeted promotion either as winners or through the playoffs. Sorry but if the BOD are happy to set a target of only reaching the playoffs, serious questions must be asked. 
A fifth season in this shitehole, and the BOD are setting targets other than promotion? I sincerely hope not. Second biggest budget by a country mile should have been enough to get up, but no, we’ve shat every big game and shat a semi cup final. A Humiliating defeat by Airdrie followed by a car crash interview when he didn’t do the right in taking responsibility for the appalling display finished it for me, sorry he has to go. As I’ve mentioned four season tickets under review if this clown is still in charge.

Read what I said. I said IF. 
Your ST stance is utterly contradictory IMO based on you buying four the season Sheerin was appointed. That was when people should have, IMO, kept their hands in their pockets. The following four months proved that

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I personally think lots of fans are where I am (certainly a group of 20 in our messenger group are, and no one in that group is saying he should go).

So, the board then? :P

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hahaha I wonder you're the bloke I seen carrying on a fall out with the female steward who normally works at TFS on his way back up to his seat...... if so, your rage was about on a par with mine, in terms of projecting it outwards 🤣

Wasn't me fortunately but I did see said incident. Stewards and police were a disgrace tbf

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The supervisor? She's the epitome of incompetence. 

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Just popping in to gauge the mood. I watched the goals from the Airdrie game and it seemed like the cavalry charge approach works against Falkirk. Can no one in your team break play up?

The knee-jerk move would be to sack McGlynn after he fails to win promotion, but he is decent enough at putting a team together that can get promoted. It just takes him a while. 

He has only ever won L2, and that was 14 years ago!!!!!