The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Sub Parr said:

Yup, that was me that was. I started off just looking for score at 5 o’ clock but when it reached the stage I was watching Final Score or whatever it’s called on BBC Red Button from 3 every Saturday, I reckoned it was time to go back.

I did a have a 2 year spell like that just before Houston, where I went to about 2-3 games only (later era of Pressley and Holt) but then Houston got things going again and I was back when I was able to go.

9 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Find this really strange. He had a hot streak early in the season but he's not the standard of player that's going to get Falkirk anywhere, I said this when he signed and so did a few Clyde fans from what I remember. He's an okay finisher, and runs around a lot, but there's nothing else to his game. He's suited to playing in a poor side like Clyde where he has space to run into and can press and be a nuisance. Most of the time Falkirk face sides sitting deep where there's no space, in those circumstances he'll typically offer very little.

If you compare what he brings to guys like Paton, Gallagher and Wighton he's not on that level. If we're both still in League 1 next season I'd be delighted if you had him as your main striker.

Not sure how good a signing he will prove to be but he had more goals in League One than Gallagher and Wighton when we signed him and just 2 less than Paton for a struggling Clyde team. 

Edited by Van_damage

I’m not for one minute saying we should keep McGlynn in fact I would firmly be in the punt him camp after recent displays. I just wonder if we have the dosh to get rid, bring in another new management team and do a complete overhaul of the squad again.

12 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are at the moment and I’ve said several times you are a far better team than us however you walked away and let 2 clubs die - that fact will never change.

The folk thst walked away were perfectly within thier rights to. Going into administration and just stealing the licence of another club. If I was an Airdrie fan at that time I wouldn't have set foot back in the place. 

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m not for one minute saying we should keep McGlynn in fact I would firmly be in the punt him camp after recent displays. I just wonder if we have the dosh to get rid, bring in another new management team and do a complete overhaul of the squad again.

Looking at the 12 players we'll possibly have signed up for next season that I posted earlier the new manager would at least be better off than McGlynn was last summer but any money we use to pay off McGlynn would just come straight out the budget for next season I'd imagine.

I can only assume a number of the people saying we should “give him more time” to “build his own squad” weren’t there last night. I’d almost argue that getting it so drastically wrong in your biggest game of the season - only to stand with you hands on your hips as the goals fly in and not change a single thing until half time - is a sackable offence in itself. I’ve seen nothing which gives me any kind of confidence he has what it takes to build a squad to get us out this league. The only reason he should be kept on is if we perform some kind of miracle on Saturday.

Has he improved us? Yes. Has he improved us enough, given the backing he’s been given and the number of players he’s brought in? No.

13 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

The folk thst walked away were perfectly within thier rights to. Going into administration and just stealing the licence of another club. If I was an Airdrie fan at that time I wouldn't have set foot back in the place. 

13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

My big reason for grinning and bearing him for another season. After a solid enough second place, it’s not unfeasible to be there or thereabouts next season. Then part ways.

It should be remembered that the Airdrie attacking display on show last night (with a great deal of help from us mind you) is pretty rare in L1.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

Thinking ahead to next season, if you guys are in the market for some proven goalscorers, Berwick have a promising young striker who had a greater than 1-in-2 goalscoring ratio this term, and his former hunting partner just won League Two. Could do far worse IMO.

As well as that, we've got a big lad up front who's scored a few this year - not sure if we're keeping him yet, so maybe worth putting an enquiry in.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Genuine question:

Reading on here people moaning about wild takes, happy clappers and misplaced loyalty, can Falkirk's relatively large crowds be regarded as, it not a curse, at least a double edged sword?

The crowds should be a huge boost, not least in financial terms, but it's not working that way.  Are they part of the problem in any attempts to change direction?

I cannot disagree with you.

Think where we were last and the previous year. Failed to make playoffs with soft good guy managers. This year, we make it to Hampden,  play offs, so a vast improvement with same players and a few additions.  The numpties love a moan. Too many lefty SNP voters. Get behind the team, we will overturn this deficit. Positive approach, not a negative hostile atmosphere

3 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

I cannot disagree with you.

Think where we were last and the previous year. Failed to make playoffs with soft good guy managers. This year, we make it to Hampden,  play offs, so a vast improvement with same players and a few additions.  The numpties love a moan. Too many lefty SNP voters. Get behind the team, we will overturn this deficit. Positive approach, not a negative hostile atmosphere

For fucks sake. Lefty snp voters 😂

33 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Does genuine fans think we keep the silly Auld fart? Just a question ?

I wouldn't but I don't think he'll walk he's very stubborn you only need to look at his team selections for that. I also don't think we have the finance to pay him off. I don't trust him to make us any better, but the hierarchy really need to evaluate things come close of play on Saturday, he's their man I think they will give him the other year but for me it's folly. And it could turn very toxic very quickly if he's still at the helm. He'll have got a taste of that last night and he will know like many before him how it ends

If he stays, then we will sleepwalk into another clusterfuck of a season. Lots of people saying it will be a weaker league next season. I don’t think it will ever be weak enough for McGlynn to win it outright.

Dunfermline will be re-imagined as Hamilton or Airdrie or QotS or Cove. Keeping him will result in failure…..of that I have no doubt.

It’s down to the BoD, and for now, theirs is the only opinion that matters, and I am sure they are all big enough lads who will stand or fall by their collective decision. They will be well enough aware of the potential implications of keeping him.

I don’t see last night’s total abdication being forgotten while the manager remains at the club. On a single game basis, it’s easily in the bottom six of the past 40 years…..and it was in L1. For many, it will be the worst they have ever seen.

4 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

Then they will be definitely 2 ST down for next season.

Keep Hamilton 

2 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

For fucks sake. Lefty snp voters 😂

That’s what made you laugh and not the sentence after?

I could see us getting a few on Saturday but……you know the rest.