The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

A horrendous take. Someone's getting a little carried away with finally winning a playoff game

I think you might be right @Skyline Driftergoing up after 10 years has made me picture the current Airdrie team like prime Brazil in my head so probably not best placed to judge

Guest Ecosse83

Anyone know when the new strips are out? Going on holiday at the end of June and the wee fella wants to be kitted out for it! 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I reckon Bairnardo, if I were to accuse Falkirk fans of doing something horrendously vile, that didn't match the experience that you, or anyone you knew had, you wouldn't simply accept my word as gospel. We're just going over old ground with that though. 

Remember when they definitely saw Joe Cardle "spitting at children"......

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Yep, still never heard a Pars fan sing that, still never been a post on a match thread saying anyone had heard it either. 

Your fans have made a f*cking twitter page using his name and posting disgusting stuff. 

and aye yous do sing about him. you Choose not to hear it. 

I never felt cove or queens park were anything special. Better than us but then so were most of the teams that season. Main advantage was having boys up top that could score you 15 plus goals a season down here. No surprise queen's bottled it after moving on Murray and cove struggled as megginson found the step up to championship too much.

57 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I never felt cove or queens park were anything special. Better than us but then so were most of the teams that season. Main advantage was having boys up top that could score you 15 plus goals a season down here. No surprise queen's bottled it after moving on Murray and cove struggled as megginson found the step up to championship too much.

By any objective measure Cove were obviously the best team, but I never felt that was due to particularly good coaching or having a style of play. They won because they had a solid group of experienced players who, for the most part, were very good players for that level - Fyvie, Megginson, Logan, Vigurs, Milne and a solid back line. They also had depth in their squad that no-one else had with guys like McAllister and MacIntosh coming off the bench in most games. They seemed to score a lot of late goals with contributions from the bench.

To a large extent they were flat track bullies so I wasn't surprised at all to see them struggle this year up a level with Milne leaving and as you say Megginson, and a few others, showing that they are good League 1 players but not Championship quality. I guess the lesson is that good recruitment covers all manner of sins. Equally, you can be the best coach in the world but if you recruit like Falkirk have in recent seasons you can forget it.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We're signing Ross MacIver on a 2 year deal and Raith have just signed Jack Hamilton. Shows the difference being in the championship can make on the transfer front.

Can’t argue, but if there was a bit more thought on how we can attract guys like Hamilton, perhaps giving two year deals to the likes of Nesbitt, when we use our cash “better spent”

14 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Zero chance Hamilton was coming to league one when championship sides are offering him 3 year deals.

Ultimately, it’s not the length of deals that is the real issue, it’s the constant repetition of handing them out to players who are nowhere near good enough to warrant them…….and is it done yet????…..the Nesbitt experience says a very loud “no”.

Recruitment seems to have endlessly ended up with the club painting itself into a corner.

5 hours ago, moses1924 said:

The problem with this is that they would not have strengthened either Airdrie or Dunfermline this year or the two teams that went up last up last year in Cove and QP, if Falkrik want out this league that's the benchmark

I’ll keep this brief - Yes they would’ve.

Thanks all the same 👍🏻

On 22/05/2023 at 10:19, Gringo said:

Had a chat with McGlynn at the recent Awards night at the Inchyra where he was a bit alone as I think folks didn’t like to go and speak to him. Anyway, he’s very amenable and happy to chat although I didn’t like  to get into tactics, formations, etc. He did say he was working hard on next season (this was pre the Airdrie disaster) but obviously no details. On a personal level, if we somehow reached the Cup Final, he’d need to rearrange his holidays and Mrs McG wouldn’t be too happy!

I was sat at a table with Henderson and Donaldson and it was obvious that they held the Manager in the highest regard and Donaldson actually said that he would be happy to follow McGlynn wherever his managerial career took him.

The mood music with all the players was similar in that they seemed quite a united bunch.

Dont know that this tells us much other than they seem to reckon he’s a top man.

Maybe that’s changed now, of course?

Did he happen to say when he'd be back from his jollies?

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We're signing Ross MacIver on a 2 year deal and Raith have just signed Jack Hamilton. Shows the difference being in the championship can make on the transfer front.

And not being a basket case.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Are the Kelty money launderers not involved there now? That might also help

Seeing the worst facets of the multi club aspect here, where Grant and yer da_no_1 are openly calling folk they have never met liars, cos they support the same team as some total wankers, or support the same team a w****r played for years ago. 

A minter for both posters. 

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Are the Kelty money launderers not involved there now? That might also help

I think they have moved on to Raith.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Seeing the worst facets of the multi club aspect here, where Grant and yer da_no_1 are openly calling folk they have never met liars, cos they support the same team as some total wankers, or support the same team a w****r played for years ago. 

A minter for both posters. 

It's not that at all, carry on though.