The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Partick can only get to 9 points and United can only reach 6 so a point (or two£  off United and a win v Peterhead would be enough. Not sure what happens if both teams finish on same points right enough.

Its the spfl so will be you automatically miss out if your named Falkirk.

13 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Partick can only get to 9 points and United can only reach 6 so a point (or two£  off United and a win v Peterhead would be enough. Not sure what happens if both teams finish on same points right enough.

It's the usual thing, GD then GS etc.

54 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

It’s all about opinions Chungus 👍🏻

Totally agree bud, this forum is at its best when people are exchanging opinions in a mature way. I’ll echo what yourself, Harry and Shodwell have said, I do agree that there will be games this season where McGinn and Spencer will run the show and other games when it won’t be enough break teams down. I suppose we will just have to hope and pray that Mcglynn will change things up. However, without trying to sound too negative, after a season in charge and hearing what Raith fans have said I don’t hold too much hope that he will make the necessary changes. 

Edited by Big chungus

In the company of a couple of PT fans. Thought that the first thirty so minutes was as good as I’ve seen for the past three seasons. Should have been at least a couple of goals clear and thought our formation was really good. Today McGinn & Spencer worked well, albeit to the fury of my host that felt that the PT midfield we’re far to static. PT were always going to get their share but we coped well. My mates view - if we play anything near the tempo we played we today, we’ve got absolutely every chance of winning the league. (After a few sherries )

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Well done Falkirk by far the better team including when you were reduced to 10 men.

should really have won game in 90 minutes bar a wonder strike at the end

All the best for the league 

You too buddy, I’ve got a mate in Grangemouth who is a Thistle fan, his late Dad who was Thistle daft ran our football team when we were kids and had us in Thistle strips, he was a fucking legend of a guy. Always had a soft spot for the jags and their fans, canae be easy having both the arse cheeks on your doorstep, all the best.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Feel bad for Mackie but got to be honest and say I prefer Leon.

Tbh it’s clear that McGlynn was giving Mackie a fair chance as the preferred LB, thought today he started really well and mate thought he also looked good. Just wonder how much the change of new pitch and them onto grass impacts injury. We seem to already have a few 

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Tbh it’s clear that McGlynn was giving Mackie a fair chance as the preferred LB, thought today he started really well and mate thought he also looked good. Just wonder how much the change of new pitch and them onto grass impacts injury. We seem to already have a few 

I agree pal the injury situation is a bit of a worry, we seem to have a lot out before a ball is really kicked in anger.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

What I saw of the stream today the Falkirk fans certainly made a lot of noise. Take it the Ultra lads were out in force, without wanting to start a war, has the drum been introduced yet.

Just under 500 of us today but definitely a happy bunch. By far the better team for the bulk of the match but our inability to clear our lines and our determination to play pass out from the back definitely cost us today.

Also, why can’t some of our players understand that when you are down to 10 men, hold onto the ball for as long as you can. We kept giving away cheap balls and eventually it caught up with us.

Despite these negative thoughts I have to say, having been at both games, today was night and day compared to Spartans.

We will need at least 2 points from Dundee U to realistically qualify. Won’t be easy…

Edited by roman_bairn

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Henderson returned with an injury, as per McGlynn in an FFCTV interview. NIsbett pulled up at the end of the beep test which was held on the community pitch. Mackie was injured on a grass pitch. I can't remember what the issue is with Hogarth but given that goalies don't do much running compared to outfield players, I doubt the surface had anything to do with it. 

I'd guess bad luck is more to blame than anything to do with the new pitch. 

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Just like to quote this with a f**k you to everyone who wrote the boy off before he’d even kicked a ball for us. 

If you include friendlies he has four goals in the last four games. That's a promising return for someone who apparently has such terrible stats as a goalscorer that we shouldn't have signed him. 

Alfie take a bow, rode about 3 or 4 tackles before finding top bin, possible goal of the season contender. Can’t mind the last powerful forward we had like him. No failures really, except Long was ropey with his slack pass, cost a goal and a red card. The lad seems to come for every ball, sometimes when he doesn’t need to. Redeemed slightly with his pen saves for the bonus point. MacIver continueing his knack of being at the right place at right time and starting a decent goal return. Other than the goalie errors, the defence looks far more solid in the main, thanks to Lang - the man’s a unit.

Destiny in our own hands with two games at TFS. Can see Oliver dropping deep alongside McGinn on tuesday, with Lawal playing in front. Means Yeats can continue at RB. Maybe some rotation required and get Miller and Allan more game time. Famous last words but we should have enough in the tank to make last 16 and £50K(?) in the bank.

16 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If you include friendlies he has four goals in the last four games. That's a promising return for someone who apparently has such terrible stats as a goalscorer that we shouldn't have signed him. 

Correct that stat was not lost on me as that’s 4 in 4 for MacIver. It’s likely the shift to full time training is really benefitting him and the likes of Alfie, by leaps and bounds. 🔥👏🏻