The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I am a carer for my disabled partner so rarely get out of the house.  A charity in Edinburgh who are for carers asked me if they could do anything for me so I could have some respite and get me out of the house sometimes.  I couldn't think of anything I wanted to go to, then I mentioned I've not been to see my beloved Falkirk in a couple of seasons.  They are only going to pay for a season ticket for me as I couldn't afford it otherwise.  Yippee.  They said at least that would make me happy every week or two.  I said they obviously don't know about Falkirk then  :)  

Excited to get out of the house and back to following the Bairns in the flesh, rather than the highlights. Brilliant !!!

Great news and so pleased for you. 

So many people do the right compassionate and humane things unseen because it the right thing to do.

Reminds me a guy that sat a few seats back from me in the Stand at Brockville late 70's to mid 80's. Came with a couple of visually impaired / blind people. His use of language, tone of voice in the build up, the game and was sublime. His commentary would put many on radio and TV to shame.

I know he was deeply respected by all in earshot of him not only for what he did but the way he did it. Anybody else from that era remember him?

Respect

55 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

The main site? (falkirkfc.co.uk)

Link from the ticketing site appears to be working for KM stand: https://ticket.falkirkfc.co.uk/packages/LZEmOKzmpW/e/Rpgn3Zga3q#basket_popup

Hi.  The whole of the Kevin McAlister stand is greyed out, when you dick on it, the message is contact the club shop.  I'll keep trying

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I am a carer for my disabled partner so rarely get out of the house.  A charity in Edinburgh who are for carers asked me if they could do anything for me so I could have some respite and get me out of the house sometimes.  I couldn't think of anything I wanted to go to, then I mentioned I've not been to see my beloved Falkirk in a couple of seasons.  They are only going to pay for a season ticket for me as I couldn't afford it otherwise.  Yippee.  They said at least that would make me happy every week or two.  I said they obviously don't know about Falkirk then  :)  

Excited to get out of the house and back to following the Bairns in the flesh, rather than the highlights. Brilliant !!!

That's brilliant- a rare good news story on here.

8 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Hi.  The whole of the Kevin McAlister stand is greyed out, when you dick on it, the message is contact the club shop.  I'll keep trying

It's unallocated seating so you can't choose a seat.

Instead choose "Kevin McAllister" button at the top -> Kevin McAllister Stand -> Show Bundles and all the season ticket options are shown.

10 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's unallocated seating so you can't choose a seat.

Instead choose "Kevin McAllister" button at the top -> Kevin McAllister Stand -> Show Bundles and all the season ticket options are shown.

Many thanks for this, didn't see that option.  Bought and paid for.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Many thanks for this, didn't see that option.  Bought and paid for.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope we have a good season for many reasons, but especially hope you get to see lots of wins and goals.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Another fantastic Story of the Matchday video from Luke McGuire.

Am I imagining things or does a thistle defender blatantly palm the ball off the line from a McIver header at around the 1.53 mark? Was a foul given for something else at this point? 

I think I was struggling to get into FTV at this point so missed the first half.

3 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Am I imagining things or does a thistle defender blatantly palm the ball off the line from a McIver header at around the 1.53 mark? Was a foul given for something else at this point? 

I think I was struggling to get into FTV at this point so missed the first half.

Aye, a foul was given just before it.

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

🙌

48 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I saw that on the FFC TV highlights and it was clear. I think the ref had blown up for a foul before it happened so it wouldn’t have been given anyway.

13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I saw that on the FFC TV highlights and it was clear. I think the ref had blown up for a foul before it happened so it wouldn’t have been given anyway.

Aye Luke McGuire's video gives a good angle of it, looks like Lang polaxes their keeper just before it which is why the ref gave the foul.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

They do have a competent operator though. For several years now the filming has been done by the media officer who also produces the highlights. Luke McGuire occasionally helps out, and he's at Uni studying film-making. He did the Spartans filming. I haven't seen the CVs of the other volunteers, but having met them I think one is a retired cameraman, at least to judge by his age, and the other is a young woman who I assume is at Uni. Given that she filmed the Arbroath game and there were no complaints it's probably reasonable to describe them all as competent. 

I can't think of any occasion in recent years where someone new and unskilled was given the task of filming for Falkirk TV. 

I’m only going by what was said. It’s the one area where you do rely on someone good as it’s not that easy to maintain concentration over time and people are paying for that service. I’ve never seen anything wrong from the highlights but again if competent then it would be worth paying to secure their services for future matches so they can keep consistent quality. 

The few games I watched last season I had no complaints about. The Peterhead game where McGuffie scored his wonder goal for instance, that was filmed by Adam, was really well covered.