The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Is it Saturday yet? Looking forward to the away day. 

Wasn't there on Saturday and have heard that the first half was throwing up some very similar issues we seen time and time again last season but still with that in mind I'm reasonably confident for Saturday. Their managers a diddy and their squads full of the usual guff we see from Hartley.

Fingers crossed for another stop off in Stonehaven before the game also.

27 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Wasn't there on Saturday and have heard that the first half was throwing up some very similar issues we seen time and time again last season but still with that in mind I'm reasonably confident for Saturday. Their managers a diddy and their squads full of the usual guff we see from Hartley.

Fingers crossed for another stop off in Stonehaven before the game also.

I thought we played alright the first half considering Annan were literally time wasting after 5 minutes and had 10 men in their own half. We just need to get used to teams trying to frustrate us this way.

People forget that playing a low block and trying to counter from deep all game is knackering, especially when you're up against an attacking team like Falkirk. The second half showed that and we absolutely demolished them. 

38 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Provided we actually move the ball about quickly aye

That’s the key. If you move the ball around pretty slowly it’s dead easy to defend with 10 men. 

With Spencer in the middle, I think there is a little more intent to get the ball moving forward quicker than when McGinn plays. On Saturday there was one peach of a first time pass that split their defence wide open. 

Think Saturday will be a different a different ball game. Can’t see them putting 10 men behind the ball.

Edited by Zbairn

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So, the issue of new shares requires the agreement of 75% of those who hold existing shares (an example of the 25%+1 at work). Of course, the new share issue then dilutes everyone’s shareholding, so to protect the FSS, 25% of the new share issue would have to be ringfenced for the FSS to purchase over time thus protecting the 25%+1 status……the “keeping the wolves from the door” number.

Of course, all of this ends up with shares issued which extend way beyond the value of the club, but I guess that can be a good thing too, as it makes it less and less likely that anyone would rock up with £1.5mm in order to buy less than 50% of FFC.

Even if the Rawlins re-appeared and wanted to exercise their option (if it still exists) to acquire 45% of the club, they certainly couldn’t do it for the £325k they put in last time.

Would cost the Rawlins  £1,366,262 to take up their 45% option(if it still exists) as the club would have to issue 2,752,524 shares at the price of 50p each. 

I’d prefer to not have them in any sort of control of the club though, if their last tenure is anything to go by. 

Edited by Van_damage

11 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

Think there were a few tbf. Disbanding the MSG, facilitating the creation of the FSS, restarting the youth development programme and bringing in the largest single investment in the club’s history.  There’s a few to get you started…

The Rawlins deal went well.  Still waiting for their increased investment they talked about before they disappeared like snow off a dyje .Bairns chairman Gary Deans said he and the board believe the couple “bring enormous expertise and connections which will benefit the club”. Still waiting on those too it would appear. The investment pales into significance when compared to the money the bod  burned through leaving the club completely potless. But yeah that's a real moment and a half.

Edited by Shodwall cat

35 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Marino keith

Nonsense, Marino Keith's stats are perfectly respectable.

Marino Keith
Personal information
Full name Marino Keith[1]
Date of birth 16 December 1974 (age 48)[1]
Place of birth Peterhead, Scotland
Height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)[2]
Position(s) Forward[1]
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1991–1995 Fraserburgh    
1995–1997 Dundee United 4 (0)
1997–1999 Falkirk 71 (28)
1999–2001 Livingston 21 (7)
2001–2005 Plymouth Argyle 117 (30)
2005–2007 Colchester United 12 (4)
2007–2008 Peterhead 2 (0)
Total   227 (69

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Nonsense, Marino Keith's stats are perfectly respectable.

Marino Keith
Personal information
Full name Marino Keith[1]
Date of birth 16 December 1974 (age 48)[1]
Place of birth Peterhead, Scotland
Height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)[2]
Position(s) Forward[1]
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1991–1995 Fraserburgh    
1995–1997 Dundee United 4 (0)
1997–1999 Falkirk 71 (28)
1999–2001 Livingston 21 (7)
2001–2005 Plymouth Argyle 117 (30)
2005–2007 Colchester United 12 (4)
2007–2008 Peterhead 2 (0)
Total   227 (69

I agree Marino Keith was most definitely a decent player and should never be mentioned in the same thread as some of the shite being mentioned here.

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Loved Marino Keith, was a decent player. His injury at Morton was one of the worst things I’ve seen at a football match.

Remember it well, thought he was a goner at the time. I also think that the Morton player did it on purpose. Collins I think?

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Remember it well, thought he was a goner at the time. I also think that the Morton player did it on purpose. Collins I think?

I can mind my pals Mum and Aunt who were quite elderly but followed Falkirk home and away for years being in tears, it was sickening😩

4 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

What was the injury?

I’m sure he ended up fracturing his skull, he went up for a ball with the defender who if I mind correctly done him with an elbow. He was out before he hit the deck and his body went into spasm, the players round about him knew it was serious right away and waved for physios/doctors to come into the pitch. He was getting treatment for what seemed like an eternity.

In those days the away fans were in the covered area to the left of the open terracing we get now and it happened right in front of us. Like Shagger said above I thought he was dead as did most of the Bairns fans, was horrific to witness it.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m sure he ended up fracturing his skull, he went up for a ball with the defender who if I mind correctly done him with an elbow. He was out before he hit the deck and his body went into spasm, the players round about him knew it was serious right away and waved for physios/doctors to come into the pitch. He was getting treatment for what seemed like an eternity.

In those days the away fans were in the covered area to the left of the open terracing we get now and it happened right in front of us. Like Shagger said above I thought he was dead as did most of the Bairns fans, was horrific to witness it.

That's horrendous man