The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I went to the Hospital a couple of days after it and the Doctor that looked at my leg said "Are you the other guy from the Bleachfield on Sunday?" 😂

Bet it took a while for the bruising to come out.

The thing was all you needed was a soak in a bath, your sunday dinner and you were out on the raz till midnight at the dancing at the Leapark Hotel.

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The thing was all you needed was a soak in a bath, your sunday dinner and you were out on the raz till midnight at the dancing at the Leapark Hotel.

I used to spend most of my wages in the Leapark. Thursday night was the Coachhouse and Frid/Sat/Sun was the dancing. Most Monday mornings at work were spent hanging out my arse.

I was there that day and the Falkirk fans booed Derek Collins for that challenge and it caused a  bit of a meltdown in the cowshed if memory serves me right. I was 15 at the time. I'm sure @AyrshireTonwill remember better than me.

To say he meant it and led with the elbow is quite frankly ridiculous. Watching the above clip of it, he clearly tried to win the ball and is just ever so slightly later than Keith. No malice, purely accidental. Horrible to see but to blame Collins for it, f**k me man!

57 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Were you shadowing me??🤔😂

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m sure he ended up fracturing his skull, he went up for a ball with the defender who if I mind correctly done him with an elbow. He was out before he hit the deck and his body went into spasm, the players round about him knew it was serious right away and waved for physios/doctors to come into the pitch. He was getting treatment for what seemed like an eternity.

In those days the away fans were in the covered area to the left of the open terracing we get now and it happened right in front of us. Like Shagger said above I thought he was dead as did most of the Bairns fans, was horrific to witness it.

I think he swallowed his tongue as well IIRC?

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Davie Sinclair 🤩

No idea why but always liked him even though he played quite infrequently. I was probably sh*t scared not to like him!

Was it him that picked up a yelllow card one game, then immediately got issued a second after applauding the ref? I might be thinking of someone else.

1 hour ago, madton said:

I was there that day and the Falkirk fans booed Derek Collins for that challenge and it caused a  bit of a meltdown in the cowshed if memory serves me right. I was 15 at the time. I'm sure @AyrshireTonwill remember better than me.

To say he meant it and led with the elbow is quite frankly ridiculous. Watching the above clip of it, he clearly tried to win the ball and is just ever so slightly later than Keith. No malice, purely accidental. Horrible to see but to blame Collins for it, f**k me man!

As I said I  was very near it and Collins had zero chance of winning that ball turned sideways and ensured that he cleared one of our best players out the game. These days it would be a straight red no questions asked for endangering an opponent. He was always a nasty wee player Collins so it's not as if he didn't have previous. Horrible, horrible challenge.

18 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

As I said I  was very near it and Collins had zero chance of winning that ball turned sideways and ensured that he cleared one of our best players out the game. These days it would be a straight red no questions asked for endangering an opponent. He was always a nasty wee player Collins so it's not as if he didn't have previous. Horrible, horrible challenge.

I'm not going to reply directly to the Morton fan because it'll just result in the usual pish with the Virgin appearing to show everyone how 'clever' he is. I must have been pretty near you at the time however because I was close to the incident and clearly remember him going in with his elbow up whilst making no real attempt to head the ball. I don't think the camera angle really shows this though so I can understand why the guy thinks it wasn't as bad.

35 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm not going to reply directly to the Morton fan because it'll just result in the usual pish with the Virgin appearing to show everyone how 'clever' he is. I must have been pretty near you at the time however because I was close to the incident and clearly remember him going in with his elbow up whilst making no real attempt to head the ball. I don't think the camera angle really shows this though so I can understand why the guy thinks it wasn't as bad.

Yeah it was a shocker. You see head knocks all the time and can usually tell pretty clearly whether it's an accident or in a few cases like this one a deliberate foul. I'd like to think that the resulting situation was far worse than Collins was looking for but he was going for that challenge with little disregard for the consequences.

Big shout out to the 2,000 who listened/watched our 1st episode back last week & the near 1,300 who have this week so far 👏🏻

If you haven’t as yet and can, be appreciated if you can give us a go. I’ll be sounding like John but if you do watch on YouTube, hit the like button on the episode & subscribe to the channel. Sales pitch done 😂

📱www.falkirkdaft.co.uk for the YouTube channel. 

IMG_3770.thumb.jpeg.9c645fcb3939462f4c547f63546aba05.jpeg

IMG_3752.thumb.jpeg.9667bc3696c7bf394339f6483b4e30b0.jpeg

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Straight red, feck man man. 

How on earth did he have no chance of winning the ball, literally a few milliseconds late. 

The evidence is there, no elbow, no going for the player, he was clearly trying to win the ball and a freak accident occurred.

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

So you thought you seen him going in with the elbow but admit the camera shows that wasn't the case.

You can again clearly see from the highlights that his elbow is nowhere near Keith's head. When you jump you naturally jump with your arms out, every footballer does but again no where near his head or face.

There's zero chance Collins went into that challenge to danger an opponent, its that simple.

10 minutes ago, madton said:

Straight red, feck man man. 

How on earth did he have no chance of winning the ball, literally a few milliseconds late. 

The evidence is there, no elbow, no going for the player, he was clearly trying to win the ball and a freak accident occurred.

So you thought you seen him going in with the elbow but admit the camera shows that wasn't the case.

You can again clearly see from the highlights that his elbow is nowhere near Keith's head. When you jump you naturally jump with your arms out, every footballer does but again no where near his head or face.

There's zero chance Collins went into that challenge to danger an opponent, its that simple.

It happened right in front of me. I was at the opposite side of the ground from the camera which obviously shows a different angle than the one that I saw.

We'll agree to disagree because I can't be arsed getting into a slagging match with a feckin Morton fan. We've enough of our own that want to do that!