The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

He ain’t going to go into the press and say the league is shite. Get a grip 

Granted, but you can give the opposition too much respect. I hated it when Ray McKinnon did it and I hate it when McGlynn does it. It smacks of a defeatist attitude.

Say we were to get relegated to League 2, would it be acceptable for any Falkirk manager to say something like "league 2 is a tough league"? 

12 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Maybe I am a bit blind. His hand is up no doubt but it looks like it may have come off his head. I genuinely can’t see it hitting his hand and I have slowed it down and tried to freeze it. 

Best I can do. Green arrow is the ball, which is only a foot from Yeats hand. The next frame the ball has already hit his arm but looks like a pretty clear handball when you watch it slowed down. Ref has a good view too. 

Undoubtedly we won’t be awarded a penalty when it happens to us though. 

IMG_6837.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Granted, but you can give the opposition too much respect. I hated it when Ray McKinnon did it and I hate it when McGlynn does it. It smacks of a defeatist attitude.

There's often a world of difference between what a manager says in a press interview and what he says in private. 

2 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc-bairns-boss-john-mcglynn-insists-league-one-is-still-very-tough-without-threat-of-dunfermline-and-airdrieonians-4259988
This is very interesting bit about the league this year and that every team is a threat this season and us being favourites to go up but every team being a threat to us and John thinking that teams that go up can keep it up and threaten the the top teams in the championship as per the fire shite and Airdrie this season getting results against Dundee and Partick respectively.

I don’t think that the thought of keeping up with the top half of the championship after going up is true without big investment for us

Let’s worry about that when we get there.

The league is weaker without Dunfermline and Airdrie, Cove and Accies aren't as strong as those two. Everyone knows it's a tough league, but we weren't good enough to even make a decent go at winning it last season, McGlynn has no excuses this season, I'd be more inclined to concentrate on ourselves rather than saying how good the other sides are. He had the best budget in the league last season and did f**k all, he's not had as good a budget this season but he's still spent it on what looks to be so far some half decent players for this league, putting aside the fact he still never brought a right back in, this squad should be more than good enough to win the league if everyone keeps healthy. If injuries hit key players then I think that's what will kill us. The strength in depth isn't there. But saying "oh they've spent this" who cares you had money too John and you've spent it on how you saw fit. Failure is not an option this season. 

5 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

The league is weaker without Dunfermline and Airdrie, Cove and Accies aren't as strong as those two. Everyone knows it's a tough league, but we weren't good enough to even make a decent go at winning it last season, McGlynn has no excuses this season, I'd be more inclined to concentrate on ourselves rather than saying how good the other sides are. He had the best budget in the league last season and did f**k all, he's not had as good a budget this season but he's still spent it on what looks to be so far some half decent players for this league, putting aside the fact he still never brought a right back in, this squad should be more than good enough to win the league if everyone keeps healthy. If injuries hit key players then I think that's what will kill us. The strength in depth isn't there. But saying "oh they've spent this" who cares you had money too John and you've spent it on how you saw fit. Failure is not an option this season. 

Wait till we are 10 games in then we will know where we stand for good or bad.

New players are finding their feet with current players and vice versa.

You will see Dunfermline challenge at the top end of the Championship this season IMO. I honestly don't care what anyone says and our fans have been as guilty of it as theirs, they came down here with a strong Championship squad who had been ruined by two absolute dumplings in the dugout. McPake didn't have to do hellish much to get them playing the way they did, which ultimately was a pretty clear cut above the rest of the league and hence, up. 

Our position, languishing here for a few years gets us diminishing returns each year despite our budget and for that reason, although it would he wrong to say we weren't ever going to be able to challenge them, it's neither a surprise nor a disgrace that come the run in, we failed to. 

59 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Best I can do. Green arrow is the ball, which is only a foot from Yeats hand. The next frame the ball has already hit his arm but looks like a pretty clear handball when you watch it slowed down. Ref has a good view too. 

Undoubtedly we won’t be awarded a penalty when it happens to us though. 

IMG_6837.jpeg

That ba's flat!

1 hour ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

That article is McGlynn making excuses early doors. He won't get us up. 

I think we should get shot of him now. We need a manager who's got experience of getting out of this league. Jim McIntyre's available and it surely wouldn't cost us as much to poach McKinnon from Forfar as it did when he came from Morton?

1 minute ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

I'd also get rid right now. Seems there are plenty of McGlynn fan boys though unfortunately. 

:unsure2: Not sure if I've managed to woosh you or if you're just wooshing me back?

Just now, Hartleys18/19Army said:

I'd also get rid right now. Seems there are plenty of McGlynn fan boys though unfortunately. 

I would have fired him after the Airdrie capitulation. The rest is history. The BOD has stuck by him which I think is a grave mistake. However we’ve been told we’re skint and it’s the fckn 400K issue again. Contractually we’d need to fork out a years salary which the BOD have probably weighed up against improving the squad and a new salary for a newbie.
I’m trying my best to not get to wound up and trying to be optimistic. TBH and like many up at CR week, he’s got no life’s left now, and without the last second equaliser, I’ve no doubt the mood of the fans would be a lot different, so early in the campaign.

The problem with McGlynn talking about budgets and where players come from is that it opens it up to questioning. 

This is the starting line up for Cove on Saturday. 

Balint Demus- 21, Cove youth

William Gillingham- 24, Central Valley Fuego

Rio Davidson-Phipps- 25, Haringey Borough

Jacob Jones- 21, Forest Green

Cameron Stewart- 20, Ipswich U21

Mouhamed Niang- 24, Hartlepool

Connor Scully- 30, Cove youth(Part Time)

Josh Kerr- 25, Bohemians

Dajon Golding- 25, Cray Wanderers

Rumarn Burrell- 22, Falkirk

Scott Williamson- 22, Queens Park(Loan)

This was our starting line up. 

Long- 20, Lincoln(Loan)

Yeats- 19, Aberdeen U21

Donaldson-28, Ross County

Lang-26, Raith

McCann- 23, Airdrie

Morrison-24, Hearts

Henderson- 26, Arbroath 

Miller- 25, Morton

Spencer-27, Raith

Ageyman- 23, Kelty

MacIver- 24, Alloa

I know Cove were missing some players but if we’re going on budget then would say our starting line up was worth a lot more. 

Edited by Van_damage

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I would have fired him after the Airdrie capitulation. The rest is history. The BOD has stuck by him which I think is a grave mistake. However we’ve been told we’re skint and it’s the fckn 400K issue again. Contractually we’d need to fork out a years salary which the BOD have probably weighed up against improving the squad and a new salary for a newbie.
I’m trying my best to not get to wound up and trying to be optimistic. TBH and like many up at CR week, he’s got no life’s left now, and without the last second equaliser, I’ve no doubt the mood of the fans would be a lot different, so early in the campaign.

Are you not contradicting yourself a bit? You state that you would have fired him and the BOD have made a big mistake for not doing so, then explain why they couldn't have done that.