The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Problem with this is the very tight squad we are running with this season.

We may have a settled midfield at the moment but injuries, suspensions and loss of form will necessitate change.

Yeats would feature fairly regularly away from the right back role and would of course offer cover for right back.

For him to play in midfield  regularly henderson would need to get injured as he isn't going to get in in front of Spencer . A suspension would mean him coming in for one or two games and that's about it.  At right back he's getting a game every week and gaining experience. I doubt he'll get much game time otherwise.

34 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

For him to play in midfield  regularly henderson would need to get injured as he isn't going to get in in front of Spencer . A suspension would mean him coming in for one or two games and that's about it.  At right back he's getting a game every week and gaining experience. I doubt he'll get much game time otherwise.

Again I would emphasise the lack of depth in our squad.

Everyone stays fit or available then your point has merit but as we saw on Saturday injuries happen.

Also what if Yeats gets injured?

McKay is the only other option for right back.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Again I would emphasise the lack of depth in our squad.

Everyone stays fit or available then your point has merit but as we saw on Saturday injuries happen.

Also what if Yeats gets injured?

McKay is the only other option for right back.

We definitely need a RB. It's the only position that we don't have a natural first choice for, never mind back up. We have back up for every other position on the field.

I actually think that Finn has been our weakest performer in the last two games, having been caught out a few times. That said, he's young and is learning all the time and I just love his attitude. Never hides and always showing for the ball. Great guy to have in the squad.

A right back is needed incase Yeats gets injured or suspended. Because the other option is McKay. That should be reason enough. Any way you look at it Mckay is the elephant in the room here, it's just a pity we can't get rid to free up a wage. 

Edited by ebobsboy

4 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

Darren Barr actually started as a winger in the youth development set up.  Leahy played as a striker his first few games for us, then moved to left back.  Seems he's now playing in midfield for Wycombe - a jack of all trades clearly.

And scott Arfield started as a RB from memory. 

1 hour ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

And scott Arfield started as a RB from memory. 

Can’t mind him playing there for the first team. Definitely played midfield for the U19s when I seen him play. 

18 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Can’t mind him playing there for the first team. Definitely played midfield for the U19s when I seen him play. 

I ran the line a few times in Falkirk u19 games when Arfield, Moffat, Allison, Mitchell, Stewart were coming through the ranks. Arfield only ever played in midfield in those games

1 hour ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

I am sure he was a RB when younger. Not sure when he move into midfield. Maybe I got it wrong however. 

Can’t mind it to be honest but maybe before the season I seen him in the U19s.

Here he is scoring vs Celtic. Feels like a long time ago now.

Just realised the right back is Chris Mitchell. God rest his soul. 

Edited by Van_damage

2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Can’t mind it to be honest but maybe before the season I seen him in the U19s.

Here he is scoring vs Celtic. Feels like a long time ago now.

Just realised the right back is Chris Mitchell. God rest his soul. 

I went to high school with Chris in Dunblane. He was a couple of years older than me but I played against him on the astro several times during breaks and he was a really friendly guy. As you say, rest his soul.

15 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

We thinking it’s maybe Blair Alston at right back? He played there a few times from memory

As Shagger said it’s 100% Chris Mitchell.

This was 2006 so Blair Alston would have been 14. 

Think the only ones in that Falkirk team to have made the breakthrough was Scott Arfield, Brian Allison, Chris Mitchell and Mark Stewart.

The Celtic team had a few who are still kicking about and that played for us. Not sure if they’re all playing that game but had Mark Miller, Jason Marr, Scott Fox, Paul Caddis, Cillian Sheridan, Graham Carey and Kevin Cawley. Caddis looked exceptional at that level, as did Sheridan. Arfield had the best career out of everyone though.