The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Every shareholder is offered the same deal

I’m not sure that applies to this resolution as there would be no way they could get to 45% if every shareholder was offered the opportunity to retain their own shareholding. 

13 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

I’m not sure that applies to this resolution as there would be no way they could get to 45% if every shareholder was offered the opportunity to retain their own shareholding. 

If that was the case other shareholders %age would be diluted.

Eg FFS would hold less than 25%

5 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

If that was the case other shareholders %age would be diluted.

Eg FFS would hold less than 25%

I know but that was the term of the resolution which shareholders voted for at the time.

I suppose they could make another amount of shares available after it but would have to be a separate resolution and would require a 50% vote as far as I’m aware. 

8 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

I know but that was the term of the resolution which shareholders voted for at the time.

I suppose they could make another amount of shares available after it but would have to be a separate resolution and would require a 50% vote as far as I’m aware. 

Don’t think that’s right Dave

Are cove quietly creeping back into contention? Beat Hamilton, think they are unbeaten in seven or eight games now, winning nearly all of them. Their form over the past six games is even better than ours. Fyvie being fit seems to have ignited their form. Some cove fans saying they aren't quite as good as their results suggest though, so hopefully that's the case.

In addition they have on paper an easier final 5 games of the second quarter (except us away!), as do Hamilton. We on the other hand have Hamilton and Montrose away with cove at home in those five games. Interesting to see league standings after 18 games.

Hopefully this side are better at beating our nearest rivals but all three games we've dropped points are against the full time sides. One thing's for sure it's a big few weeks coming up!

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Are cove quietly creeping back into contention? Beat Hamilton, think they are unbeaten in seven or eight games now, winning nearly all of them. Their form over the past six games is even better than ours. Fyvie being fit seems to have ignited their form. Some cove fans saying they aren't quite as good as their results suggest though, so hopefully that's the case.

In addition they have on paper an easier final 5 games of the second quarter (except us away!), as do Hamilton. We on the other hand have Hamilton and Montrose away with cove at home in those five games. Interesting to see league standings after 18 games.

Hopefully this side are better at beating our nearest rivals but all three games we've dropped points are against the full time sides. One thing's for sure it's a big few weeks coming up!

Yeah, they have a part to play in it although they are a long way behind. I see them as the strongest contender outwith us and Hamilton and a playoff shoo in. For them to be int he title race though, they'd have to go on a run that both us and Hamilton couldnt keep up with. I don't see that  happening because I do think the whole thing tightens up for everyone over winter. I think its important to beat them tho. 

7 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I’d say so yes, they’ll certainly have a big say in where the title ends up. They’ve spent a lot of money and on paper they have a very strong best 11 with players there all having played at a higher level. If the grease ball had used his summer budget better and hadn’t went mental in the pre season bringing in a majority of duds as per his norm they’d probably be there or there abouts at the moment. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

24 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Unbeaten in 8 winning our last 5. A decent chance to extend that winning run with Stirling Albion at home on Saturday, however, we are scraping narrows wins. Yes a win is a win but we are devoid of real talent in many areas, don't have 40 goal a season duo anymore, have little in the way of depth and aren't close to the side we were 2 years ago when we won the title. 

On the other hand Falkirk have many match winners, have Championship quality players in certain areas and are putting teams to the sword more often that not.

Our only hope is too keep grinding out as many points as possible until January in a bid to keep the gap as is at worst and then strengthen considerably.

Unfortunately 3rd or 4th wins us nothing and that's at best where we will finish. 

12 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’d say so yes, they’ll certainly have a big say in where the title ends up. They’ve spent a lot of money and on paper they have a very strong best 11 with players there all having played at a higher level. If the grease ball had used his summer budget better and hadn’t went mental in the summer bringing in a majority of duds they’d probably the thereabouts at the moment. 

Hartley and recruitment are a match made in hell unfortunately as we both know. Falkirk and Hamilton have used their budgets far more wisely and the league table reflects that.

31 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

I think every existing shareholder has the option to buy shares in a new issue. Not everyone will take up the option.

anyway it’s all hypothetical as I don’t believe a new share issue is imminent 

I’m not sure to be honest. Can only go from what’s said in the document.

The Rawlins initial investment of 850k shares came from the 3.3m that were issued.

The remaining shares that were made available from the 3.3m were supposed to be ringfenced for the Patrons; the FSS, and the Rawlins. 750,000 each for the Patrons and FSS and just over 500,000 for the Rawlins to maintain their 26%. That did leave a little for fans to become shareholders or others to increase their own shareholding but there wasn’t anywhere near enough for all shareholders to retain their current %. When the Rawlins didn’t take up the option to keep their 26% the 500,000 was divided between the shares available for the Patrons and FSS. 

This other resolution only mentions issuing shares to the Rawlins as to effectively give them 45%. As I said, if they had to offer shares to everyone then could have a non stop issuing of shares to get the Rawlins to 45%. I really don’t think that is the case should that be ever be activated(if still open) however stand to be corrected. 

Edited by Dave McInally