The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

I have some sympathy for @LeodhasXD here. He was asked to comment, did so and folk didn't take too kindly to his view - as they say, don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message.

I'll also add that there is a massive variance in what clubs big and small are doing with - seemingly - vast or small resources. We're now back to the age old argument of whether a paid service should solely be staffed by volunteers and any criticism is frowned upon regardless of the perceived quality.

When the topic was mentioned it was obvious it was going to pan out the way it has.

I agree, the volunteers who work for the club shouldn’t be personally criticised on here. Said as much when there was comments about Lewis’s commentary being embarrassing. 

That said, I do think paid subscribers have a right to expect a decent service. From my own point of view, having watched a few games this season, I’ve had no real issue with the quality of the service.

The camerawork is of a decent standard and not much different from what I’ve seen of Alloa’s. The quality of the stream is normally good enough for me, but if there is a chance to make it better then it’s worth taking anything in to account. 

I feel @LeodhasXD has been fairly constructive in his criticism and seems to be getting piled on unfairly for trying to help give his opinion on an issue raised here. 

If it the guys are having to put up highlights in their own time and it saves a bit doing it for the stream, then I’ve no qualms with that. However if there is a way to provide enhanced quality highlights, as much as for posterity’s sake as anything else, then maybe it is worth paying a little more for the extra time that may take. 

Edited by Dave McInally

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fucking hell. 

Imagine letting that utter shit go to press 🤣

I agree I think both Accies and Falkirk fans know that none of the 3 of them will happen and this is simply just for publicity. Would love to be proved wrong here but I highly doubt I will.

Just now, Ian Mcleod said:

I agree I think both Accies and Falkirk fans know that none of the 3 of them will happen and this is simply just for publicity. Would love to be proved wrong here but I highly doubt I will.

It’s like the time Accies tried to sign Scott Arfield from us! Can’t see this happening either. 

6 hours ago, Blame Me said:

@BPM Again has your report concluded and any updates you can share on improvements to FTV?

I did not do the report, I introduced the club to someone who had worked with another club to do the report. I don’t know if it has been concluded and have not asked to see it if it has been done. 

Hamilton strike me as a really low order club tbh. Things like this and the ticket fiasco don't sit well tbh. 

I can't recall seeing antics like this before. Someone at Hamilton, and I know a lot of their fans don't like the folk that run the club, fancies themselves as being really clever at "mind games" or whatever but to my mind they're just coming across as fannies

2 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

It’s like the time Accies tried to sign Scott Arfield from us! Can’t see this happening either. 

At the same time we tried to get Jamie Murphy from Motherwell and Andy Dorman from St Mirren - no chance then and no chance now.

2 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

Maybe this brand new team at FTV are at the start of that journey of getting better with experience over time 

This is why I'm so reluctant to openly criticise. Hopefully things improve because good highlights make everyone happy, especially when the team (Saturday aside) are doing bits in every game and scoring great goals. Just found it strange that the highlights from Saturday were so bad. Borderline unwatchable, I'd say. If the volunteer guys feel like they're under pressure to upload bang on midnight then they really shouldn't. They should take the time to release a video that's good quality. What if we'd scored a goal of the season contender in that match? Hope they keep up the work they're doing though. It's greatly appreciated.

19 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Goes without saying rubbish in = rubbish out

We've found Leodhas burner account 😆

I don't think anyone will get the answer they're looking for here. For me there's two camps when it comes to the media output of clubs.

Those that want it to be the best it can be within their resources (financial/manpower) and those that see it as something that needs to be done.

I'd put Leodhas in the former.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Hamilton strike me as a really low order club tbh. Things like this and the ticket fiasco don't sit well tbh. 

I can't recall seeing antics like this before. Someone at Hamilton, and I know a lot of their fans don't like the folk that run the club, fancies themselves as being really clever at "mind games" or whatever but to my mind they're just coming across as fannies

We do have a new owner now and he is liked by the fans and has been doing a good job so far however there is still a board member who was near/was top of the list of the shambles from last season and who is very much disliked from the fans. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the guy behind this article. 

17 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/hamilton-accies-make-audacious-swoop-31888191

Yeah I'm about 99.99% sure that this is a lot of rubbish and just paper talk. 

You can safely add on the other 0.01% .Why the hell would they take a step down to a far lesser club?

Desperate tactics from a desperate wee mob. Laughable.

3 minutes ago, AGPar said:

You can safely add on the other 0.01% .Why the hell would they take a step down to a far lesser club?.

It does seem like our new owner does have a bit of money to spend. However I highly doubt that this will happen and I do agree that it comes across as a bit desperate.

I have no criticism of the Falkirk TV volunteers.  My criticism is for the innaction of the club.  Having a profesional in to give them a short training course on equipment and techniques, would not cost a lot and would end up benefiting the club.  The quality of our highlights have been sub-par for a long time not just recently.  Below par not in enthuisiasm or dedication of those involved but in various technical aspects.

21 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

We've found Leodhas burner account 😆

I don't think anyone will get the answer they're looking for here. For me there's two camps when it comes to the media output of clubs.

Those that want it to be the best it can be within their resources (financial/manpower) and those that see it as something that needs to be done.

I'd put Leodhas in the former.

FWIW as sponsor of the service I believe the standard is acceptable but it can be better, hence me introducing the club to someone who I thought could help. Because of geography I watch games live a lot and this weekend is the first poor stream I have had since Spartans (I was at Cove when the other major issue was) Having also sponsored the product in the past it is fair to say the club has not put enough investment into this area for years and have been over taken by other clubs.
That won’t go on forever and the club are well aware I want to see the product improve - but that will take some investment. One of the ways to raise some revenue was to sell the full match re-runs every week. That with a hundred plus doing that each week would help generate funds. 
One thing I can assure our support is that in terms of the live feed the issues have been of our own equipment issues not the service provider, and I know that because I asked the question. 
The Alloa highlights are better than ours, substantially better? Not that much. The commentary is not nearly as good. 
If it was me running it I would wait and get highlights out much later and rely on the full match replay at midnight if people need that midnight fix after a shed load of booze. I would then encourage a highlight package to be produced that was of better quality. Not my gig though. Hopefully we continue to see a gradual improvement for the rest of this season. 

Hamilton continuing to show a complete lack of respect and a mentality fit for the school playground is almost pleasing though. Seems like the sort of thing past incumbents of our own club would have thought about doing and end up looking like utter twats.