The Falkirk FC Thread

If you’re going to make up a story about trying to sign 3 of our players why the f**k would you ever pick Alfie? Clubber Lang, Hendo or Spencer aye but Alfie? 😂.

Thats the most embarrassing bit from little Accies imo. 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

They did it to us as well just before they went bust the first time for spending money they didn’t have, Crabbe, Hagen and Marino Keith the season before all apparently doubled they’re wages at that time to move. 

Let's not forget Gretna. Who basically signed anyone on decent wages as long as Brooks had his toys and endless cartons of cigarettes to play with a day

Edited by ebobsboy

6 minutes ago, Russ said:

If you’re going to make up a story about trying to sign 3 of our players why the f**k would you ever pick Alfie? Clubber Lang, Hendo or Spencer aye but Alfie? 😂.

Thats the most embarrassing bit from little Accies imo. 

They are obviously deemed not good enough to replace the likes of O'Hara, Mumbongo, Zanatta. I'd swap Alfie for a currently injured Scott Martin if push came to shove. 

That’s the stupid thing about attempting to play a ruse like this in such a clunky manner - it backfires. 

It reminded Bairns that Accies are trailing us and a bit desperate, given their best players are out injured, their star signing from Partick Reserves has an attitude problem that got him sent off, and their fans hate their own manager.

If we were at all unsettled by Saturday’s wobble, then this attempt to unsettle us further has had the opposite effect as it just reminded is who the enemy really is. 

Fkn idiots. 

3 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

It does seem like our new owner does have a bit of money to spend. However I highly doubt that this will happen and I do agree that it comes across as a bit desperate.

Hopefully 7 figures if he wants all 3.

4 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Back to our usual strongest formation and team with Oliver in for MacIver being the only change for me.

Been thinking about Bonnyrigg and Alfie could be another option up top. I know he had a stinker at the weekend but he could be a handful in that position, has he not played up front for Kelty?  Maybe give him a chance to redeem and throw himself at a few defenders. Failing that Oliver would need to revert to his original position up top, dropping deep to link with the wingers.

Edited by GunnerBairn

6 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Been thinking about Bonnyrigg and Alfie could be another option up top. I know he had a stinker at the weekend but he could be a handful in that position, has he not played up front for Kelty?  Maybe give him a chance to redeem and throw himself at a few defenders. Failing that Oliver would need to revert to his original position up top, dropping deep to link with the wingers.

I'll caveat that by saying if Allan doesn't start at Bonnyrigg he's almost certainly away if he wasn't already. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Alfies best position for me is the middle of the 3 behind the striker. It allows him to go either side and also to prey on the knick downs from the striker (most likely for Sat Gary Oliver)

It also allows Oliver to drop as he likes to do and Alfie to go beyond. For all the good work he does, Nesbit doesn't tend to go beyond Maciver. It's a bit different to our best, which was brought into sharp focus on Saturday, but it could and should still be enough to progress v Bonnyrigg. 

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Surely the recent game between the sides tells you everything you need to know. A packed away stand making a fantastic atmosphere or an empty home stand with a few utter nuggets trying to make a noise in one corner.

Do you (or any other Falkirk fans for that matter) never get embarrassed posting stuff like this? 

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Alfies best position for me is the middle of the 3 behind the striker. It allows him to go either side and also to prey on the knick downs from the striker (most likely for Sat Gary Oliver)

It also allows Oliver to drop as he likes to do and Alfie to go beyond. For all the good work he does, Nesbit doesn't tend to go beyond Maciver. It's a bit different to our best, which was brought into sharp focus on Saturday, but it could and should still be enough to progress v Bonnyrigg. 

You’re not wrong there. Last time I saw Alfie in the middle of the 3 was away at Cove, they couldn’t handle him!

26 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Do you (or any other Falkirk fans for that matter) never get embarrassed posting stuff like this? 

is this your first time on the Falkirk thread? We adore a crowdwank here, it's very much a staple topic. As it should be. We have so many fucking fans.

Don’t know where to start with that article but I’ll make a go of it. 

First of all, it’s a clear attempt to unsettle our squad as up until now they are miles off us footballing wise as the last game suggested between the sides so they need to try something. 

Second of all, imagine the message it sends to their attackers when they want to sign three players who all play in similar positions, so that’s a bonus for us. 

Thirdly, imagine letting that go out. We’ve tried to take not one but two of the team above us’ better players but they’ve said no. Everyone knows there is not a hope in hell we’ll accept anything that Hamilton or any other team outside the top 6 in Scotland could give us for three players in January. It would almost certainly guarantee we wouldn’t win the league. Would have to be silly, silly money to make us part with them.

It just screams utter desperation really. 

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Saw on instagram Miller Morrison Lang etc were all at top golf, they’re probably pissing themselves at that article 

Only a 15 minute drive from New Douglas Park.

5 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We do have a new owner now and he is liked by the fans and has been doing a good job so far however there is still a board member who was near/was top of the list of the shambles from last season and who is very much disliked from the fans. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the guy behind this article. 

The stuff yesterday strikes me as Gerry thinking he is clever and trying to wind up Falkirk which will probably do the opposite.

Conversely,looking at it another way it is him letting other clubs know that the three players in question may be out of contract at the end of the season and this is a ruse to get bids for them.

38 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Conversely,looking at it another way it is him letting other clubs know that the three players in question may be out of contract at the end of the season and this is a ruse to get bids for them.

Morrison is the only one who is out of contract in the summer.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

So let me get this right. This utter clown who runs the football side of things at your mob has a strategy? And said strategy involves feeding the gullible, pliant local media fantasy stories about making offers for players he knows have not the slightest interest in setting back their careers by taking the step down to Hamilton in the vein hope that it may flush out other suitors who might have more of a chance of tempting both Falkirk and the player(s)in this transfer window and weakening us in the process? 

Is that what you're suggesting your club has been reduced to? God, I hope so. Desperation would not even begin to describe this particular "theory".

14 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

My understanding of "ParsTV" is that while they started with ParsTV as fans, they have then gone out and set up their own business to support other clubs producing live streams as well. The very least they deserve is the professional respect of having their business credited rather than this inflammatory "ParsTV" nonsense. Maybe this Alloa guy can take a leaf out of their book if he is really so beyond everyone else. 

You should see what Pars fans post about ParsTV, the product was agreed to be poor by our CEO. I've actually found the Alloa fans posts enlightening in the past as to why the streams have been so poor from a ParsTV perspective.