The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I liked keena, I know quite lot didn't. Just think he wasnt used enough and brought down to our level in the shite that surrounded him. 

Wasn't a massive fan of alegria at first but really came onto a game, was a shame he left. 

Mikey Ruth....... Is he still employed as a footballer? 

Snap with Keena. Thought he'd be a class signing and was a bit of a fanboy only to see him used extremely poorly IMO 

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

How is an FSS member paying £10 a month ‘stepping up’ more than an ST holder who buys a programme and some 50-50 tickets every game (£7 x 22 games=£154) and goes to hospitality once a season (£90)?

Why is the fan who contributes £120 via FSS more deserving of special privileges than the one who contributes £244 via other means?

Where did I say that should happen at Falkirk? Find me that post please. What I said was in most businesses when you pay more you usually get more in return. 
So stop turning want I said. If you are a member of a golf club for example that has two types of membership one which allows you to play 7 days a week and the other all weekdays but not weekends the guy paying for 7 days get a bigger benefit. That’s life it happens in most other businesses.  

It’s a matter Of fact which you cannot deny that an FSS member who buys a ST, a home strip, hospitality etc etc contributes more financially by a minimum of £120 per year more than someone who doesn’t. Is that FACT really hard for you to comprehend? Of course there will be non members of FSS who spend more than some, and maybe even many FSS members I accept that but there will be a large number who don’t. 

11 minutes ago, BPM said:

Maybe it rubs up FSS members that others are not stepping up to the extent they are?

Never in my life have I resented another person for not spending as much as I do on anything. And if you do, you need to give your head a shake. Not everyone has to have the same views, opinions or ideas as you. I am an FSS member because I want to be, I like the idea of having more say and I support fan ownership. Not everyone agrees, has the means to or is interested in that. But what you've just said is a wild take. 

"Not stepping up"??? What do you think would happen if every non FSS member stopped buying tickets, going to games, buying merchandise? Do you think FSS members alone can keep the club afloat? No. Here is a couple examples of how people have "stepped up" in recent years. 

1. The growth in match attendance over the last several seasons. At its lowest it was around 2,000 people after several years in League 1. 

2. Falkirk TV subscriptions during covid and beyond. An additional £150-£180 per year. 

3. Season Ticket growth, don't need to say anymore than that. 

4. Breaking merchandise sales records with the new kit. 

5. Ultras making a MASSIVE difference to the atmosphere. 

6. Attending other club events like the calendar signing, fundraising nights and speaker nights

7. Match sponsorship and hospitality sell outs. 

Explain to me how 3000 odd fans are not stepping up enough? All of that could cost £400-£500 per season. Yes the additional FSS contribution is another means but the weird contempt you have for people who don't spend as much as you is completely illogical given how much every person actually has contributed.

Do you get equally as annoyed at FSS members who don't also pay for Falkirk tv? Do you get annoyed at FSS members who don't buy 50/50 tickets? 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Never in my life have I resented another person for not spending as much as I do on anything. And if you do, you need to give your head a shake. Not everyone has to have the same views, opinions or ideas as you. I am an FSS member because I want to be, I like the idea of having more say and I support fan ownership. Not everyone agrees, has the means to or is interested in that. But what you've just said is a wild take. 

"Not stepping up"??? What do you think would happen if every non FSS member stopped buying tickets, going to games, buying merchandise? Do you think FSS members alone can keep the club afloat? No. Here is a couple examples of how people have "stepped up" in recent years. 

1. The growth in match attendance over the last several seasons. At its lowest it was around 2,000 people after several years in League 1. 

2. Falkirk TV subscriptions during covid and beyond. An additional £150-£180 per year. 

3. Season Ticket growth, don't need to say anymore than that. 

4. Breaking merchandise sales records with the new kit. 

5. Ultras making a MASSIVE difference to the atmosphere. 

6. Attending other club events like the calendar signing, fundraising nights and speaker nights

7. Match sponsorship and hospitality sell outs. 

Explain to me how 3000 odd fans are not stepping up enough? All of that could cost £400-£500 per season. Yes the additional FSS contribution is another means but the weird contempt you have for people who don't spend as much as you is completely illogical given how much every person actually has contributed.

Do you get equally as annoyed at FSS members who don't also pay for Falkirk tv? Do you get annoyed at FSS members who don't buy 50/50 tickets? 

Where did I say I was personally annoyed? 
There is still a 250k hole despite ALL those things you lost. Now hopefully the extra commercial effort this year will fill that but the reality is there is still a hole. 

Edited by BPM

2 minutes ago, BPM said:

Where did I say I was personally annoyed? 
There is still a 250k hole despite ALL those things you lost. Now hopefully the extra commercial effort this year will fill that but the reality is there is still a hole. 

Generally people are able to make deductions based on what others say. Saying its unfair, that people are not stepping up as much as you are and that it's not enough generally points to you being either resentful or annoyed. 

Do you think berating people for not spending enough is going to encourage them to put more money in when they are already spending hundreds? 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Generally people are able to make deductions based on what others say. Saying its unfair, that people are not stepping up as much as you are and that it's not enough generally points to you being either resentful or annoyed. 

Do you think berating people for not spending enough is going to encourage them to put more money in when they are already spending hundreds? 

Where have I berated anyone for not spending money? All am I pointing out is that there is still a hole (this is historic now for 15 years). The fans, including the FSS members, have spent this year on ST’s, merchendise, hospitality etc to which is great. But it will probably not be enough to fill the hole. The FSS is an avenue to fill that hole but for a variety of reasons, which I have pointed out, a good lump of the support has still not joined. If there is still a hole in the finance then what ideas can come from those not joining to help fill this? I think the average contribution is £13? If FSS had 2500 members (about 50% of the fanbase) contributing the average as it is now the hole would be filled. A big ask of course and probably unrealistic but that’s where we are as a club. 

Just now, macclyde+ said:

Brian Kinnear.

Just signed with us, was he any good for you guys ?

He started off looking decent I thought but the entire team took a dip and he did with them. I recall maybe thinking his distribution was quite alright but haply to be corrected by someone who doesn't have a play off induced memory black hole where bits of last season should be

30 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Are they?

The members I know (including myself) all certainly do yes. Id imagine a sizeable majority are the same, the FSS probably have numbers on season ticket holders and the majority of the membership also do also buy a season ticket at the very least I’d be happy to wager. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

49 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Deductions = logic + p and b = PMSL

3 hours ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

9 days to go until we have a game. Lets go through the players who’ve worn the number 9 jersey in League One…

Jordan Allan

Juan Alegria

Leigh Griffiths

Michael Ruth

Aidan Keena

Declan McManus

Have I missed any? Some reputable names, some disasters, some neither here nor there.

McManus obviously the stand out, thought Alegria was coming into a game, and think Keena split the fan base if I remember right? The other 3 didn’t work out, especially ousting Keena for one up front Ruthball….

2yr ago today we signed Leigh Griffiths on 20k a week with us I heard 😃

I never really rated McManus till he signed for us

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Mikey Ruth....... Is he still employed as a footballer? 

Dumbarton

30 minutes ago, MrDust said:

2yr ago today we signed Leigh Griffiths on 20k a week with us I heard 😃

I never really rated McManus till he signed for us

Dumbarton

I reckon Mikey Ruth will get himself a good move on the back of his form with us. He's quite possibly been our best player this season and is comfortably the best striker we've had since Calum Gallagher (although the competition for that isn't particularly strong).

He should've scored about 16 goals for us this season rather than eight mind you. But aside from that he's been superb this season.