The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Perhaps a system that gives the club the chance to sell tickets after thursday before the game for season ticket holders who have registered their non attendance. A part on the website that you can announce your intention not to go by Wednesday then tickets on sale from the Thursday? If the person ( me i am thinking ) then wants to go they can pay for Main Stand. Just a thought

Don't need a date since we usually have PATg it would just allow the club to allocate one more number to the allowable cash admissions. Could register non attendance right up till KO

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Don't need a date since we usually have PATg it would just allow the club to allocate one more number to the allowable cash admissions. Could register non attendance right up till KO

If it was 100 people who could not go ( as noted before ) then it would bring in £2000 a game for the club per home game but perhaps less as it may bring the Main Stand attendance down

I think the issues with the KM stand capacity versus empty seats is 2 fold. 1 is a number of people double up in the ultras section meaning seats go free elsewhere.

2 is the free kids STs. They are free anyway and the club could just let people rock up with their kids on match day, if going. I’m not convinced these are always used by parents. Different in the main stand where demand is fine & it’s allocated seating. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

27 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Am I the only one that doesnt have a problem with the highlights packages at all

Picture quality is worse than some lowland league teams. Fact. If that’s not an issue then fine but don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect better. Perhaps if we go up it’s an area that can receive a small investment

10 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Picture quality is worse than some lowland league teams. Fact. If that’s not an issue then fine but don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect better. Perhaps if we go up it’s an area that can receive a small investment

Theres a lot more things Id rather see the money put towards before better cameras personally.

56 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think the issues with the KM stand capacity versus empty seats is 2 fold. 1 is a number of people double up in the ultras section meaning seats go free elsewhere.

2 is the free kids STs. They are free anyway and the club could just let people rock up with their kids on match day, if going. I’m not convinced these are always used by parents. Different in the main stand where demand is fine & it’s allocated seating. 

Since the Ultras are now well established, is there a conversation to be had for converting their area into a safe standing space for them? This would increase the capacity of the stand and it's not like they use the seats there anyway. Alternatively, is there the possibly of looking into terracing for the vacant east space? Watching the Morton game on Friday, with the place rocking, made me long for terracing so badly.

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Perhaps a system that gives the club the chance to sell tickets after thursday before the game for season ticket holders who have registered their non attendance. A part on the website that you can announce your intention not to go by Wednesday then tickets on sale from the Thursday? If the person ( me i am thinking ) then wants to go they can pay for Main Stand. Just a thought

If I couldn’t make games, I’d  even be happy to donate my ST’s in the KM to fans who for whatever reason can’t afford to attend games at the moment. If the club could set up some way of doing this it would be good as better they get used than empty seats.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

If I couldn’t make games, I’d  even be happy to donate my ST’s in the KM to fans who for whatever reason can’t afford to attend games if the club could set up some way of doing this. Better they get used than empty seats.

100% think this is a good idea. Falkirk Foundation do a lot of charity work. Maybe they could help organise tickets for folk who have fallen on hard times and could do with a day out at the football but can't afford it. Must be at least 100 STs up for grabs on any given matchday. If I'm not attending, I'd happily donate my seat.

13 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Since the Ultras are now well established, is there a conversation to be had for converting their area into a safe standing space for them? This would increase the capacity of the stand and it's not like they use the seats there anyway. Alternatively, is there the possibly of looking into terracing for the vacant east space? Watching the Morton game on Friday, with the place rocking, made me long for terracing so badly.

“Safe standing” within an already built seated stand actually reduces capacity I think as each “space” requires an individual slot that is bigger than the seat currently there. 

Edited by bairn88

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

but whatever they doing or equipment they are using is what we should be doing. 

https://pro.sony/en_IE/products/handheld-camcorders/pxw-z150

Fairly sure that's what they've got. That's the camera I wanted to get for us a good few years ago when it was a newer model. Would have made negotiations much easier had anyone known covid was coming but £3k was seen as a bit steep at the time. 😅

For ideal purchases I quite like the idea of this. You get great flexibility in less equipped stadiums with a gimbal or in this instance ptz and this is the top of the line Sony solution. Seen these used professionally recently in stadium shots replacing the spidercam systems.

3 hours ago, Bairn to Believe said:

Over 4500 already bought for Saturday. 

Tickets really shifting now. Only a handful of tickets left in Blocks A and F. Block G going down nicely and obviously Block H not on sale yet (the rest pretty much sold out). Don't think that will be needed but should pretty much fill every other section for a home crowd of over 5k 

51 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

... Maybe they could help organise tickets for folk who have fallen on hard times...

The Foundation and club setup an initiative "Support our Bairns" to help groups etc who required support to attend matches, which I assume is still operating. IIRC it was an option when buying ST online at some stage.

There hasn't been any update since 2022.

16 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Looking at some of the posts re the Ultras and the scenes after the TNS game. I think some of the people in their 60's should remember how it was then. Not condoning just comparing

Before my time, but Falkirk Fear were known to be a bit of a handful back in the day. At least that's what my dad says anyway.