The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

On basis of watching close up last week my opinion is that Fyvie’s legs are gone now 

Won't happen anyway as he's gone part time & managed to get a HSE advisor role in O&G.. wouldn't swap him for Spencer Henderson or indeed Tait anyway 

1 hour ago, Big chungus said:

Yeah I’m a little bit worried as well. Everyone who you would without a doubt want signed up for next season has had their contract extended - bar Finn. Also we signed 22 year old Keelan Adam’s from the junior league for next season. Coincidence? Or does Mcglynn know that Finn is away or perhaps isn’t offering him a contract extension. 

I'd imagine that Adams has been brought in as backup, replacing Bisland

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Maybe a silly question, but would we be due a development fee (even a tiny one) for Finn if we’ve offered him a contract and he chooses to go elsewhere?

Yeah we will be so long as we've offered him a deal which is the same or more than what he's on just now.

What that would be is a bit of a nonsense to try work out as it takes loads into consideration. Including how much it cost to provide him with training kit etc.

But given he's been here for 2 years and racked up around 50 appearances I'd like to hope it would be a not bad little sum.

Edited by FFC 1876

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

No facts on this, overheard on Saturday that St no fans have been tracking Yeats. 

He is from Aberdeen area so a move nearer home for a young man would make sense but he should stay with us as a bigger move could be on the table at the end of next season

Confirming what we all knew - that they were just being awkward the first time to try and gain some kind of advantage or piss us off (who knows what or why), only for it to backfire completely :lol:

Absolute uber-diddies who I hope go the same way as Clyde. Stay doon.

Edit to add: Unless, and only unless, they come up against Dunfermline in a potential play-off, in which case, mon the Accies x

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Maybe a silly question, but would we be due a development fee (even a tiny one) for Finn if we’ve offered him a contract and he chooses to go elsewhere?

Yes

3 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Particularly impressed by Morton left back Lewis Strapp tonight  

Was out of contract with Morton last summer and ended up back with them at the tail end of the year so nobody must have fancied him. Think he was on trial at Kilmarnock, very similar to Mccann but has a catapult of a long throw.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Was out of contract with Morton last summer and ended up back with them at the tail end of the year so nobody must have fancied him. Think he was on trial at Kilmarnock, very similar to Mccann but has a catapult of a long throw.

🙌👍

9 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If Fyvie is out of contract at Cove I'd be putting a cheeky offer under his nose to consider (can only say no).  Martin would also be of interest.  

McGovern had a good game v Celtic yesterday which suggests there's still life in him.  Likes Burgoyne too but not sure he'd be on McGlynns radar much and wages may be too high in any case.  

Wouldnt touch Fyvie with a barge pole, League one is his level now and that's at a push if he's fit. He was injured for half a season last season in the step up to the championship and this season he's been injured a fair chunk.

He went to Cove as he knows himself his body ain't up to rigors of top-end football, he nearly quit the game due to it.

I wouldnt be surprised if Finn has interest higher up the chain than St Johnstone, he aint the finished article but his attitude and willingness to learn no matter where he has played with us has been second to none. I hope we get to see him grow but I reckon there is a reason he hasnt been signed up and its not our side halting that. 

I was having a wee look at Transfermarket to see who's out of contract in the Championship at the end of the season and came up with the following names that will be familiar:

From Raith, there's Sam Stanton, Dylan Easton and Ethan Ross. ICT, Wallace Duffy, who's a RB. From Partick, Jamie Sneddon (G.K.), Jack McMillan (R.B.), Kerr McInroy, Aidan Fitzpatrick and Toni Adeloye who was the Ayr striker that scored two against us in the cup last season. From Q.P. there's goalie Callum Ferrie who was with us for a short time. Morton striker George Oakley, from Airdrie, G.K. Josh Rae, R.B. Cammy Ballantyne and striker Calum Gallagher. From L1 Hamilton there's goalie Ryan Fulton and C.B. Fergus Owens.

Who, if any, do you think would be worth talking too? We'll need a 'keeper and Rae and Fulton are well quoted by their current club's fans. I think we'll need a R.B. as it looks like Finn may be away. Duffy, McMillan and Ballantyne may fit? I also think that Oakley would suit McGlynn's system and is probably more of a goal scorer than MacIvor.

23 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I was having a wee look at Transfermarket to see who's out of contract in the Championship at the end of the season and came up with the following names that will be familiar:

From Raith, there's Sam Stanton, Dylan Easton and Ethan Ross. ICT, Wallace Duffy, who's a RB. From Partick, Jamie Sneddon (G.K.), Jack McMillan (R.B.), Kerr McInroy, Aidan Fitzpatrick and Toni Adeloye who was the Ayr striker that scored two against us in the cup last season. From Q.P. there's goalie Callum Ferrie who was with us for a short time. Morton striker George Oakley, from Airdrie, G.K. Josh Rae, R.B. Cammy Ballantyne and striker Calum Gallagher. From L1 Hamilton there's goalie Ryan Fulton and C.B. Fergus Owens.

Who, if any, do you think would be worth talking too? We'll need a 'keeper and Rae and Fulton are well quoted by their current club's fans. I think we'll need a R.B. as it looks like Finn may be away. Duffy, McMillan and Ballantyne may fit? I also think that Oakley would suit McGlynn's system and is probably more of a goal scorer than MacIvor.

Ayr scored one against us in the cup and it was Akinyemi, not Adeloye, also Rae has looked pish for Airdrie whenever I've seen highlights.

25 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

Ayr scored one against us in the cup and it was Akinyemi, not Adeloye, also Rae has looked pish for Airdrie whenever I've seen highlights.

Apologies, getting mixed up between the two of them.