The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Can't see Raith getting by the Premiership side after that grueling extra time last night and the ridiculous play-off format. 

At the other end I would probably rather have Hamilton as the more convenient away day, though Inverness will probably be the weaker opposition next season if they do  stay up. 

Would rather have ICT as Hamilton will have the strongest squad in the league…

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Would rather have ICT as Hamilton will have the strongest squad in the league…

Me too because it's a good weekend away. 

We once went to ICT v Falkirk by boat. That was good fun!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That is the line up for the Championship almost complete, only Inverness/Hamilton and Raith/Ross County/St Johnstone to be decided. Personally I would take Hamilton and Raith in the Championship as it gives us a decent chance I think. Whoever makes it, it is looking like a cracking line up next season, cannot wait.

That'll be 10 full time teams in the championship with Arbroath away. I think the relegation spots will be interesting too, every one of those sides are not only full time but arguably championship level (queens park mainly due to a rich benefactor). Someone (or two) decent sides are going down next season. Hopefully won't concern us.

I'd rather have Inverness as I think they are on a downward spiral, even more so than accies.

At the top end I think there are a few decent sides, main concern is if livvi spend their £2.5m this season, or can spend it. That's without thinking about st Johnstone coming down too. 

I'm waiting to see who we and everyone else brings in to think about what a good target for us might be. I'm very happy with the business done so far, but would be even happier with an experienced , or first pick loan keeper and Tait resigning. I think when season ticket numbers are formalised we may well get another striker too, if McKenna isn't already who mcglynn has in mind as competition for McIvor.

We are in a decent place though, keeper is my only real concern (at the moment). 

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Aye right! Nit. Were you a witness? Every couple of week's at the supermarket just happened to bump into an insider that spills the beans. Then what was divulged turned out to be bullshit.

Didn't ring true then and doesn't now.

Except pretty much everything he said did happen. The events after the post would lead me to believe they were true and he got his arse kicked for posting that information on a forum

Edited by Rocco

15 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wonder when the Invincible merch will go on sale. I need one of they T’shirts for my hols.

I’m sure Jamie Swinney said in a couple of weeks time. 

16 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wonder when the Invincible merch will go on sale. I need one of they T’shirts for my hols.

Was in Greaves picking up some online sale gear. Asked the girl about the invincible stuff, all I got was hope soon - as the Falkirk merchandise is fast selling .

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Was in Greaves picking up some online sale gear. Asked the girl about the invincible stuff, all I got was hope soon - as the Falkirk merchandise is fast selling .

Out of curiosity mate, do Greaves have our stuff on display/for sale in the shop too or are we just online for them? 

Great afternoon yesterday at the Leapark for the annual Bairns Business Club sportsman’s lunch. 144 in attendance (highest number attending since it launched) and £10k raised on the day for the football club.  

24 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Out of curiosity mate, do Greaves have our stuff on display/for sale in the shop too or are we just online for them? 

They've got Falkirk shirts etc in the shop. Only slight negative for me is it is right next to their England stuff 

I know this isn't Falkirk related but 

Anyone believe the Paul McCartney being dead conspiracy theory? If so, who wrote band on the run and live and let die!? Two absolute classics, however all the evidence shows that he probably is dead. 

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Except pretty much everything he said did happen. The events after the post would lead me to believe they were true and he got his arse kicked for posting that information on a forum

It didn't come from his Hibs contacts so it didn't happen.

Said it before on here the way accies fans treated him was a disgrace. Very reasonable league campaign and coasting v Inverness. Looks like straight back up at first time of asking.  

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

As NBA1876 a few posts earlier, tops are in shop. I did notice some of the 1/4 zip training tops on sale rack round from where you pick up the online orders.