The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Change of topic, I thought the idea of what Ayr were doing with the new stand behind the terracing sounded great.

Just saw a pic of it and to me it looks meh, disappointed from this view.

IMG_4326.jpeg

Never really liked the look of this tbh. Looks like a mish mash of ideas and aesthetically poor. I'd be disappointed with something like this. 

Our stadium looks great, quality stands and everything looks good together. If we ever get round to that "sustainable" fourth stand, which I really hope we do, I hope the quality is as good as the existing three stands.

9 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I was in the north stand for the Alloa game due to my mate attending and me being too late in buying him a ticket for the south. At the end, with everyone in fine fettle and most heading to the pitch, I stood behind a guy who was whining about the fact that the players had gone to the Ultras first on the lap of honour, meaning that he would have to wait before getting the chance to congratulate the players. I suppose he had a point as, by that time, there were only a couple of dozen left in the north, however, we'd just completed an invincible season, having won the league at a canter, yet this guy thought it ok to moan about the order that a lap of honour was completed! 'An absolute shambles' 'feckin amateurs' etc etc.

We won't stay unbeaten next season, but it's crucial that guys like that don't get the chance to start berating the team because it could catch on, with the obvious potential consequences.

Unfortunately we have too many whining arseholes like that in our support.

If they were given a gold watch for their Christmas they would complain it was too shiny.

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We won't stay unbeaten next season, but it's crucial that guys like that don't get the chance to start berating the team because it could catch on, with the obvious potential consequences.

It’s been mentioned but there’s a notable change, predominantly with the Ultras the minute we either go behind or lose a goal. Their support and noise has lifted the team (and the rest of the supporters) like no other season I can remember. 
Doesn’t matter what club you support, there’s always going to be a few that will complain regardless, and maybe just maybe they’ll get as good in return. 

21 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Although season tickets are frozen, Will hospitality prices be increased for next season?

I would expect it would be. We are playing in a higher division and obviously the club will be looking to increase income. I could be completely wrong but I’d expect them to do so

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Latapy is god said:

Although season tickets are frozen, Will hospitality prices be increased for next season?

I would assume increases across the board in line with promotion. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

11 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Never really liked the look of this tbh. Looks like a mish mash of ideas and aesthetically poor. I'd be disappointed with something like this. 

Our stadium looks great, quality stands and everything looks good together. If we ever get round to that "sustainable" fourth stand, which I really hope we do, I hope the quality is as good as the existing three stands.

I think the old, 100 odd year old terrace with brand new seats bolted on above it looks a bit shite too.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think the old, 100 odd year old terrace with brand new seats bolted on above it looks a bit shite too.

Cost them 2 million pound. Puts it’s into perspective just how much a 4th all seater stand would cost. Especially considering (i think) Ayr’s new stand only has about 500 seats.

Edited by Big chungus

I think Ayr have done the best with what they have and it looks ok. Certainly a big improvement on what was there before.

I would be wanting something better for our 4th stand though. Tbh a stand the same as the north and south but with some hospitality facilities would be great, and a viewing balcony to the other side overlooking the foundation pitch.

Then convert the sections of the KM7 into safe standing, or increase the widths of the steps to join up and make it a proper terrace like at Dortmund etc 

img_4355.thumb.jpg.4608bbe770e8ce5f00bbd5d6383ad320.jpg

12 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'm quite happy that the stadium wasn't completed when built because that will hopefully mean that any 4th stand will be different from the other 3 therefore giving the place a bit more individual character. As you say, it needs to be a quality build and, of course, sustainable. 

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

...Then convert the sections of the KM7 into safe standing...

That reminds me - Any truth in the rumour I'd heard that the Ultras section in the KM will be safe standing for 24/25?

14 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

That reminds me - Any truth in the rumour I'd heard that the Ultras section in the KM will be safe standing for 24/25?

No idea but I'm sure the club were quoted something like £40k to convert those 300odd seats a few years ago. Does seem like a bit of a waste of cash when the ultras already stand in that section anyway without incident 

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Unfortunately we have too many whining arseholes like that in our support.

If they were given a gold watch for their Christmas they would complain it was too shiny.

Folk like that need called out. Like that guy up the back of the South Stand who berates McGlynn at any opportunity

38 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Folk like that need called out. Like that guy up the back of the South Stand who berates McGlynn at any opportunity

I've seen me telling folk to shut up a few times in the past but tbh, it's usually a loss of temper on my part. In general terms I simply cannot be fucked engaging these sorts. If I am already frustrated with whats happening on the park iv seen me get involved. One time that sticks in my mind during Houstie era can't remember who getting it tight for passing backwards when the received the ball back to goal on the touchline with a defender tight behind him....

"AWWW FUCKING TAKE UM OAN!!!" was the shout. Awful. 

Covered before this season already is the groaning at passing it across the backline despite our methodology being not only very, VERY clear, but also effective to the tune of romping a title before the clocks went forward and finishing the season invincible. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I've seen me telling folk to shut up a few times in the past but tbh, it's usually a loss of temper on my part. In general terms I simply cannot be fucked engaging these sorts. If I am already frustrated with whats happening on the park iv seen me get involved. One time that sticks in my mind during Houstie era can't remember who getting it tight for passing backwards when the received the ball back to goal on the touchline with a defender tight behind him....

"AWWW FUCKING TAKE UM OAN!!!" was the shout. Awful. 

Covered before this season already is the groaning at passing it across the backline despite our methodology being not only very, VERY clear, but also effective to the tune of romping a title before the clocks went forward and finishing the season invincible. 

I remember last year "THEY'RE YOUR TACTICS, MCGLYNN!" being an angry shout. The game was in its first 5 minutes. 

Some of the shouts from fans can be embarrassing. I’ve seen us being 4 up in a game and a guy close to me is getting angry that they are keeping possession and starts screaming to get it forward. Absolute imbecile!

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I remember last year "THEY'RE YOUR TACTICS, MCGLYNN!" being an angry shout. The game was in its first 5 minutes. 

Sadly, this has always been part of watching football and most certainly always will be. I remember going to games with my brother years back and being gobsmacked at how he transformed into someone I barely recognised, going mental at referees and linesmen when their decisions were dubious. Away from the game he was generally quiet and mild mannered. However, his job was a stressful one and the matches were where he released the tensions. I believe that will account for some of the behaviour but alas, there are also a number of ar**s who think shouting abuse at players and management is going to improve things.