The Falkirk FC Thread

I'll commend Div for having the guts to debate his and SMISA's position but as he and SMISA have shown, those views are held based on how they want things to be, not how they are. 

1 minute ago, Arab_R_us said:

you honestly think your players want to be training on Astro everyday  ?  ask their hips

Ah bless, you're a bit simple aren't you?

2 hours ago, Div said:

Yes, they got relegated after a six year stay, operating with the lowest budget in the division by miles every season (apart from when Hamilton were in the division, also punching well above their weight and also with an artificial pitch).

They won 19 points at home and 6 away last season.

Home advantage is obviously a thing in football, be it grass or astro, but those numbers are very pronounced.

They did recruit well and played some good stuff at times during their six year stay, but you cannot look at the numbers and say hand on heart that their pitch definitely didn't give them any sort of advantage?

I've mentioned this already, Yes they have an advantage. it is f**k all to do with how the ball moves or how players run and turn on the surface. The advantage is not having to spend a fortune maintaining a grass pitch during a cold dark winter with lamps and undersoil heater costing astronomical amounts, not having to pay for a separate training facility and bein able to generate additional revenue from hire.

In other words so called "bigger " clubs don't like the idea of the likes of us and Hamilton etc being able to spend more on players and academies than they think we ought to be.

Posted (edited)

No surprises about the artificial pitch vote. Drastic measures now required if we are to go along with this without a fight. A quicker way we could start building funds needed for grass would be to ringfence all ‘additional prize money’ gained from whatever final league position we finish on. Needless to say the higher the better. We’d still need to run a very tight ship budget-wise much like we did this season. Would also hope to continue to throw aces on commercial and hospitality sides, along with further increases in FSS membership, not to mention bagging a few good Cup runs on the latter stages. Not an ideal situation to find ourselves in, but if we don’t fight this we’ll need to start thinking about how to raise the cash. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

12 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

you honestly think your players want to be training on Astro everyday  ?  ask their hips

Hips Don't Lie

10 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

dont think so, I think teams with astro mainly train on their own pitch to save costs ?

This is what we’re up against. Complete morons who think their team trains on the grass pitch they play on. Extraordinary. 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

This is what we’re up against. Complete morons who think their team trains on the grass pitch they play on. Extraordinary. 

thats not what i said you obviously weren't listening, i said a lot of teams with Astro pitches train on them to save costs. It obviously dosnt work the other way round.

Just now, GunnerBairn said:

Any idea of the vote breakdown per club or do the chumps keep that secret.

I dont know what Falkirk fans are moaning about, This ruling will actually help your club in the long run

1 minute ago, Arab_R_us said:

thats not what i said you obviously weren't listening, i said a lot of teams with Astro pitches train on them to save costs. It obviously dosnt work the other way round.

Understood, apologies. Lots of clubs who play on grass train on Astro. There simply isn’t and never will be enough money in our game for every top flight threatening club (take your pick from about 20-25) to have a grass pitch with a separate training facility with adequate grass pitches. It would cost a fortune.

2 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

I dont know what Falkirk fans are moaning about, This ruling will actually help your club in the long run

Can you take your addled brain back to licking the arse of the Open Goal Podcast in that thread and leave the adults to debate here?

Just now, Rugster said:

Can you take your addled brain back to licking the arse of the Open Goal Podcast in that thread and leave the adults to debate here?

not much debate in your sentence. i'm the only one debating as far as I can see.  dont see anyone proving me wring with "debate" only getting cheap insults.

21 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

6 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

Clearly implying most teams train on grass with your initial post

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Understood, apologies. Lots of clubs who play on grass train on Astro. There simply isn’t and never will be enough money in our game for every top flight threatening club (take your pick from about 20-25) to have a grass pitch with a separate training facility with adequate grass pitches. It would cost a fortune.

accepted. 

Your right. Dunfermline for instance trains on Astro, My clubs Trains on Grass for the most part.