The Falkirk FC Thread

I saw somewhere that Brad Spencer is actually available to play tomorrow.

Given he was still on the last SFA disciplinary update I can see (in April), can anyone explain how this is? Cheers.

I know everyone thinks we are thin on the ground in terms of numbers. We have 21 of a first team squad ?

Raith have 22 looking at this so maybe we are not a tight as some think? 

IMG_8057.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I saw somewhere that Brad Spencer is actually available to play tomorrow.

Given he was still on the last SFA disciplinary update I can see (in April), can anyone explain how this is? Cheers.

John McGlynn told the Herald they found out that bookings from last year's tournament had been wiped so suspensions didn't carry over.

Edited by Rugster

3 minutes ago, BPM said:

I know everyone thinks we are thin on the ground in terms of numbers. We have 21 of a first team squad ?

Raith have 22 looking at this so maybe we are not a tight as some think? 

IMG_8057.jpeg

I think it's just the fact every defender we have seems to get injured that makes it feel that way.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

John McGlynn told the Herald they found out that bookings from last year's tournament had been wiped so suspensions didn't carry over.

Thanks.

It's difficult to pin down exactly how big each squads is in the league, but excluding who I think are youngsters/ modern apprentice types I make it roughly 

Airdrie 22

Raith 22

Partick 21

Falkirk 21

Livingston 21

Hamilton 21

Ayr 20

Dunfermline 19

Morton 18

Queens Park 18

13 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

It's difficult to pin down exactly how big each squads is in the league, but excluding who I think are youngsters/ modern apprentice types I make it roughly 

Airdrie 22

Raith 22

Partick 21

Falkirk 21

Livingston 21

Hamilton 21

Ayr 20

Dunfermline 19

Morton 18

Queens Park 18

So basically everyone who get 3/4 injuries at the one time in the one part of the squad is going to struggle. 

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

Allan out, Rudden in. 

We should be all over that. Fits the system big time. 

I doubt we could afford Rudden's wages unless Dundee were willing to cover most of them. I'll caveat that by saying he hasn't exactly been pulling up trees in any of the loan spells he's had away from Dundee. He was probably at his most prolific when he was with us. I also half expected Allan to be away by now if the rumours of a return to Clyde are true. You'd have thought they might have wanted him in their squad for the weekend. Maybe can't agree terms on the deal as someone on the Clyde thread mentioned that we were wanting Clyde to pay all of his wages for the loan. 

23 minutes ago, BPM said:

So basically everyone who get 3/4 injuries at the one time in the one part of the squad is going to struggle. 

Despite the panic from a few on here I think this is probably it, we’ve just been particularly unlucky in that regard. Hopefully the injury list clears up quickly. 

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Had the 3 injuries been spread out in terms of position, it wouldn’t have been as bad either. 

Would hardly have been noticed.

15 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I doubt we could afford Rudden's wages unless Dundee were willing to cover most of them. I'll caveat that by saying he hasn't exactly been pulling up trees in any of the loan spells he's had away from Dundee. He was probably at his most prolific when he was with us. I also half expected Allan to be away by now if the rumours of a return to Clyde are true. You'd have thought they might have wanted him in their squad for the weekend. Maybe can't agree terms on the deal as someone on the Clyde thread mentioned that we were wanting Clyde to pay all of his wages for the loan. 

Dundee have released him. 

5 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If we can reach play offs or above then its a really good season.  If not, then questions will rightly be asked whether we spent the budget wisely.  

Disagree completely and always will. This points get raised time and time again and it's as wrong now as it always has been. 

"WE" do not spend the budget. The manager does. The board appoint the manager, give him what they can afford and if he spends it badly he gets sacked. If he spends it well he might get a new contract, as McGlynn did. 

Six years ago after a terrible summer of recruitment from Paul Hartley the hot topic on this messageboard was "oversight". The topic was raised repeatedly by an individual who no longer seems to post. All he wanted to do was find fault with every decision made by the club because it furthered attacks on a particular board he had issues with. Some of the the conspiracy theories he and his mates came up with were unbelievable. 

That "oversight" topic and subsequent relegation was largely responsible for the recruitment of Gary Holt. We all know how well that went. 

Boards, CEOs, etc have nothing to do with how the budget is spent. Their roles are to provide the budget and make a judgement call on when to bin the manager if he's failing to deliver on the park. 

No questions should be asked of anyone other than the manager. 

I also disagree with the implication that failing to reach the playoffs could be seen as failure. Particularly if we get close and then get hit with injuries or a run of bad refereeing decisions. I'd like us to be top four but I'd settle for consolidation if necessary. 

2 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

Allan out, Rudden in. 

We should be all over that. Fits the system big time. 

Would have been happy with that trade last summer but having seen him for Raith last season he looks to have lost all his energy that served him so well in his loan with us. Just looked like a bog standard big lump.

I’m going to assume the people saying they want Rudden are remembering that hat he was like with us and not what he’s been like lately. He doesn’t really look the same player and even though he works hard it wouldn’t be a signing I’d be overly impressed with

7 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’m going to assume the people saying they want Rudden are remembering that hat he was like with us and not what he’s been like lately. He doesn’t really look the same player and even though he works hard it wouldn’t be a signing I’d be overly impressed with

He'd be better than what we have I reckon. Might not have looked great last year but still a good player. Can't be older than 25 too. 

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

He'd be better than what we have I reckon. Might not have looked great last year but still a good player. Can't be older than 25 too. 

I’d rather have McIvor to be honest, can’t see Rudden displacing him. Zack Rudden has been pretty poor for a good few seasons now. Speaks volumes reading the other threads that neither the Raith or the Partick fans want him back having been linked to him. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.