The Falkirk FC Thread

50 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

You've literally two posts ago said that the FD guys were advocating for him being replaced which is not at all the context of that conversation and is a misrepresentation. All they have said is it would be great to have another striker and it would be great if they were an upgrade? And either way, are you really disagreeing that getting an upgrade on any player would be a good thing? I do not understand that at all. I'd be really concerned for the state of football if teams stopped looking for upgrades to be fair to players whether they have performed well or not. If Lawrence Shankland rocked up to TFS I wouldn't be saying no because McIver did really well in league one. 

49 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Absolutely. Just to add I think McIver will do really well and was my man of the match yesterday. 

29 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Selective comments are presenting one side of things though are they not?

I think many people have been talking about the vital role McIver had yesterday and how excellent he was. Also how important he is to the front 4 with Morrison and Miller relying on McIvers play.

22 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Which is why I emphasised how important McIver is.

Maybe you could emphasise how important he is by spelling his name correctly. 

On the MacIver 'replacement' situation; given that he's played up front before and looks to have all the attributes (although he's probably not as good in the air (who would be?)), I think McKenna would be worth a shot before we run out to sign anybody else.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

On the MacIver 'replacement' situation; given that he's played up front before and looks to have all the attributes (although he's probably not as good in the air (who would be?)), I think McKenna would be worth a shot before we run out to sign anybody else.

He looks like a very handy addition being able to play number 8, 9 or 10.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Having a player with a strong shot to pick up any clearance forces the opposition to deploy a tactic to nullify that threat.

Therefore forcing the opposition to be reactive rather than proactive in how to set up the midfield when under pressure.

In Jock Steins great 60's Celtic side there was Murdoch on the right, Gemmell on the left 30 - 40 yard out waiting to fire in a howitzer from any clearance cutback resulting in the opposition midfield set up address that rather than be creative. The amount of space they created for teammates by their presence handed them midfield dominance.

Adams has that shot in his locker and proven last season so does Donaldson and Henderson.

We have not had that threat for years.

Long season to go but was encouraging yesterday onwards and upwards. Buckie line up will be interesting and there may well be player rotation.

What a nice problem to have

I didn't attend every game last season, but I'm not sure that I've ever seen Hendo try a long-range shot, certainly not one that troubled a 'keeper anyway?

1 hour ago, Roboccop said:

Frankly I don’t think we need to expand the squad. The next three games should be easy covered by the current fit players and one would expect recovery from at least one player before the Queens game. Loans will then become an option and I’d expect one then. Money is still very tight this year and in 2 weeks time FSS has to start paying back the govt (£18k). Im sure we’ll see others in as loans but it might be better to wait and see where we need strengthening at the start of the league. Given yesterday’s performance,  players regaining fitness wouldn’t go straight back into the team anyway. 

Good post, a lot happier that Hendo/Adams have nailed the CB slot, Adams looking like he’s played at this level for a couple of years, not a couple of games. Thought MacIver after a slow start at the TFS is absolutely key to our play, but if a loan can be found McGlynn won’t disappoint, and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a No 9 type player as back up, especially if the Allan rumours hes  offski.

4 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

The anti MacIver stuff is and always has been totally bizarre. He was excellent last season and picked up where he left off yesterday.

There were valid question marks when he joined and I think some Falkirk fans just haven't been able to move on from their pre-determined opinion of him. Those of us who watch the games with an open mind are big fans of him now.

There's still fans that want McGlynn sacked that just says it all, f**k knows why although he was quiet yesterday and didn't call for his head.

10 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I'm sure that everyone here will join me in wishing England well and look forward to see football coming home.

Read the room, Pablo. 

23 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I'm sure that everyone here will join me in wishing England well and look forward to see football coming home.

It’s evenings like this when football truly unifies people. 

6 hours ago, Blame Me said:

I read the OP comment as in regard to FTV. 

The FSS survey says ...

Correct. The fans have voted it 12% lower now. Which makes the “we’ve improved it” statement bizarre, because the fans clearly disagree. 

As I’ve said, we are grateful for the service so unlike others I won’t bad mouth the people involved nowadays, it would just be nice to see it back to what it was. Especially as they’ve increased the price a fair bit in percentage terms now. 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

There's still fans that want McGlynn sacked that just says it all, f**k knows why although he was quiet yesterday and didn't call for his head.

I can understand why people called for his head after the Airdrie play-off game, but surely there’s not people calling for him to go now? Surely??

I think we'll get 2 plus new players before the end of the transfer window. Loan signings will become more available once the league season starts. 

shocked to see Kai Kennedy playing with Queens btw. Thought he'd have got a championship gig no problem. 

43 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I think we'll get 2 plus new players before the end of the transfer window. Loan signings will become more available once the league season starts. 

shocked to see Kai Kennedy playing with Queens btw. Thought he'd have got a championship gig no problem. 

I mean Mcglynn has said one more than one occasion that the budget is spent and he does not expect anymore incomings. I do agree tho it’s likely that if Allan goes there probably is room for another player to come in. If we qualify out the groups from the league cup then that’s another minimum of 20k in the door. Whether that’s enough to sign another player, or if the board even decides to release that money into the playing budget, is yet to be seen. However, I don’t think as things currently stand we should be expecting any other signings let alone two. I’m happy with the squad tbh. 

Edited by Big chungus