The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Right... current 2nd place teams (top 3 go through)

East Fife +7GD 7pts 

Airdrie +8GD 6 pts

Partick +6GD 6 pts 

-----------------

Falkirk +5GD 6pts 

Queens Park +5GD 6pts 

Spartans +3GD 6 pts 

Raith Rovers +3GD 6 pts 

Group D can be discarded 

Partick and Spartans both play the team top of their group. If they win, Livingston and Motherwell would drop to 2nd and wouldnt finish above us. And obviously if they lose, those groups can also be discarded. East Fife have St Johnstone away to finish.

So we could be very unlucky, but win by a couple of goals and we'll be fine 

Or simply Match Ayr's result to top the group 

Group D and E cannot catch us if we finish on 9 points therefore we would need any 3 results from the following groups.

Group A would require one of:
1. Aberdeen to lose and -3 goals on our result, or
2. Airdrieoneans to drop points or win with -3 goals on our result, but caveat with QOTS not winning by 4+ goals on our result.

Group C would require 1 of:
1. Hibs to drop points or win with -3 goals on our result, or
2. Queens Park to drop points or win with -1 goals on our result, but caveat with Peterhead not winning by 7+ goals on our result.

Group F would require one of:
1. Alloa to drop points with no bonus point, or
2. East Fife to drop points and in the event of draw + bonus point also -2 goals on our result, with caveat that St Johnstone don't win with 4+ goals on our result.

Group G would require one of:
1. Motherwell to drop points with no bonus point, with caveat that Partick Thistle don't win by equal or better goals on our result, or
2. Clyde drop points or win with equal or worse goals on our result.

Group H would require one of:
1. Ross County to lose, or
2. Raith Rovers to drop points or win with no greater than +2 goals on our result.

I think that just about covers it, but let's just go out and win on Saturday. 

very happy the games at TFS and not Ochilview. Also good that it's clear what we need to do. I wouldn't bet against Ayr absolutely pumping Buckie Thistle so I reckon we'll need a good no of goals ourselves, even with our current GD.

Cards on the table, when we signed MacIver I wasn’t too happy as I was one of those fans “who don’t know anything about football” and only viewed his goals scored stats. Since then, his performances and all round contribution to the team have shown me how wrong I was and won me over.

However, last season his fellow professionals opted for Burrell instead of MacIver for their League One team of the season and in theory they do know something about football. One can only assume that like many of us previously, they only looked at his effectiveness (i.e. goals scored) in isolation too, rather than seeing what he brought to the team as a whole.

Edit: Oops, spelt MacIver's name wrong and I hate to see that with Nesbitt, Agyeman etc. My bad.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Got to say the football authorities in Scotland rightly get dogs abuse for all the w**k things they do but thos League Cup revamp has been a masterstroke imo. 

Has actually made pre season meaningful and we've got fans working out Vordermanesque permutations to get through. 

I like it. 

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Cards on the table, when we signed MacIver I wasn’t too happy as I was one of those fans “who don’t know anything about football” and only viewed his goals scored stats. Since then, his performances and all round contribution to the team have shown me how wrong I was and won me over.

However, last season his fellow professionals opted for Burrell instead of MacIver for their League One team of the season and in theory they do know something about football. One can only assume that like many of us previously, they only looked at his effectiveness (i.e. goals scored) in isolation too, rather than seeing what he brought to the team as a whole.

Edit: Oops, spelt MacIver's name wrong and I hate to see that with Nesbitt, Agyeman etc. My bad.

Think the team of the year striker vote is a pretty easy choice every year, just the striker with the most goals. 

We’ve been told the books will arrive at the club on the 31st July. I imagine they will be in the shop the next day to pick up or buy if not preordered. ( but don’t hold me to that). I hope that helps ( delay was printers not the club or me!).

300 already sold so only 150 left out of the print run. 

17 hours ago, BPM said:

Provided we win the following I think has to happen to stop us being top 3 2nd place:

Raith need to beat Hamilton by 3 more then we beat Stenhousemuir ❌

Partick need to win at Motherwell❌

Queens Park need to beat Kelty by more than we beat Stenny❌

Spartans need to beat Livingston away by 4 more than we beat Stenny❌

East fife need to win in Perth & Alloa at Greenock❌

Airdrie beat QOS☑️

Ayr need to beat Buckie by three more than we beat Stenny❌

Three of those things have to happen for us not to go through in second, if the last doesn’t happen we win the group. 
I know we have had bad luck at times but I just can’t see us not go through if we beat Stenny. If we don’t beat them we don’t deserve to get through anyway.

Well researched. respect

if ever there was a motivation to go out and play a rip snorting high tempo cup tie, it's that.

Cheers to everyone who has watched/downloaded this weeks podcast, almost 1,500 in a couple of days 👏🏻

🆕🎙️EP:89 OOOH I WANNA DANCE WITH SEAN MACKIE

🔵 Review the League Cup so far 🏆
⚪️ Latest Bairns news discussed 🗞️
🔵 Pie gate! 🥧 
⚪️ Preview Stenhousemuir (H) in our final group game with @CraigGTelfer of the @terracepodcast & @TheTerraceTV ⚔️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_0831.thumb.jpeg.20f26fc844f076429e4af99973e2422c.jpeg

5 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Cheers to everyone who has watched/downloaded this weeks podcast, almost 1,500 in a couple of days 👏🏻

🆕🎙️EP:89 OOOH I WANNA DANCE WITH SEAN MACKIE

🔵 Review the League Cup so far 🏆
⚪️ Latest Bairns news discussed 🗞️
🔵 Pie gate! 🥧 
⚪️ Preview Stenhousemuir (H) in our final group game with @CraigGTelfer of the @terracepodcast & @TheTerraceTV ⚔️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_0831.thumb.jpeg.20f26fc844f076429e4af99973e2422c.jpeg

Yeah, you've already posted the link.

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

How many tickets do we think we’ll sell for East End Park ?

2000 minimum for me. Could be 2500+ though, especially if we get off to a winning start v Queens Park. 

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

How many do we get ?

I’m sure the away stand holds just under 3,000. When we sold out last time versus them during that rancid night game, they didn’t give us the front sections and apparently that was a 2,600 sell out.