The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

On last night Hogarth was confident and solid never stood a chance for their goal. The stand out for me was Mackie always felt he had a mistake in him at LB last season when he came in for McCann but never put a foot wrong last night. MacIver was outstanding.  Looked as if Coll was struggling before coming off but is a bit behind the curve with his fitness I dare say, still think there is more to come out this team.

We laid off the pressing play too much towards the end of the game and allowed QP to come into it a bit too much but we got it over the line which is the main thing. Definitely missed Nesbitts presence but cant fault Oliver. Referee was sh*te and was almost like anytime we won possession through a challenge the decision went to QP.

Massive credit to the Ultras when you consider how quiet TFS used to be on a matchday, they've gave it an atmosphere which was like last season all over again.

By the looks less than 200 tickets left for next Saturday at EEP

I’m having challenge with ticket link on Dunfermline site which is showing no availability on any of sections. Anybody got advice?

7 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

I’m having challenge with ticket link on Dunfermline site which is showing no availability on any of sections. Anybody got advice?

Sorted - just realised where I went wrong 

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The atmosphere was good lastnight. Excellent in fact. But for the first time in a while I heard a couple of songs starting up (they didn't really take thankfully) that I'd really rather they left alone. 

The Ultras have been an unrelentingly positive influence on matchdays and according to McGlynn, the team, but they can f**k off with the Norrie chants and I hope there's none of it next week

Agree with this. They have been such a positive addition to the stadium which was often like a morgue before they started up. But the Norrie stuff is cringeworthy, and they were also singing about Dean Shiels last night too - a guy who played 19 times for Dunfermline 6 years ago. Just a bit bizarre. 

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Agree with this. They have been such a positive addition to the stadium which was often like a morgue before they started up. But the Norrie stuff is cringeworthy, and they were also singing about Dean Shiels last night too - a guy who played 19 times for Dunfermline 6 years ago. Just a bit bizarre. 

The Dunfermline singing when we’re not even playing them is extremely small time.

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

The Dunfermline singing when we’re not even playing them is extremely small time.

Don't care about songs that include rival teams, but the Norrie stuff needs the bin. I think even the Ultras know it because those ones didn't take at all which is good. 

I was starting to think I was the only one that noticed the less savoury aspects of the Ultras last night. The prolonged periods of hissing was a particular low.  Someone needs to have a word before next week. No need for it. 

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

What is our allocation for EEP?

Away stand by the looks unless they open up other areas of EEP to away support which would probably need segrated and heavier stewarding which I don't think they will do.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Away stand by the looks unless they open up other areas of EEP to away support which would probably need segrated and heavier stewarding which I don't think they will do.

Thanks mate. I was meaning how many fans does the away stand hold? My apologies if I didn't make that clear.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Thanks mate. I was meaning how many fans does the away stand hold? My apologies if I didn't make that clear.

According to football ground guide 3000

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/scottish-spl-premier-and-football-league-clubs/scottish-championship/dunfermline-east-end-park.html

Away fans are normally housed in the East Stand at one end of the ground, where just over 3,000 fans can be accommodated.

20 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

A family get-together means we can't make it tonight - we hope to avoid any mention of the score and watch a recording when we get home

What could possibly go wrong 🤔

Whatever_Happened_To_The_Likely_Lads.jpg

Managed it ... well worth it obviously 😁

The BBC can get the f'ck with losing the feed with 30 seconds to go though!! (and it turns out I much preferred the gaelic commentary to the constant inane chat they offered up last night)

Queen's Park showed how tough this league will be, Falkirk had most of the play and most of the chances but they were never really out of it - great Falkirk performances all round though it has to be said 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The atmosphere was good lastnight. Excellent in fact. But for the first time in a while I heard a couple of songs starting up (they didn't really take thankfully) that I'd really rather they left alone. 

The Ultras have been an unrelentingly positive influence on matchdays and according to McGlynn, the team, but they can f**k off with the Norrie chants and I hope there's none of it next week

100%

The Ultras have been absolutely tremendous for atmosphere both home and away games and you can tell with the amount of times both players and managers mentioned it last season that it does mean a lot and has an effect on the team.

However there will be Norrie chants next week unfortunately. Might not be from them mind could be from others in the support but it has been the same every time we've played them in the last 6 or 7 years.

It's f**king disgusting and the sooner it's stopped the better.

Just now, Russ said:

100%

The Ultras have been absolutely tremendous for atmosphere both home and away games and you can tell with the amount of times both players and managers mentioned it last season that it does mean a lot and has an effect on the team.

However there will be Norrie chants next week unfortunately. Might not be from them mind could be from others in the support but it has been the same every time we've played them in the last 6 or 7 years.

The last part of your signature (RIP Craig Gowans) says it all tbf, time to end the Norrie chants as they will come back at us about Craig Gowans, two events that have hurt both sets of supporters and teams. There's banter and there's that taking it too far.

Just now, Russ said:

100%

The problem is that when you look at the Ultras section, it's just a song to them. Very few if any of them have any f**king idea. Huge majority not born when McCathie died. So it's just a song to wind up the Pars. The irony is they themselves carry tributes to fans that have passed and pay tribute to club figures like Gordon Wright. You would like to think there's enough mutual respect between football fans to leave certain things alone.

There's plenty of latitude for fans to target other clubs and people associated with them without signing about anyone's death. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The problem is that when you look at the Ultras section, it's just a song to them. Very few if any of them have any f**king idea. Huge majority not born when McCathie died. So it's just a song to wind up the Pars. The irony is they themselves carry tributes to fans that have passed and pay tribute to club figures like Gordon Wright. You would like to think there's enough mutual respect between football fans to leave certain things alone.

There's plenty of latitude for fans to target other clubs and people associated with them without signing about anyone's death. 

I think the thing is when you look at other events from last season, the Edinburgh City supporter getting jumped at Alloa, the Raith supporter attacked at Dunfermline and the Falkirk supporter that was in a wheelchair having his scarf taken from him by Accies supporters, its guys trying to make a name for themselves.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe prior to all games, home and away, have a pre-recorded message from say John McGlynn or Coll Donaldson played over the public address system imploring the ultras not to sing these types of songs and how it damages the club's reputation? Besides, do we not have a SLO who liaises with the ultras?

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Maybe prior to all games, home and away, have a pre-recorded message from say John McGlynn or Coll Donaldson played over the public address system imploring the ultras not to sing these types of songs and how it damages the club's reputation? Besides, do we not have a SLO who liaises with the ultras?

You would imagine so and one of the advantages of them being a semi organised group is that I assume they have some sort of semblance of a "leadership" so I hope there is positive engagement. Potential for bias aside, so far from what iv seen ours are one of the more positive examples. 

One of the issues of the wider "ultra" movement as I see it tho is that it results in a couple of hundred teenagers thinking it's their club. 

I'm happy to have them, but don't sing that shite in my name.