The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Ned Nederlander said:

I didn't listen - in what way is Rogers able to take some sort of credit for McGlynn's record?

McGlynn himself has actually credited Rodgers with reinventing him as a manager. 

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Shortfall is now wiped out?

I think that happened when we made the Championship. Hoping it’s not new signings but contract extensions and hold back some cash for a possible grass pitch. Evaluate where we are at Xmas and then use cash if needed to sign one or two…..

Edited by roman_bairn

Just now, Ned Nederlander said:

While scouting at Celtic - fair dos, ta.

Aye, can’t mind what podcast, I think it was maybe the official club one a good few months ago, had about an hour interview with McGlynn and Smith, it was a brilliant listen. He went into a bit of detail about how working with Rodgers gave him so many ideas and pretty much ended up getting him back into management. It’s a great podcast. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

McGlynn himself has actually credited Rodgers with reinventing him as a manager. 

I may be wrong but I’m sure I read somewhere that McGlynn was ready for chucking football and it was Rodger’s who convinced him to stay at it. I thought he came across quite well.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Rodgers said that he taught McGlynn everything he knows.

He probably did. Fortunately he didn’t teach him everything McGlynn knows. 

12 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Well north of that I think. St Johnstone got just about that yesterday and it was 50% full plus increased prize money. Nearer £400k I think 

Yeah I’m going off of Morton figures. When they drew Celtic away a couple of years ago think it netted them approx 200k.

2 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Good for the coffers and we'll beat them anyway. 

This team has done absolutely incredible things over the last year. However winning this one would be up there with just about anything we have done on the last 20 years….

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think that happened when we made the Championship. Hoping it’s not new signings but contract extensions and hold back some cash for a possible grass pitch. Evaluate where we are at Xmas and then use cash if needed to sign one or two…..

Suspect it will be a mixture of some cash for a few loan signings with the rest going in the bank, which I think is the sensible approach.

McGlynn has made no secret of his desire to add a few extra bodies and I think it’s only fair he is given the funds to do so.

10 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Yeah I’m going off of Morton figures. When they drew Celtic away a couple of years ago think it netted them approx 200k.

Nae f**ker wants to watch Morton though. It’ll be a full house to see the Navy Blue. 

We have been needing a decent challenge.....

But seriously, if we weren't getting a home draw then show me the money. We probably won't win the match but this could properly secure our future.