The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I think its been covered before that we can't offer prizes etc but I'd like to see FSS offer things like: 

FSS does offer prizes in its member only monthly prize draw (which is restarting next month which was covered in this months newsletter)

There is also a benefits package offered to members (perhaps needs pushed more) - also more to be confirmed very shortly.

I do agree that the new scheme set up by the club could be a useful tool to increase FSS support. 

59 minutes ago, Rugster said:

McGlynn saying Saturday too soon for Morrison but hoping to have him involved against Livingston on Tuesday.

Excellent news!  Being able to change the wingers during the game is a big part of our threat.  Great to have Morrisons goals back too.

I’ve been trying to find out what happened to the money raised selling the South Stand letters. 

Hard to believe this was May 2022. Nearly two and a half years ago.

It was to be spent on a project benefiting the club and the community, with between £15k and £20k raised according to the Falkirk Herald. I couldn’t find out the exact amount or what the project was. Nobody seems to know. The folk I spoke to who bought letters didn’t know and don’t remember being asked or updated. That’s strange isn’t it? It was easy to find them as their names are on a panel in the stand reception. Falkirk is such a small place isn’t it.

Assuming the money hasn’t been spent which looks a safe bet given the lack of publicity,  what should the £20k or whatever it is, be spent on? 

3 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

I’ve been trying to find out what happened to the money raised selling the South Stand letters. 

It was to be spent on a project benefiting the club and the community, with between £15k and £20k raised according to the Falkirk Herald. I couldn’t find out the exact amount or what the project was. Nobody seems to know. The folk I spoke to who bought letters didn’t know and don’t remember being asked or updated. That’s strange isn’t it? It was easy to find them as their names are on a panel in the stand reception. Falkirk is such a small place isn’t it.

Assuming the money hasn’t been spent which looks a safe bet given the lack of publicity,  what should the £20k or whatever it is, be spent on? 

Got a link to the article citing the figures above?

I can see from this article that 10K was given to the Foundation for a befitting project.

If there is cash waiting for a shovel-ready project then I'd hope it can be utilised asap.

Edited by Blame Me
Spelling

4 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

I know one of the guys who was on the committee of people that done the fund raising for the KM signage and was told the surplus cash was donated to the foundation. Can’t remember the exact figure but sure it was around 20k or so, it was meant to go towards a sensory centre in the stadium somewhere but I’ve no idea if that’s still happening or not. If asked I’d personally have given it to the club at that point as finances were tighter then and the club was struggling a wee bit but in hindsight a sensory centre within the stadium is a thing that’ll directly and visibly benefit our disabled fans and they’re family/friends while they attend matches for a long time to come so it is something tangible and would be no bad thing should it happen presuming of course the foundation still intend to spend the money on that, in good faith they really should and if it can’t be done perhaps they could consider handing the money back so it can be spent on something tangible the fans who donated or bought merchandise can see. I agree having spent a wee bit on various things at that time and donated some memorabilia for auction (along with many other fans) a discussion amongst the fans to canvas opinion would have been good and it would be nice if something the fans/club appreciated came out of the extra moneys we raised. However I think we can all still agree the signage looks fantastic and is great way to honour an absolute legend and local hero so a big hats of does need to go to the guys that done the fund raising. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, AJ1981 said:

I haven't posted on here for a while, as a conscious decision to move away from any discussion relating to the administration of the club, preferring just to watch the fitba and not get involved in the politics any more.  

However, as a member of the KM stand committee, I felt the need to reply and hopefully can put this question to bed.

Those who paid for sponsorship of every letter were given :- i) Their name inscribed on the back of the actual letter ii) their name on the plaque (at the entrance to  the Brockviille Bar) to commemorate the letter they sponsored iii) a miniature letter souvenir and iv) the opportunity to have their picture taken with Alex Totten and a group picture with Crunchie. They all received copies of these pictures. 

From the sponsorship and also from sale of merchandise, around £21k was the leftover cash from the naming of the stand. It was decided that this cash would go to a community based project, as indicated at the time. Several discussions were held with the club and it was agreed to try and introduce a "sensory centre" in the main stand, using space in the 11 lounge.  Although there was some initial positive discussions with the 3 other stakeholders  i.e. the Club, Foundation and Falkirk Council to achieve this, it became apparent with time that there was no real enthusiasm to facilitate this.. Although we did keep pushing through the appropriate channels.

Having accomplished our mission of renaming the stand after Crunchie, it was decided to wind down the work we had done. With that, we donated the cash to the Foundation on a "ring fenced" basis that it would only be used with our consent on a suitable community project.  Although the KM committee had stood down, we still saw this as a suitable project for the cash and continued our involvement to try and get the sensory centre built, but with no success. 

Recently we have been in touch with The Falkirk Football Heritage Trust and hope that with their assistance it will be put to good use in building a sensory garden in the new community hub..

As an aside, I do wonder why this question has now been suddenly raised ? 

Edited by Zbairn

13 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I haven't posted on here for a while, as a conscious decision to move away from any discussion relating to the administration of the club, preferring just to watch the fitba and not get involved in the politics any more.  

However, as a member of the KM stand committee, I felt the need to reply and hopefully can put this question to bed.

Those who paid for sponsorship of every letter were given :- i) Their name inscribed on the back of the actual letter ii) their name on the plaque (at the entrance to  the Brockvill Bar) to commemorate the letter they sponsored iii) a miniature letter souvenir and iv) the opportunity to have their picture taken with Alex Totten and a group picture with Crunchie. They all received copies of these pictures. 

From the sponsorship and also from sale of merchandise, around £21k was the leftover cash from the naming of the stand. It was decided that this cash would go to a community based project, as indicated at the time. Several discussions were held with the club and it was agreed to try and introduce a "sensory centre" in the main stand, using space in the 11 lounge.  Although there was some initial positive discussions with the 3 other stakeholders  i.e. the Club, Foundation and Falkirk Council to achieve this, it became apparent with time that there was no real enthusiasm to facilitate this.. Although we did keep pushing through the appropriate channels.

Having accomplished our mission of renaming the stand after Crunchie, it was decided to wind down the work we had done. With that, we donated the cash to the Foundation on a "ring fenced" basis that it would only be used with our consent on a suitable community project.  Although the KM committee had stood down, we still saw this as a suitable project for the cash and continued our involvement to try and get the sensory centre built, but with no success. 

Recently we have been in touch with The Falkirk Football Heritage Trust and hope that with their assistance it will be put to good use in building a sensory garden in the new community hub..

As an aside, I do wonder why this question has now been suddenly raised ? 

Sounds good, nice to know something tangible is happening. Where is the new community hub going to be built? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I hate those light shows that the likes of Celtic and Leicester put on. And they have a far better budget than us. It just makes my toes curl for some reason. It's a no from me, sorry.

Mind though we didn’t use to like Ultras and drums either, just saying likes. 

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I hate those light shows that the likes of Celtic and Leicester put on. And they have a far better budget than us. It just makes my toes curl for some reason. It's a no from me, sorry.

You'll be going under the lights until you change your tune. 

clockwork-orange-behind-the-scenes.jpeg.368c674ebf8fa86a038f69b576978e9f.jpeg

8 minutes ago, BPM said:

Is there anyway to stop the pop up adverts on this site? Starting to grate on me

Pay £1 a month and get the platinum membership and it stops. I was the same and switched today. I think you go to your profile and select store and do it from there.

Edited by Harry Kinnear