The Falkirk FC Thread

"It's no secret that club is facing short term cash flow problems and is in desperate need of investment for the short to medium term.

It's well documented why we have these problems and the drastic cost cutting that has taken place at the club in the last twelve months. The fact of the matter is our income has fallen quicker than we can reduce our costs, as many of our costs are not like a tap you can just turn off. It takes time for the effect of the cuts to filter down into our cashflow.

Whilst the Board is addressing the need for an immediate cash injection, we also need all our supporters to play their part. We have only two home league games left before the summer break; not games that were ever budgeted to be big earners. We now need you to make them big games in terms of attendance and income. The challenge will be to achieve an extra one thousand walk-up supporters and an extra fifteen thousand pounds of income at each game.

The more money we can get through the gate now, then the less we will have to take from next season's budget.

This year season ticket sales will be more important to the club than ever before. As this cash is necessary to provide the cash we need to run the club during the close season. In previous seasons we have had a reserve of capital that could be used during the close season. That is not the case this year. The board of directors and major shareholders have already put significant sums of money into the club over the course of this season however it's clear we can't do this on our own and we need your help.

Everyone was taken aback at the numbers that turned out for Monday evening's supporters meeting. This shows how much this club means to us all. Since the meeting, we have had a great response in terms of season ticket sales and offers of help. If we can maintain this level of passion and support through the last two home games and the summer months then we will have gone a long way to secure our future.

I would like to thank you all for your support so far, it is appreciated and it is most certainly not taken for granted."

We fucked up now please bail us out yet again

Two questions that have to be asked at the AGM tonight by shareholders

-Now that Falkirk are within striking distance of Cowdenbeath (if they were given a 25 point deduction for entering administration)

what is the board's position on taking the club into administration this year and getting it over with?Therefore starting afresh after the Summer with no fear of wasting any chances that you have of Promotion next season

AND

-If the club enters administration before the start of next season what is the position of the fans who have already purchased season tickets for the next campaign?

These are two things that I would be asking if it was my club that was in danger.

And before anyone asks,the Second Division's fine this year.Looking forward to the Third!

-Now that Falkirk are within striking distance of Cowdenbeath (if they were given a 25 point deduction for entering administration)

what is the board's position on taking the club into administration this year and getting it over with?Therefore starting afresh after the Summer with no fear of wasting any chances that you have of Promotion next season

AND

-If the club enters administration before the start of next season what is the position of the fans who have already purchased season tickets for the next campaign?

These are two things that I would be asking if it was my club that was in danger.

And before anyone asks,the Second Division's fine this year.Looking forward to the Third!

Why would we enter administration? We don't have any debt :huh:

We wouldn't be given a 25-point deduction, anyway.

Edited by Gaz

Why would we enter administration? We don't have any debt :huh:

We wouldn't be given a 25-point deduction, anyway.

We have no bank debt, and it seems we are finally catching up with the HMRC debts............and that was a debt that went unreported for months.........there were directors who weren't aware of it until it was too late.

We also have assets that may well be able to be linked to the club (and therefore realized) in the case of administration. You will notice that the clubs who see administration as the easy way to dump debt (Livingston and Dundee being the obvious examples) are also the clubs who don't own their own grounds.

Being able to run up debt when there's no assets to secure it against will always be the way for certain clubs to go until the league start to expel them for their actions.

On the Partick Thistle forum one of the posters says that a Falkirk fan said Pressley took a pay cut and also gave a cheque to Falkirk FC to help with the financial difficulties they are in. I aint a fan of the guy at all but fair do's to him if he has done this.

Its a pity Dick Campbell didnt do that with us.

AND

10 teams have played First Division football at Ochilview - Stenhousemuir aren't one of them :lol:

On the Partick Thistle forum one of the posters says that a Falkirk fan said Pressley took a pay cut and also gave a cheque to Falkirk FC to help with the financial difficulties they are in. I aint a fan of the guy at all but fair do's to him if he has done this.

Its a pity Dick Campbell didnt do that with us.

He should've handed in his resignation.

On the Partick Thistle forum one of the posters says that a Falkirk fan said Pressley took a pay cut and also gave a cheque to Falkirk FC to help with the financial difficulties they are in.

This is a claim which has spread from no apparently verified source. It may, or it may not be true.

It's also been claimed that Pressley is "one of the lowest paid Div One bosses" by his apologists, which I certainly don't believe.

Are Falkirk shares easily available or do the Board won the vast majority and the opportunity to buy is like hen's teeth?

It used to be the case that you could buy into a type of share-save scheme through the Bairns Trust. I think it was £10 a month and that got you two or three shares for your tenner. I'm not sure if that scheme is still on the go.

Bairnstrust are collecting money in buckets at the game tonight. This is very sneaky of them as they will be using the money to buy more shares when, given the rumours about our demise, many people will think they are giving the cash over to "save the club". Wankers.

Bairnstrust are collecting money in buckets at the game tonight. This is very sneaky of them as they will be using the money to buy more shares when, given the rumours about our demise, many people will think they are giving the cash over to "save the club". Wankers.

Whether you agree with the trust or not, surely it is better to give, & get something in return, than give & receive the square root of hee haw, for your cash?

The cash will go in the same direction, purchased for shares or not.

Whether you agree with the trust or not, surely it is better to give, & get something in return, than give & receive the square root of hee haw, for your cash?

The cash will go in the same direction, purchased for shares or not.

You aren't getting anything in return though, if I throw money in a bucket I don't become a shareholder.

That's not the issue though - it's that the Trust are using our poor financial situation to try and strengthen their own position. It says on the official site this a response to season ticket holders wishing to pay at the gate tonight, presumably wanting to help the club financially. This is not a substitute for that but the Trust are presenting it as such to further their own agenda.