The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't think that most of the pressley followers are female as I know plenty men prepared to give him a bit longer.

Gaz really stop posting such long answers there a bitch to read on the I-phone and by time I go to answer 1 bit I can not get back to read the rest!!

Pressley inherited Mays squad and did not get the best out of them, yes his signings of of khakis and higginbotham have been shit yes but I do want to see if he has learned anything at all this season.

Hughes left us with no 1st team to speak of, May was a disaster, Mcoll and Jeffries deserted us, lambie....... Need I say more?

f**k lost my train of thought (and text box) and still not worked out this feckin app I'm going to bed. No doubt I will find you round the boards again.

Off to see if the dumfy fan who told me to basically go w**k myself has anymore comments 1st.

Night all

Folk were being made to feel guilty about not travelling through to Firhill today when they had explained that they had affordance issues.

Some folk just like to make out that they are superfans.

I always try to look for the positives in my club but sometimes you just need to be realistic.

Yeah, I thought that was very harsh myself. I'm sure I've said it before, but it's a sign of the times. Money is tight, and whilst the attendances at home this season have been disappointing (something continually pointed out), I can understand it given the circumstances.

Ah well. The club are receiving a fair whack for me to play on the hallowed turf tomorrow. I'll hopefully manage to look more competent than Jack Perry ever did. I can refute the non-committal jibes that way. :D

Was her name Dawn? I would expect so. She turned up at the Falkirk fans' meeting a few weeks ago slavering some rubbish about Pressley doing a good job (needless to say just about everyone else shouted her down). I believe she's well-known for contacting the phone-ins claiming he'll be the next Alex Ferguson.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was the person with the "Well Done Elvis" banner I heard about.

I think it just might have been. I'm sure she tipped Pressley as a future Scotland manager as well.

Edited by Michael W

Ah well. The club are receiving a fair whack for me to play on the hallowed turf tomorrow. I'll hopefully manage to look more competent than Jack Perry ever did. I can refute the non-committal jibes that way. :D

That's the only reason that I wasn't there today.

No disrespect to Partick Thistle but it was a straight toss up between the two. Go to Glasgow to watch the game and give the departing players the send off they deserve or pay decent money in to my own club and get the chance to personally thank the guys for the job that they've done this season.

It's a no brainer.

For what it's worth, I don't think Pressley is daft and I expect him to improve next season with the experience of this season at the back of his mind.

People like you need to realise that the appointment of a manager is the number one effect on the performance of the players, and directly the attendance at games and the money sponsors are willing to pay - and it's the attendance at games and sponsor money that keeps the club alive. Keep employing a shite manager and attendances fall, sponsors stop paying and before you know it there is a real risk of going concern.

This is why I'm deeply concerned at John McGlynn, who, on a regular basis now, is saying Rovers have overachieved and sounds incredibly dim about next season because of budget cuts. Raith have just finished in the highest position of well over a decade, yet our manager has casted a real shadow of doom recently which is going to put off sponsors. We should be shouting from the rooftops about being so close to promotion and finishing in a lofty second place. We do not have to lie, but still, we do not need to over-emphasize our problems. We should be getting the businesses of Kirkcaldy interested and have them confident that they are investing in a club with a bright future, even if it's not particularly likely.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking a Falkirk FC thread. Please, do continue. :)

Off to see if the dumfy fan who told me to basically go w**k myself has anymore comments 1st.

Night all

Will you be posting pictures of this?

There is a lot of finger pointing and blame of past employees of the club. The problem is George Craig.

He seems to have the biggest input on important decisions and gets them all wrong. He is not made accountable for this and continues to make shit decisions. A 1st division club doesn't really need an MD, especially not a shit one, the chairman should be able to do this. In our case we have Martin Ritchie, who knows f**k all about football and comes across as a very weak individual.

The first instance I noticed of the board or GC being unrealistic was our first season at TFS when the price was set at £15 when every other first div ground was £10/11 to get in. Taking this piss out of fans loyalty.

Then we get the next level pish. Falkirk were at the next level, ie in a position to maintain SPL status but then we funded an ego-maniac manager to throw money about we couldn't afford. When that went tits up GC appointed a laughable management team and we continued to spend money we didn't have, begged for money via a share initiative and continued to spend money (not on HMRC liabilities) and that went tits up.

Then we appoint another cheap option rookie manager and again the begging bowl comes out when it's not worked, so we extend his contract!

The writing was on the wall with Craig with the Sarah Scott fiasco. We are now told shit like there won't be a club if you don't buy season tickets. The cash they are looking for wouldn't be far off GC salary. There is no way that c**t is going anywhere, he has too much influence. Logically it would seem crazy for a fan to want his club to go into administration but this is the only way I can see we will be rid of George Craig, who is the biggest problem. I'm neither going to by a season ticket or go to home games until I see an alternative to improving the way this club is run. I don't want to do this but feel it's the best/only option.

Falkirk's situation is dire.

Folk were being made to feel guilty about not travelling through to Firhill today when they had explained that they had affordance issues.

Some folk just like to make out that they are superfans.

We have some superfans on the Falkirk fans website pointing out that the economic downturn really isn't a good enough excuse not to be buying season tickets in copious numbers next season. These tards are comedy.

Hughes left us with no 1st team to speak of, May was a disaster, Mcoll and Jeffries deserted us, lambie....... Need I say more?

It would be best if you didn't after this carnival of cockery.

We have some superfans on the Falkirk fans website pointing out that the economic downturn really isn't a good enough excuse not to be buying season tickets in copious numbers next season. These tards are comedy.

It would be best if you didn't after this carnival of cockery.

My bady put point was we have had some poor managers for 1 reason or another.

The club need season tickets renewed, mine already is.

Edited by BlondeBairn

My bady put point was we have had some poor managers for 1 reason or another.

Well, for a start Hughes wasn't a poor manager. Neither was McCall or Jeffries.

Both May and Lambie were horsed after half a season. Pressley (who is just as bad as that pair) is still here after 1 1/2 seasons of tirture and you are supporting him. The football Pressley has produced is the worst I've seen in my time as a Falkirk fan, and that goes back to the days of Dave Clarke.

The club need season tickets renewed, mine already is.

An alcoholic needs another drink. The wise man doesn't give him one.

Edited by H_B

As you both seem near as dam it middle aged I will just assume you are both sexist!!

:lol:

"Calm down dear, calm down" ;)

Oh ....and I'm not sexist just pointing out the facts.

Well, for a start Hughes wasn't a poor manager. Neither was McCall or Jeffries.

Both May and Lambie were horsed after half a season. Pressley (who is just as bad as that pair) is still here after 1 1/2 seasons of tirture and you are supporting him. The football Pressley has produced is the worst I've seen in my time as a Falkirk fan, and that goes back to the days of Dave Clarke.

An alcoholic needs another drink. The wise man doesn't give him one.

FFS will you please stop trying to pick a fight. My original post a few pages back was not merely at the ability of the manager.

McColl and Jeffries were not poor managers when it came to their management skills it was supposed to be directed to how they left the club.

I blame neither for going to bigger clubs but the way in which they went about it.

For the record I do not like Pressley and he does come across as an arrogant twat however I think the job to save us from relegation was virtually impossible.

He has not done well this season - his first full one however I get the impression the club felt they can not afford better and no I do not know what he earns before you fling this back at me.

McIntyre was not a proven or from what it appears well liked by the fans however his appointment and the time he was given has now reaped the rewards for DFC.

Come December if Pressley has not improved the performances I will be one of the 1st to be calling for his head.

Please can someone tell me how you pull the multi quote thing off? Or parts of a quote off?

Every time I try it I get it wrong?

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Normally online from my mobile if anyones up on the I-phone format.

Sadly I have to go and pretend to be grown up for a few hours but trust I will have said something to upset someone. wink.gif

For the record I do not like Pressley and he does come across as an arrogant twat however I think the job to save us from relegation was virtually impossible.

No it wasn't. Not at all. This is an absolute myth. In fact, it was almost achieved at Kilmarnock, despite the fact we scored no goals from open play in the final 450 minutes of football, due to Pressley's negative tactics. All because Killie were also on a horrific run and barely won a game in the last 10.

A better manager than Pressley may very well have saved us after May left. When he took over we were 2 points behind 11th place and 3 points behind 10th place, with the same number of games played as the 2 teams above us.

We finished the league 2 points behind 11th place and 3 points behind 10th place. Pressley did no better than Eddie May had. We made no progress under him at all.

Logically it would seem crazy for a fan to want his club to go into administration but this is the only way I can see we will be rid of George Craig, who is the biggest problem.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You're the second guy on here that thinks administration is some kind of magic wand. It's an idiotic premise.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You're the second guy on here that thinks administration is some kind of magic wand. It's an idiotic premise.

Spot on. Its ridiculous for people to think that administration is required for things to go right with the club. If we lose points next season as a result of a points deduction we will probably get relegated or finish in the play off position.

Edited by FFC_GJS

Anyhoo - Olejnik !

What address do I send the taxi to ?

That guy has frustrated the hell out of me for pretty much three entire seasons now ... not just for his defensive frailties but more so for his attacking frailties, I'm sure every Falkirk fan can picture what he does when he gets possession of the ball - grasps it close to his chest for an entirety before checking over his shoulder for any lurking attackers, then grasps it to his chest for some more before punting out of the park <_<

He's shit !

It's the one position I'm sure Pressley will have no difficulty filling (ph34r.gif)

I know exactly what you mean Ned! He done it umpteen times against Ross County last week. He takes too long to release the ball to the wide men every time, it's especially irritating when they're in acres of space, he checks behind himself 3 times, before then punting it high to them when they're surrounded by opposition players. <_<