The Falkirk FC Thread

On the topic of mentalists, I was reading that George Craig has said in his letter (haven't got mines yet) that got sent out with the ST renewal forms that he expects to shift more than the 2600 we had this season :lol:

Apparently "John Hughes needs your support" or something along those lines? :lol::lol::lol:

Quote from the club...

We will be linked with lots of players over the summer, we will do our best to comment on them (if we can). And we won't be alone in letting lots of players go, raith let lots go today, including tade, Livi let lots go aswell. The New playe...rs we sign will be on div one wages and not spl wages (like those departing). Steven is expecting to get 6 or 7 players in. At the agm he said "100k would get me 5 players" So even with budget cuts (assuming season ticket sales hold up) it should be an interesting summer.

I'll start.

Hill was never the equal of Ferguson, even when the Bionic Man started to cost us games.

Or that Krul was no better than what we had....

I'll need to look into it but didn't we go on an unbeaten, clean sheet run when Olejnik was restored to the team post-Krul?

Now you mention it I think we conceded the least goals out with the Old Firm in the second half of that season.

Now you mention it I think we conceded the least goals out with the Old Firm in the second half of that season.

that was only because the midfielders we brought in that window only had a reverse gear

The loss of Steven Thomson and the injury to Higdon were much bigger factors than losing Krul.

I think Kiddy is trying to say we were better without Krul, rather than poorer. Unless you are saying our up turn in results post Krul was more to do with the absence of Thomson and Higdon?

2007/08

Krul

22 games

Conceded 37 (1.68 per match)

Won 40.91%

Drew 18.18%

Lost 59.09%

59.09% unbeaten

Olejnik

13 games

Conceded 9 (0.69 per match)

Won 23.08%

Drew 38.46%

Lost 38.46%

61.54% unbeaten

Olejnik's return to the team coincided with a tightening up of our defence and a run of results that saw us one game away from a top 6 finish. It was this spell that saw us go from a team comforatbly clear of Gretna into one that could push the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen. It was at that point that Hughes replaced him with a loanee from Ipswich who had retired from the game within 12 months <_<

Krul is an undoubted better keeper than Olejnik but he let in a fair few goals in his time with us.

I think Kiddy is trying to say we were better without Krul, rather than poorer. Unless you are saying our up turn in results post Krul was more to do with the absence of Thomson and Higdon?

2007/08

Krul

22 games

Conceded 37 (1.68 per match)

Won 40.91%

Drew 18.18%

Lost 59.09%

59.09% unbeaten

Olejnik

13 games

Conceded 9 (0.69 per match)

Won 23.08%

Drew 38.46%

Lost 38.46%

61.54% unbeaten

Olejnik's return to the team coincided with a tightening up of our defence and a run of results that saw us one game away from a top 6 finish. It was this spell that saw us go from a team comforatbly clear of Gretna into one that could push the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen. It was at that point that Hughes replaced him with a loanee from Ipswich who had retired from the game within 12 months dry.gif

Krul is an undoubted better keeper than Olejnik but he let in a fair few goals in his time with us.

I just misunderstood Kiddy if thats the case.

So much so, that I have cast doubt on it & been proven correct. :huh:

The boy who cried wolf. It's about a guy who talks so much shite. So much shite that the one time he's talking some sense, everyone thinks 'Nah, he's just talking shite again'.

The boy who cried wolf. It's about a guy who talks so much shite. So much shite that the one time he's talking some sense, everyone thinks 'Nah, he's just talking shite again'.