The Falkirk FC Thread

I hope you're joking.

He just fishes for comebacks and most falkirk fans are dumb enough to take the bait and bite, he's probably laughing like f**k when he sees some of the shite falkirk 'fans' post to him.

The new signing, Scott O(not going to even attempt to spell his name) is a bit like that too

We played well. Stirling stepped it up for five minutes and capitalised on a mistake from Flynn. Other than that we looked good. Olumide and Bia-bi stood out in the first half.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Edited by RobBairn1876

If Holt thinks that squad is good enough for a title challenge then that really concerns me. There is nowhere near enough experience, some of those boys playing today seriously looked about 14. Open to being proved wrong by either a couple of signings or them unexpectedly stepping up to the challenge, but the latter, I just really can't see it at the moment.

If Holt thinks that squad is good enough for a title challenge then that really concerns me. There is nowhere near enough experience, some of those boys playing today seriously looked about 14. Open to being proved wrong by either a couple of signings or them unexpectedly stepping up to the challenge, but the latter, I just really can't see it at the moment.

Unfortunately agree with all this.

Was impressed with Connor Greene, Vaulks, Botti, Olu, Kingsley and Shepherd (Was that the ginger boy upfront?)

But Flynn, Sibbald and to a certain extent McGeever looked poor. Then again it's only the second game of pre-season and these games are mostly for fitness.

Memorable moments for me in this match were first half Boti in free space moving away from the Stirling defender like he was on a motorbike. He clearly has pace but still a bit raw. I actually thought the first half performance was best, which was a bit odd seeing as only 2 first team regulars featured. "Trialist" Number 4 impressed, get him signed up! Taylor didn't really receive any service. Any from that 11 looked capable of at least providing decent cover for the usual starters.

Second half a great run and goal from Kingsley, Alston clearing the ball of the refs face, a neat finish from White after a clever pass from Flynn.

A good run out and fitness exercise a chance to look over the entire squad. Obvious issues needing addressed, who at centre half and need an additional striker. Not comfortable with Flynn or McGeever at back, Duffie doesn't inspire confidence in a defensive sense either, Vaulks looks the part but lacks height. No one mature enough in stiking position to provide support for Taylor...

Botti is 18. Looks fairly strong which is a change for our youngsters.

We need a few signings but no rush and think we may ( hope ) we see some movement after the trip up north. We are only taking a squad of 20 up so we should see how the first team will look next week.