The Falkirk FC Thread

It's not just the game. Of we sign him it's because Holt has assessed his ability and thinks he is good enough. If he's been so pish before anyway, why is it that Carlisle fans wanted to keep him and were disappointed to see him go? There's more to it than the track record, let's not shoot him down before he's even signed, eh?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

How many players have we seen be a success pretty much only at Falkirk?

1 that instantly springs to mind is Darryl Duffy.

Then you have Dr Deuchar at the other end of the scale, pish here but good at every other club

I don't care how bad players looked elsewhere as long as they look good here.

When we are playing these guys as trialists, I hope we don't give his past a thought.

Edited by Gaz FFC

We should be speaking to the Shirey Pirey about moving back to the Falkirk area next season now that we have the plastic pitch. Offer cheaper than what Stenny are asking for and throw availability to train on there 2 nights a week. (They currently train at Little Kerse).

Wasn't too impressed with Loy the other day tbh. He took his second well but apart from that didnt think he was up to much. His touch wasn't too great, didnt seem to have an awful lot of pace and not too great in the air. Definitely think there will be better out there than him.

We should be speaking to the Shirey Pirey about moving back to the Falkirk area next season now that we have the plastic pitch. Offer cheaper than what Stenny are asking for and throw availability to train on there 2 nights a week. (They currently train at Little Kerse).

Falkirk have been training at Alloa for the last 6 weeks

Shire dont pay a lot at stennie, deal was done when they were nearly at deaths door.....

TBH, dont think its worth the hassle, hiring the pitch out would be worth monies to us other than offering Shire training two nites a week.

The Stennie/Alloa model is where we are going me thinks......hire pitch = money.....sad but true..... :huh:

It's not just the game. Of we sign him it's because Holt has assessed his ability and thinks he is good enough. If he's been so pish before anyway, why is it that Carlisle fans wanted to keep him and were disappointed to see him go? There's more to it than the track record, let's not shoot him down before he's even signed, eh?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

If he signs then I'll give him a fair crack of the whip. What I am saying is that at this moment in time the best way to gauge whether it would be a good signing or not would be his past performances, which have been awful.

Some Carlisle fans may be saying that. Some Falkirk fans said they were disappointed to see utter dross like Carl Finnigan leave Falkirk.

Then you have Dr Deuchar at the other end of the scale, pish here but good at every other club

When we are playing these guys as trialists, I hope we don't give his past a thought.

I'm not saying he would be bad for us. However, given the available evidence at this time I would say it is likely he wouldn't be good enough.

Duffy did well Swansea until they signed him or stepped up a league...maybe both.... He has in flashes done well goal ratio at others too, gotta remember he was only with us short time.

Higgy an Mcgivern off top of my head would have the only good at falkirk brush

As for Loy.... Id hoped for bigger profile, but won't judge till I see him. Football players can be funny beggars, rite club, rite position and cerain other players around them can make them world beaters....see mcgivern and Stainrod for latter and I don't think Cregg was same player after O'Donnell left..

I don't think we can read into his scoring ratio too much, don't think he's been employed as main striker too much.

I think the problem is, that we are starved of new signings and fans tend to be aye aye at anything, we shudnt be...but that's how it is

Derek Riordan being debated on One F just now. Would you take him? I wouldn't be keen tbh.

He's a cock but I'd take him if we could afford him, but our wages wouldn't cover his weekly legal fees.

Duffy did well Swansea until they signed him or stepped up a league...maybe both.... He has in flashes done well goal ratio at others too, gotta remember he was only with us short time.

Higgy an Mcgivern off top of my head would have the only good at falkirk brush

As for Loy.... Id hoped for bigger profile, but won't judge till I see him. Football players can be funny beggars, rite club, rite position and cerain other players around them can make them world beaters....see mcgivern and Stainrod for latter and I don't think Cregg was same player after O'Donnell left..

I don't think we can read into his scoring ratio too much, don't think he's been employed as main striker too much.

I think the problem is, that we are starved of new signings and fans tend to be aye aye at anything, we shudnt be...but that's how it is

Bit unfair on Super Sam I'd say. He did pretty well at Killie and was a Scottish U21 international with them.