The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Since relegation we have had some real stinkers, as BPM said this season is not unique in that some players just don't work out.

Some of my personal lowlights;

2010/11

Mehdi Khalis

Jason Marr

Ross Perry

2011/12

Willie Gibson

Jordan White

2012/13

Iain Flannigan

Johnny Flynn

Andy Haworth

Sean Higgins

Chris Smith

2013/14

Rakish Bingham

Joe Chalmers

Olu Durojaiye

Phil Roberts

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Jonny Flynn was superb the last part of last season.

Guest Back Post Misses
OTJ played 5 games for us, trying to make a case for him in a positive way in those games is in a similar fashion to Morgan, there isnt one

Im now thinking on Ally Graham as being in the same class as the above two as worst signing since in my opinion.....Tho only Jordan runs them close in the above mentioned....but he was a step above Ally Graham.

Smiths had his day in the sun v Cowdenbeath and varying sub impacts, Cooper has had impact moments and started off not too badly, the point being they have had some impact, something that cant be put towards OTJ or Morgan[/

quote]

I am not making a positive for OTJ merely I don't believe considering how few games he play before joining us and how few he played I don't like making a snap judgement. It is the same with Morgan. I have seen enough of him now to make join the he is useless band.

Guest Back Post Misses

Agreed. I mentioned him for his first season, which he was a bomb scare.

I don't really agree with that either. He had two three high profile blunders but he had pace and a great attitude.

I don't really agree with that either. He had two three high profile blunders but he had pace and a great attitude.

I remember the blunders and that's Probobly clouding my judgement. Nice fella when I met him though, agree on his attitude.

On course for our worst league finish in 13 years. Need a good few bodies in for next season.

Dreading Saturday now but hey, expect the unexpected. COYB

Played not too bad today, it's the last third tho in which we have problems.... I include the midfield in the criticism for the last third....no real open play goal threat.

The big downside is no Baird and no Kerr....the latter we can cope without....minus Loy we have Morgan,O'Hara ,Smith and possibly Botti...tho he is made of paper

Play a 3 5 2 next week

Go with 3 centRe halls crack muirhead and grant

Will back into middle of park

Pressure the wide area with Duffie and Luke

Taboo sib bald Middle with Will

Alston and Smith up top

Work our socks off and we could surprise Hibs

What a write off of a season. I didn't expect much going into it to be honest, but I did think we would finish 4th and not doing so, in my book, is a failure. The table doesn't lie - Queen of the South deserve to be there ahead of us and fair play to them, but I think serious questions have to be asked as to why we will, barring a miracle, be finishing 5th.

Houston's signings in the main, as we know, have not been good enough - but this has been been more of a problem this year with the competition being much stiffer compared to other years when Pressley and Holt have perhaps had a bit more leniency to sign dross and get away with it. His tactics could be called into question, although not too many people were complaining about the football being played in our long unbeaten run at the start of the year. Too many draws will ultimately cost us, but the fact we have missed Loy so much has been incredibly worrying and doesn't look good for next season if we are so reliable on one player to make us tick. I do think the people, especially on One F, who have called for Houston to go are going a bit far - I'd give him all of next season to see where we are at the end of a campaign which hasn't been such a freak league.

As for the semi next week - I am fearing the worst. If Loy, as we all expect, won't be playing - we also have various other first teamers who we are all too aware can't play. The fact we can't seem to score, have a back line which is looking increasingly fragile, and are playing a Hibs team that will be buoyant after deservedly beating Hearts today, is not making me optimistic at all.

Kinda caught between a rock and a hard place, either bin Houston or keep him and allow him to waste more money on signing dross, the standard of football has been god awful to watch for the majority of the season aswell. We have no goalscoring midfielders who can get 10 or 12 goals a season and Loy apart no decent strikers, Baird tries hard and is good at penalties but needs a decent partner, he isn't great up top on his own a bit like Loy.

Looking to next season, i say we need to bring in at least 5 new players with the outs that will happen.

Obviosuly Loy is away to Dundee

McCracken to be released

MacDonald to Killie on a free transfer

Duffie to anywhere but our first team

Sheapprd and Botti out on loan

So i would like to see at least 5 coming in - new keeper, new centre half, new right back and 2 new strikers.

Possible first team squad of -

Bowman (K)

Muirhead (D)

P.Grant (D)

Vaulks (D)

Leahy(D)

Dick(D)

Alston (M)

Kerr (M)

Taiwo(M)

Sibbald(M)

Cooper (F)

Smith ( F)

Baird (S)

Then you have the likes of - Rowan, McGeever, Eadie, Finlayson, Blair, McNabb, Hogg, Blues, T.Grant Sheppard, Botti and O`hara in the under 20s to supplement the squaq if they are not released/ loaned out.

Who is spoiled exactly? This game on Saturday could be a hiding, not sure where the fun in that is.

Spoiled with the fact that we are going back to Hampden and 90 mins from a final. Most Falkirk fans will tell you asides 97, that we waited years to reach a semi final. Yet we have been there nigh on every year recently