The Falkirk FC Thread

This is better evidence, when the ball leaves his foot showing Burrell was not in the box but one of our players was.  I hope Hartley was fuming over this :)  COYB

off side.jpg

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

The negativity is more centred on this crazy chopping and changing every month situation which gives neither young keeper a chance to settle in to the job.  If either had been given the gloves for a long extended period of time then I'm sure we'd have seen the best out of them .

This.

38 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I think it's given for niang being offside not burell. 

Yeah I only watched it once didn't bother to go back over cos f**k Shartley lol, but IIRC there was 2 or 3 Cove players borderline and despite the linesman being probably in the wrong for giving one of them offside when it , it makes the decision much more understandable. 

Honestly cant understand the constant confusion on this thread between criticism on a game to game basis and negativity. 

There's maybe only a couple of yer genuinely "negative" posters even left posting, such has been the magnificence of this season. Even the old board cheerleaders have wisely piped down. But game to game praise and/or criticism is absolutely the right way to analyse your teams performances. I'm having the time of my life following these boys this season and no amount of me saying "I don't agree with doing month each for goalies" is going to change that, but il fucking guarantee, that criticism where its due from John McGlynn and Paul Smith has played a huge part in us getting our standards this high and keeping them there. Granted, they will be more forensic about it, but the principle is the same, and that will continue next season as we will seek to demand better again. 

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah I only watched it once didn't bother to go back over cos f**k Shartley lol, but IIRC there was 2 or 3 Cove players borderline and despite the linesman being probably in the wrong for giving one of them offside when it , it makes the decision much more understandable. 

Aye, he is obviously still wrong but think as soon as the ball is launched back in the lino looks along the line and flags straight away as niang is off, even though it's burrell that goes for it

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye, he is obviously still wrong but think as soon as the ball is launched back in the lino looks along the line and flags straight away as niang is off, even though it's burrell that goes for it

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Is John mcglynn at it again about 2.25 into his post match interview?

Can’t blame John, being a gentleman of advancing years myself sometimes a wee cheeky one just sneaks out.

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly cant understand the constant confusion on this thread between criticism on a game to game basis and negativity. 

There's maybe only a couple of yer genuinely "negative" posters even left posting, such has been the magnificence of this season. Even the old board cheerleaders have wisely piped down. But game to game praise and/or criticism is absolutely the right way to analyse your teams performances. I'm having the time of my life following these boys this season and no amount of me saying "I don't agree with doing month each for goalies" is going to change that, but il fucking guarantee, that criticism where its due from John McGlynn and Paul Smith has played a huge part in us getting our standards this high and keeping them there. Granted, they will be more forensic about it, but the principle is the same, and that will continue next season as we will seek to demand better again. 

This.

I like the rotation. Football is a squad game. Not giving more of the squad a run risks them being rustier or disengaged when injuries or suspensions happen.

Case in point - Tam got injured, we could move Hendo knowing Tait could step in, and didn’t he do well. Similarly if Cal needs a rest after a couple of kickings this week, Ross is more likely to be match-fit. And Mackie has done well - can’t argue with two assists.

As for the keepers, much of a muchness and tbh I think the concerns, while not unjustified, are a bit exaggerated. All about opinions etc, though I do trust McGlynn’s more than most. 

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I totally agree that it’s perfectly fine to do a bit of criticising and game analysis on here, that’s what this forum is for. I just didn’t agree with the booing in the stadium on Saturday, I know it was only a few but there was no need for it.

I remember McGlynn saying that it will become more important that we have a squad of good players rather than a good first 11 as the season progresses. This is very true. We only get to see the players on the park and we dont see them in training. Little knocks dont mean a player cannot play but does mean at times that a game as sub would be better. He knows about issues we dont see

To automatically get a League Medal you require 10 appearances

Those that i'm sure McGlynn will get on the pitch one way or another

McGinn on 6

Tait on 6

Shanley on 7

Bisland on 8

Mackie on 6

Allan on 15 and Lawal on 10 also qualify hence why Ola was giving it large last night. 

Brad McKay is only on 5 though 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I too am delighted with how it's going but I am genuinely concerned with the lack of goals in the team at the moment, as we're possibly becoming a wee bit too reliant on crosses alone. I reckon teams have sussed this out. I got slaughtered last night for suggesting we should realistically have a plan B. Don't see what's wrong with that? 

31 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I too am delighted with how it's going but I am genuinely concerned with the lack of goals in the team at the moment, as we're possibly becoming a wee bit too reliant on crosses alone. I reckon teams have sussed this out. I got slaughtered last night for suggesting we should realistically have a plan B. Don't see what's wrong with that? 

Out of interest, what's your span of games of at the moment that you are genuinely concerned over?

27 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Teams are filling their box with big defenders to stop the effect of crosses a bit. This is where we need to be a bit cute and mix it. The goal last night involved passing in the penalty area and it worked. Small point as we are coasting but could make it a bit easier on ourselves